Hello from England

Rosesandtea

Hi from me, I'm Karen and I live in England although I'm from Oklahoma (my dh is English). We have 5 children and I homeschool.

I've been crocheting since about 1985. I was taught by a "lay nun" in Italy; she was from Yugoslavia originally. She taught me to do granny squares and I got some magazines and went on from there.

I learned to knit when I was about 6 when in Scotland, but forgot and then re-learned a number of times and finally "got it" when I was in my twenties. I think I prefer to crochet. I spin a little bit, and have done various other fiber crafts but I think crochet and spinning are my top 2 - knitting coming in third. I think I feel a felting urge coming on.

Right now I have several projects on the go. I have a blog- you can visit it at rosesandtea.blogdrive.com where I post reports of what I'm doing and some family stuff/my thoughts as well.

It's cold here in Oxfordshire, but not as cold as many parts of the States I think. Keep warm all.

:brrr

~Karen

Hi Karen!:welcome to Crochetville! I went over to visit your site and it is very nice and I love the paper snowflakes. My kids and I used to make those too.

Thanks for the reply, Rachel and Pam!

It's actually a lot of fun to make snowflakes, no matter what your age. There is a site on the internet, where you can make snowflakes on the web :snowflakes.lookandfeel.co...taf=sender

Once you make one though, and see it in the gallery, it will disappear quickly off the page, as it is very popular! Addictive too!

Rachel, I like pinks and yellows for roses best. I think all kinds are lovely, but the pinks and yellows and some peaches too are my favorite.

As for tea, my favorite is Earl Grey, but if I can have peace and quiet, and a pretty cup, then Rose tea is wonderful. :tea

Have a great day!:fire

~Karen :cane

hi karen, welcome to crochetville, so glad to have you here with us. hope to hear from you alot. love that site with the snow flakes. i think i will make some with my kids this weekend. again welcome and glad to know you vicki:xsheep

:ty

Hi Vicki, Tiff, Renee and Lv2crochet! Thanks for your welcomes!

That snowflake thing *is* fun, isn't it? I need to have a go myself!

keep warm everyone!:brrr

~Karen

Archived