City Girl Cap Pattern -- Accepted to CPAD Calendar 2007!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

i love it!!!! i made a few already. this is the simplest coolest pattern i've evr tried!!! very nice and classy style. thanks for sharing. i've been looking for a pattern like this for ever!!! so awesome!!!

clickable pic!

My daughter the model!

th_100_1127.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I love this hat!! I altered the pattern a lil for a guy that wanted a hat like this, and it turned out GREAT. the pattern is really easy to follow and to the point. thanks celeste!!

• 6 months later...

I made two for my sis for Christmas this year. I love this pattern, it's so cute and easy. (And yes, the stores are selling them in this exact style! even a local chain, Meijer supposedly has them).

• 4 weeks later...

Hello!

That work is sooo cute.:cheer

During these times it is here in austria in fashion.

Mostly everybody has these cup on his head. :lol

Thank you for sharing with us.:c9

Regards:manyheart

Julia

• 1 month later...

This hat of yours is absolutly adorable, but unfortunatly, as a self-taught crocheter, I have trouble following patterns. Every pattern I follow turns out way too big, or way to small,.. So the first time I tried to make your hat, It looked like elmer Fudd's hunting hat. (it was really funny), and the 2nd time, it wouldn't even fit my baby. So, a few months later (yesterday) I tried again, and this time I didnt' look at the pattern, I just used your idea and let my finger's do their own thing, and I love the hat! It's a tiny bit different, but your hat designe definently made it possible. Here's a a link you can see it on me. thanks again for the great hat!:manyheart

http://a419.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/127/l_4cbe0f11027575998a08e647a6eaf4ea.jpg

Hello,

I fell in love with this hat at first sight. It is perfect for my urban style and being a new crocheter myself, I like having a challenge.

I had to learn the FPDC and BPDC stitch so that I could do this hat, and it turned out very nicely until I came to round 6. It says:

Ch3(FPDC around each of next two FPDC, 2 BPDC around next BPDC, BPDC around each of next two BPDC)

I was going fine until I got to BPDC around each of next two BPDC. According to round 5, there is only one BPDC, and in your directions for round 6, it says to do 2 BPDC around one BPDC, and then do another BPDC around one more BPDC.

If this makes any sense to you, please reply back to help me out. I want to do this hat so much.

Thank you for your time,

Rebekah

Hi rebekah! glad to hear you're enjoying the pattern so far -- sorry for the snafu!

In round 5, you should have a repeating series of 2 fpdc, 3 bpdc, so that when you do round 6 you can fpdc around each of the two fpdc (staying at 2 fpdc) and then do 2 bpdc around the first bpdc and one around each of the next two (increasing to 4 bpdc). Does that make more sense?

Hello again,

Thank you so much, I totally get it now. I was doing FPDC and BPDC around all of the posts at once if it said, BPDC around each of the next three, I did a BPDC around all three of the posts.

Again thank you so much, I was doing it completely wrong. Your pattern is amazing by the way, congrats!

Rebekah

:)

Heehee...it's always fun to have a pattern named after me! :rofl :rofl :rofl

It's a great hat...so cute! Congrats! :cheer

PLEASE, I STARTED THIS AFGHAN AND LOST PATTERN, GRAYCE

HELP HELP

• 1 month later...

I need help with the hat. I love it. But I get confused with the chain part. Seems if I do the bpdc I end up with too many stitches. Yea, I am new to crochet. I did make the hat and ignored the chain stitch but does not look good in the back. I forgot if it is row 3 or 4 where I get stumped. My hubby loves the one on me but I know it is not right.

Archived