City Girl Cap Pattern -- Accepted to CPAD Calendar 2007!

Thank you to all of my testers and to Kathy, who encouraged me to submit this design!!! The bugs seem to be out, but if you notice anything, please let me know!

Happy Hooking! :hook

th_SideView.jpg

(image is clickable!)

City Girl Cap

Designed by Celeste Young

Materials: 3oz/85g (1 skein) Lion Brand Wool-Ease in Seaspray, J-10 (6mm) hook

Gauge: 15 sts, 10 rows = 4†in hdc

Brim (make 2):

Row 1: Ch 31, turn. Sc in second ch from hook and in each ch across (30 sc).

Row 2: Ch 2, turn (counts as first hdc in this row only). Skipping first sc, hdc in each sc across and in beg ch 1 (30 hdc).

Row 3: Ch 2, turn. Skipping first hdc, sc decrease over next two hdc. Hdc in next 25 hdc, sc decrease over next st and second ch of beg ch 2.

Row 4: Ch 2, turn. Skipping first hdc, sc decrease over next two hdc. Hdc in next 23 hdc, sc decrease over next st and second ch of beg ch 2.

Row 5: Ch 2, turn. Skipping first hdc, sc decrease over next two hdc. Hdc in next 21 hdc, sc decrease over next st and second ch of beg ch 2.

Row 6: Ch 2, turn. Skipping first hdc, sc decrease over next two hdc. Hdc in next 19 hdc, sc decrease over next st and second ch of beg ch 2.

Row 7: Ch 2, turn. Skipping first hdc, sc decrease over next two hdc. Hdc in next 17 hdc, sc decrease over next st and second ch of beg ch 2.

Row 8: Ch 2, turn. Skipping first hdc, sc decrease over next two hdc. Hdc in next 15 hdc, sc decrease over next st and second ch of beg ch 2. Fasten off.

Crown:

Ch 4. Join with sl st in first ch to form ring.

Rnd 1: Ch 3 (counts as first dc), 23 dc in ring (24 dc). Join with sl st to top of beg ch 3.

Rnd 2: Ch 3(counts as last BPDC now and throughout), FPDC in next dc, (2 BPDC in next dc, FPDC in next DC) around, BPDC around beg ch 3. Join with sl st to top of beg ch 3 (12 FPDC, 24 BPDC made).

Rnd 3: Ch 3, (2 FPDC around first FPDC, BPDC around each of next two BPDC) around. Join with sl st to top of beg ch 3.

Rnd 4: Ch 3, (FPDC around each of next two FPDC, 2 BPDC around next BPDC, BPDC around next BPDC) around. Join with sl st to top of beg ch 3.

Rnd 5: Ch 3, (FPDC around each of next two FPDC, BPDC around next three BPDC) around. Join with sl st to top of beg ch 3.

Rnd 6: Ch 3, (FPDC around each of next two FPDC, 2 BPDC around next BPDC, BPDC around each of next two BPDC) around. Join with sl st to top of beg ch 3.

Rnd 7: Ch 3, (FPDC around each of next two FPDC, BPDC around each of next four BPDC) around. Join with sl st to top of beg ch 3.

Rnds 8-16: Rep rnd 7.

Rnd 17: Ch 1, sc in same st as joining. Sc in each dc around, join with sl st to first sc (72 sc).

Rnd 18: Rep rnd 17.

Rnd 19: Ch 1, sc in same st as joining and in next 20 sc. Place visor pieces together with WS facing and edges evenly held together (pin if needed) against front of hat. Insert hook into first bottom loops of each visor piece, then into next sc from rnd 18. YO and draw a loop up and through these three layers, yo and draw through two loops on hook (sc). Sc in same way across remaining 29 sc of bottom of visor to connect it to cap (30 sc). Sc in next 21 sts around; join with sl st in beg sc.

Rnd 20: Ch 1, sc in same st as joining and next 20 sc. 10 sc along edge of visor to corner, 17 sc across 17 sts of front of brim, 10 sc along other edge of visor. Sc in remaining 21 sc around. Join with sl st in beg sc, fasten off.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I love this pattern. I'm hoping this style may encourage our Girls of Grace group to take up crochet... how can they resist when you can make something this cool?

Thanks and congrats!

Archived