BarbaraJean

Mountaineer Crocheters? (West Virginia)

Ah, but WV is growing. There's always a Super Wal*Mart nearby.

The closest WalMart is 30 miles away in Moorefield...don't know if it's a super center or not. We left before it was built...always had to travel 50 miles to Winchester to do any REAL shopping. We lived about a half mile off the main road and had a section which was a mini "Death Road" so I frequently didn't get anywhere from Thanksgiving until April because of snow or ice. Don't miss THAT either.

I'm another born and raised in WV girl, but have been living in Kentucky for the last 25 years. I lived in southern WV, Man/Logan area. I haven't been back there for about 4 years, but will probably make a trip in this summer. I've got several crocheted items ready for my soon to be born "great niece".

My brother and his family still live in Logan.

Nice to meet you!:hug Hugs to all the crocheting West Virginians!

My mom grew up in Weirton...We go back in the summer to visit family almost every year:cheer

The closest WalMart is 30 miles away in Moorefield...don't know if it's a super center or not. We left before it was built...always had to travel 50 miles to Winchester to do any REAL shopping. We lived about a half mile off the main road and had a section which was a mini "Death Road" so I frequently didn't get anywhere from Thanksgiving until April because of snow or ice. Don't miss THAT either.

I've been to that Wal*Mart. It is a Supercenter but it's a small one. I like our location. We live in a country setting with plenty of neighbors but are only 30 minutes from Parkersburg, 35 from Charleston and 1 hour from Huntington.

:yayGlad to find some Mountaineers! I didn't know this was here until I was posting on another thread..Thanks Barbara Jean! I live in Gallipolis Ferry. I'm 5 miles from Point Pleasant and about 45 miles from Huntington. Been here all my life. And about those WalMarts.... I have one that is about ten minutes away and another about 20 minutes away. Guess I'm blessed!:wink:haha

:yayGlad to find some Mountaineers! I didn't know this was here until I was posting on another thread..Thanks Barbara Jean! I live in Gallipolis Ferry. I'm 5 miles from Point Pleasant and about 45 miles from Huntington. Been here all my life. And about those WalMarts.... I have one that is about ten minutes away and another about 20 minutes away. Guess I'm blessed!:wink:haha

Hello LaDonna! Have you heard about the new Super Wal*Mart opening in Ripley in about a week? Supposed to be one of the largest in the country.

Nice to meet you! :hug

Hello LaDonna! Have you heard about the new Super Wal*Mart opening in Ripley in about a week? Supposed to be one of the largest in the country.

Nice to meet you! :hug

Where is that Wal*Mart gonna be? I didn't know about it. There is one already in Ripley, right? Sometimes I get my towns mixed up. But I'm sure I've shopped there when we've been in Ripley for football games and wrestling tournaments. It's near Taco Bell & Wendy's.

Where is that Wal*Mart gonna be? I didn't know about it. There is one already in Ripley, right? Sometimes I get my towns mixed up. But I'm sure I've shopped there when we've been in Ripley for football games and wrestling tournaments. It's near Taco Bell & Wendy's.

Yes, that's correct. It's a small Wal*Mart, one of the early ones I suppose. It will now be behind Taco Bell. Instead of turning right at that stop light you will turn left. I'm afraid traffic will become a mess right there. I've heard we'll be getting an Applebees as well.

Hi. :hi I live in Ona, near the Huntington mall. I've been registered here for a while, but just found this thread. Good to meet you all (y'all?).

Hey Marshall91 & :welcome ! I'm in your neck of the woods quite often. I visit the Huntington Mall frequently and the new shopping center where Target is. Are you a Marshall fan?

Hi. :hi I live in Ona, near the Huntington mall. I've been registered here for a while, but just found this thread. Good to meet you all (y'all?).

Hi! Welcome!

Hey Marshall91 & :welcome ! I'm in your neck of the woods quite often. I visit the Huntington Mall frequently and the new shopping center where Target is. Are you a Marshall fan?

I've always been a WVU fan, then when we moved here I've added Marshall. Now my son has been accepted to UT so I have another to support. :D

We have always been Marshall :cheer fans and since Coach Rod came, we have been huge:cheer Mountaineer :cheer fans! We follow football more than basketball.

Well, hello neighbor! :hug We've not tried the Roadhouse yet. We were going to have lunch there a few days ago but they aren't open until evening. Did you enjoy the meal?

Sorry I haven't looked at this thread since I posted. Yes the food at Texas Roadhouse is great!! It is one of my fav restraunts! I always get their beef tips with mashed potatoes and gravy...don't forget the rolls and honey butter when you go! NOW I AM HUNGRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I live across the bridge from WV in Ohio! Both my daughters live in WV.

I live across the bridge from WV in Ohio! Both my daughters live in WV.

Hello! bye1.gif It's nice to meet you!! Looks like we're nearly neighbors.

Way To Go Mountaineers!!!! NIT Champions!! :cheer:yay:cheer:woo:cheer :cheer :cheer

What part of WV are you from?

Jackson County

Way To Go Mountaineers!!!! NIT Champions!!

:yay :yay

I lived in southern WV in Princeton until three years ago when I moved to the Napa Valley in CA. I miss the WV mountains and the four seasons that we had there.

Welcome justvicki! Glad to have you here at the 'ville! If I were gone from WV, I'd miss Spring and Fall! I love those seasons. But, of course, having that CA sunshine all the time wouldn't be so bad!! Glad to hear from you!!

I am originally from Moundsville. I told an office mate once that I didn't really have a southern accent, that I lived up in the panhandle of WVa close to Pittsburgh really, right along the "a-high-a" river. She laughed. Family from Green Co PA, and Aleppo, Cameron and Woodruff. Love those names.

I am originally from Moundsville. I told an office mate once that I didn't really have a southern accent, that I lived up in the panhandle of WVa close to Pittsburgh really, right along the "a-high-a" river. She laughed. Family from Green Co PA, and Aleppo, Cameron and Woodruff. Love those names.

Hi'ya Katy! :hi

Just wanted to say hello to everyone. I live in the big town (LOL) of Sissonville. It's about 10 minutes from Charleston, or 30 minutes from Ripley. We got fishing at Elk Fork in Ripley just about every weekend.