Mountaineer Crocheters? (West Virginia)

BarbaraJean

Just wanted to say hello to everyone. I live in the big town (LOL) of Sissonville. It's about 10 minutes from Charleston, or 30 minutes from Ripley. We got fishing at Elk Fork in Ripley just about every weekend.

Welcome! I live in the big town (actually I don't know that it is a town) of Gallipolis Ferry. It's about 5 miles from Pt. Pleasant, home of the Moth Man! I've been to Sissonville for High School football games. Glad to have you here!! :manyheart

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey I am a mountaineer too. I live in Nicholas County(Southern) WV. I am about 30-45 minutes from the New River Gorge Bridge.

:cheer:yarn

Hey I am a mountaineer too. I live in Nicholas County(Southern) WV. I am about 30-45 minutes from the New River Gorge Bridge.

:cheer:yarn

Glad you joined us!!!:cheer:clap:cheer:yay :yay :hug

You'll love it here! :manyheart

• 2 months later...
I'm a mountaineer, too! Yet another West Virginia crocheter on this board. I even graduated from WVU. I'm in northern WV.

Welcome! It's always good to meet some more Mountaineers! I think you'll like it here! :hug

Hi everbody, I'm not in WV but really close. I live in Western Maryland, Allegany County and I work in Bruceton Mills WV at USP Hazelton, the federal prison.

Trust me, crocheting is a real release for me after a day there!

Hi everbody, I'm not in WV but really close. I live in Western Maryland, Allegany County and I work in Bruceton Mills WV at USP Hazelton, the federal prison.

:hugGlad to meet you! Keep on crocheting, honey! I'm sure you need it!:lol

Seems like most of you live up state....I live in the very bottom. McDowell County. Went to the same high school as the rocket boys from the movie "October Sky". My mom actually went to school with them. I live about 30 minutes from welch and about an hour from bluefield. I have family in Morgantown and Fairmont though. Visited WVU when I was a kid and the size scared me , so I went to Concord College up past Princeton instead!

I'm a mountaineer, too! Yet another West Virginia crocheter on this board. I even graduated from WVU. I'm in northern WV.

Nice to meet you! I graduated from Keyser High School - grew up in Burlington.

Not so far from where I grew up. I also lived in Elk Garden for 3.5 years. That's pretty close to you isn't it?

Seems like most of you live up state....I live in the very bottom. McDowell County. Went to the same high school as the rocket boys from the movie "October Sky". My mom actually went to school with them. I live about 30 minutes from welch and about an hour from bluefield. I have family in Morgantown and Fairmont though. Visited WVU when I was a kid and the size scared me , so I went to Concord College up past Princeton instead!

I visited Welch several years ago and was in Gilbert in June. Such friendly people!

• 2 months later...
Welcome! I live in the big town (actually I don't know that it is a town) of Gallipolis Ferry. It's about 5 miles from Pt. Pleasant, home of the Moth Man! I've been to Sissonville for High School football games. Glad to have you here!! :manyheart

I spent ages 2 to 16 in Gallipolis, OH :)

• 8 months later...

I was born and raised in Wheeling, WV, but I have lives in Columbus, Ohio for the last 22 years. I still consider my self a Mountaineer, not a stinking Buckeye!

• 1 month later...

There's a bunch of ya. I'm from Moundsville. have moved through the country and live in Felton California now.

• 3 weeks later...

hey! I'm Ms.Deb from Tennessee now but originally from Beckley WV (the southern part of the state). I get so homesick - I'd love to chat with ya'll.

Hello all!!!!!!! I am also from WV. I was born and raised in Parkersburg (Wood County), but am now living in TN. I have family that still live in WV and OH. My grandmother lived in Rainelle. I have an aunt still living in Parkersburg and one in Charleston. I also have great aunts & uncles, cousins living in Beckley and surrounding areas.

hey! I'm Ms.Deb from Tennessee now but originally from Beckley WV (the southern part of the state). I get so homesick - I'd love to chat with ya'll.

Hello all!!!!!!! I am also from WV. I was born and raised in Parkersburg (Wood County), but am now living in TN. I have family that still live in WV and OH. My grandmother lived in Rainelle. I have an aunt still living in Parkersburg and one in Charleston. I also have great aunts & uncles, cousins living in Beckley and surrounding areas.

Hi ladies!

I'm near Ripley. I've lived in WV all my life except for 1 year when we lived in Maine.

A huge part of me is in TN though. :) My baby is in his second year at UT. I just left him yesterday so my heart is still a little broken. I don't know if it ever completely heals though.

Hi! I do not know how I missed this thread. I am from Washington,WV which is just outside of Parkersburg, WV. I was born and raised here. I did move to Dry Creek,WV near Whitesville or Beckley for about a year. Other than that I have never left WV.

To the person from Wintersville, my husband is from that area. I think his hometown is Piney Fork, Piney Creek or something like that? :lol

I hope to get to meet a few of ya sometime.

:hug

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone! I'm in Charles Town- in the Panhandle about 10 minutes from Harper's Ferry. I've only been here 3 years, but I do love it! I grew up outside of Albuquerque, NM, so I love the mountains and living in a small town again feels like home. :)

• 1 month later...

Also a WV resident, although not a native. Both of my parents were born here but dad was in the military so I ended up being born in FL, but mom moved back in 1986 and brought me and my sister with her, been here ever since. I live almost exactly halfway between Charleston and Huntington.

• 2 months later...

Archived