My Jimbo Hooks!

MarvieN

I got two hooks from Jimbo on Thursday, which was awesome since I ordered them as my bday gift and they arrived on my bday *g*

my.php?image=bdayhooks0rk.jpg

Aren't they gorgeous? I love how they fit my hand, we're talking perfection here! I'm in love with these hooks! :blush How embarassing to be in love with crochet hooks, but I confess it here for all to see, I do love these hooks!

Jimbo, thank you so much!!!

Those are some awesome hooks Marvie....Jimbo does makes some beautiful hooks:clap

:bday Hope you have a great birthday, getting your hooks today is a great start for your special day:)

Those are absolutely gorgeous! I can't wait till mine gets here.

I got two hooks from Jimbo on Thursday, which was awesome since I ordered them as my bday gift and they arrived on my bday *g*

http://img81.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bdayhooks0rk.jpg

Aren't they gorgeous? I love how they fit my hand, we're talking perfection here! I'm in love with these hooks! :blush How embarassing to be in love with crochet hooks, but I confess it here for all to see, I do love these hooks!

Jimbo, thank you so much!!!

So now my arms are too short to scratch my head and i have to turn sideways to keep my ears from scraping on the door jambs. And, thanks to all of you i have to put off my pullitzer prize quest for freeform crochet to make more hooks.... and (thanks Lizbeth...probably end up getting a (shudder) blog or (now i have to go to the bathroom) website. :D

But to be just a little serious.. this has been an amazing venture for me and still is, and if it hadn't been for you guys, it would have died with the few hooks i had in a local shop where folks would look and say "oh.... how nice, but i can buy 6 plastic hooks for the price of that". As you all know... its so gratifying to put a good chunk of yourself into something and then to see that it's appreciated and useful.

So, thank you all. And now i have to go make some shavings..

Jimbo

I was showing my friend/neighbor my hooks and I think her interest is piqued ;)

I'm generally a very thrifty gal, so I can understand the mentality of more for less, but I also know quality work, and I'm willing to pay for it. Where else can you get a hook designed to fit your hand? In a natural material? It's worth every penny to me. As I told my friend, even if we can't get Jimbo to make hooks full time (though we are giving it our very best!) I'd wait as long as it took to get another one or four of these hooks, I love them that much. :c9

Jimbo, a blog is very simple to set up, and if you decide to do it, give me a shout bc I have a cheat sheet that you might find helpful. I'm not so good with things like this, so I just slapped a bunch of info into a doc. that I copy/paste when I want to add links or pics etc to my blog. I also think you should get Paypal, which is easier to set up than a blog ;) Seriously, even if you just do this on the side, a blog or website and Paypal would go a long way towards making it easier for ya!

Are you and Lizbeth ganging up on me??

Actually i sincerely appreciate your offers to help, and since i just took a part time job at Woodcraft as a clerk/instructor, my hook making time will be more limited.

But thats both good and bad news. The bad news is i won't have a ton of time to hand carve hooks. The good news is that i'll have access to some other tools that will let me experiment with other making styles (eg a lathe). I'm still interested in getting someone into free form to try a tapered hook, and i'd like to develop some ideas i have for handles.

So if you guys are willing to help, i guess i'm ready to be helped.

Its incredibly nice of you two to offer, you know.... and everyone's encouragement almost makes me think of full time hooks. But frankly, even though these things cost more, i barely make minimum wage.

Thanks again guys... and hopefully with you guys's help, i'll get a blog going. Paypal's also on the horizon.

yay for your pt job (boo for less hook time , yay for money no matter how little)

You're gonna blog? woohoo. lol

I will echo the offers to help if ya need it.

I'm green with envy...I don't have mine yet...Jimbo is learning to crochet with it!!

Another beautiful hook, Jimbo :clap

Pink is green? not the best color combintation eh?

ok.. so here's the excuse. I was making your hook holder and sliced the dickens outa my left pinky... now you have a reddish colored steel hook handle, and my hook making days are slowed even further.

But maybe i can make use of the time doing a few more awsome crochet projects... lets see, i think next i'll do a pirates eyepatch and then move onward and downward from there.

yay for your pt job (boo for less hook time , yay for money no matter how little)

You're gonna blog? woohoo. lol

I will echo the offers to help if ya need it.

ok... Marvie, Elizabeth, Kari.... where's a good place to start? I spose i should be pm-ing you guys from here on out, except maybe for this part. Other folks might like to see where you smart folks would recommend total dummies like me should go to get started with a blog.

Sure appreciate your offers for help!!

Ooh - Marvie! Those are BEE-YOO-TEE-FUL! Wow! Absolutely makes me drool, and increases my impatience to get mine! How're they coming along Jimbo? I can hardly wait, these will be my special Christmas gift to myself, I couldn't think of a better gift - my first wood hooks! And if they look anything like yours, Marvie, I'll be in heaven! :c9

And :birthday:cake too - talk about perfect timing for those hooks to land in your hands, eh! May you have many years of happy hooking with your new toys!

Jimbo, I'd add my own offers of help re the blog thing, but I'm still pretty stupid with 'em myself. I'd probably hinder rather than help. But I agree - you need to get one! Congrats on the pt job, even if it does mean (sob!) less time for hook-making. Eating is always good, and unfortunately it don't come free. As long as you can still find time to come post here - I need the good belly-laughs you provide! :lol

Pink is green? not the best color combintation eh?

ok.. so here's the excuse. I was making your hook holder and sliced the dickens outa my left pinky... now you have a reddish colored steel hook handle, and my hook making days are slowed even further.

But maybe i can make use of the time doing a few more awsome crochet projects... lets see, i think next i'll do a pirates eyepatch and then move onward and downward from there.

:clap Congrats on the pt job :clap

:( less hook making time :(

:think maybe you should start making bandages if you're gonna slice your pinkies...:D

If you need any help with marketing or anything else once you get your blog and paypal I'll help in any way I can.

For those that don't know, Jimbo was able to purchase his family homestead and is in the process of clearing and building a new home on the property. Really busy and great guy

Archived