City Girl Cap Pattern -- Accepted to CPAD Calendar 2007!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used Fushia Baby Alpaca Wool (sooooo soft). I put some plastic (thin) in the bill to keep it from drooping....This was my trial hat prior to making one for my daughter who is picky!

city-girl-cap-chrishazzoo.jpg

Thanks for the pattern!:hug

I love this pattern and am dying to make one for myself, but I have a question: can anyone tell me the circumference of the finished hat? I apparently have a very large head, and lots of hat patterns don't fit me as written. I would just like to know how much to modify so it will fit my enormous noggin :lol .

Alison

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Awesome hat! I just made it and I love it. Thanks for the great pattern. I do have a question. I'm new to crochet and didn't check my gauge. The hat is too big. Should I just remake it or is their a way to block or felt it that will make it smaller? Thanks for any help provided.:think

• 1 month later...

Okay I just started the hat this morning before I left for work. You know instead of coffee and the newspaper it is coffee and crochet. So I picked up my 2007 Calendar and cheated a bit and found the hat. I think it will be nice and popular with some of the young girls at my church.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived