worried about shipping items!!!

Im really worried about the packages i have sent out, in the past 3-4months:think :angry

i sent out a package to my partner for the purse swop, i sent packages to my autumn pal partner, also to a someone on xmas list.I have Donna send me my yarn i ordered months ago and not one person has received them, and i still dont have my yarn off Donna:blush

All these were shipped from here in UK to the US, i cant understand why no one is receiving my packages, can someone help:think

The only thing i can think of at the moment is "packaging" as most of you in the US use boxes, i used polythene bags does this make a difference?

im so worried and this is going to stop me from participating if no one is receiving my gifts!!

You should call your post office. I can't imagine they're losing all your packages. And they wouldn't even accept the packages if they weren't being shipped in the proper materials.

Its not just an over seas thing right now, I am waiting on a leap pad and 9 books I won on ebay for matt, they wer shipped priority over a week ago from georgia (to tennessee) and it still isent here! I am sweating bulets because this is matts big present, and I dont have the money to replace it before x-mas if it dosent get here:eek

Right now everything is taking a lot longer to ship. I did a trade with someone and she sent my package priority on the 12th. I didn't get it til yesterday which is way past the 3-4 day shipping time. It took twice as long as normal. Plus with you being outside of the US, it will take even longer.

Advice: From now on KEEP all your delivery confirmation reciepts until you KNOW your recipents have gotten their packages!

I'm sure they'll get there after the holiday rush is over!

I wouldn't worry about it. I have noticed the mail is super slow this time of year and had the same thing with a Priority package. I received notification last week something was sent and just got it yesterday.

The mail from overseas can be slow. Give it a little time and don't worry.

Don't know how things work overseas, but here in the states if something doesn't make it to its destination, a tracer can be put on it to see if it can be found. It has to originate with the sender, however, so you would have to start the process with your own postal office.

Good luck -- I hope your packages arrive safely and that they have just been delayed because of the (extra long) holiday processing times.

Im really worried about the packages i have sent out, in the past 3-4months:think:angry

i sent out a package to my partner for the purse swop, i sent packages to my autumn pal partner, also to a someone on xmas list.I have Donna send me my yarn i ordered months ago and not one person has received them, and i still dont have my yarn off Donna:blush

If your saying that you are mailing things to the states and not one person is receiving them then there is some sort of problem. If they're just late I wouldn't worry about it but if they are not being delivered at all you have to try to find out why. The only people who might know why will be your post office.

Did you send the packages normal mail or did you send them priority air mail? Shipping internationally can often take up to several months if you send it surface mail! I had someone mail me a package at the beginning of July from the US, and I did not receive it until September! Several of my packages have gotten lost when I've shipped from Belgium, but the majority have arrived. I've found that generally, the shipping time is 1.5 to 3 weeks when I ship it priority from Belgium.

In regards to the packing materials, I have shipped items in both boxes and the larger puffy envelope bags and both have arrived to the US.

Listen to the expert here: Don't panic!!! I ship things from Canada to the states...and it is right next door...and sometimes it takes FOREVER to get through customs. My secret pal had to wait 90 days for her reveal parcel. It is frustrating, but I haven't lost anything yet. Keep your pecker up! (Ok, all you non-british people who think that should be censored...it is not rude in the UK, LOLOLOL...it doesn't mean what you think)

Listen to the expert here: Don't panic!!! I ship things from Canada to the states...and it is right next door...and sometimes it takes FOREVER to get through customs. My secret pal had to wait 90 days for her reveal parcel. It is frustrating, but I haven't lost anything yet. Keep your pecker up! (Ok, all you non-british people who think that should be censored...it is not rude in the UK, LOLOLOL...it doesn't mean what you think)

:lol :lol crochetdiva we say it ALL the time here :lol :lol

Ok so none of you ladies seem to think i shouldnt be worried:blush i will take your word for it LOL.The packages i send always go by Airmail and im sure it doesnt take 3 months to deleivery.

I will have to give a bit longer i suppose but its so frustrating knowing i sent them.

i was sat here yesterday thinking "where are my packages and what are the postal services doing with them"

in future i will DEFENETLY keep my receipts.:(

I would also make sure to include the address INSIDE the package (a good idea for all shipping) If the package comes apart there is a chance they will find the address and repackage the remains.

Keep all shipping papers until you know it was safely received. Allow several months for overseas surface mail. I know that in the US the Postal Service doesn't track Priority Mail until 30 days after shipping! There are other levels of shipping that while slightly more expensive, offer better track of the packages.

I would also make sure to include the address INSIDE the package (a good idea for all shipping) If the package comes apart there is a chance they will find the address and repackage the remains.

Keep all shipping papers until you know it was safely received. Allow several months for overseas surface mail. I know that in the US the Postal Service doesn't track Priority Mail until 30 days after shipping! There are other levels of shipping that while slightly more expensive, offer better track of the packages.

Good advice Kathy, i will do that in future, i think....not sure i put my address on as "sender" i usually do but might not have on these.

What can the post office do though? i havnt even got the receipts any longer i just assumed they would arrive there.

I shipped a package from me in the UK to my husband in the US which never arrived, even though I took good acre to make sure it was securely wrapped and clearly labelled. After a reasonable time, I think a couple of months, I went to the Post Office, got a claim form, filled it in and within four weeks I had been totally reimbursed for everything I'd mailed, including the cost of packaging and postage even though I hadn't seperately insured the package nor did I have receipts for the items. It would have been better, obviously, if the package had arrived but the PO were very efficient at settling my claim and then I had the fun of replacing everything that had been lost.

I was told that the 'Undelivered" center for the PO in Dublin (I think, somewhere in Ireland anyway!) is stacked with goods that have been separated from their wrappers and intended recipients. Wouldn't that be a fun place to rummage through?

I'm sorry this has happened to you, hopefully the PO will sort it out for you.

When I lived in Germany sometimes things I sent surface mail would take THREE MONTHS to get to people in the US. Also, ometimes the United States Postal Service would misread the airmail labels and send the package in the US via ground.

It's gone wrong from here to other countries as well. Packages sent AIR MAIL going surface. Once when I was in Austria, a package went to Australia first and then to Europe. I heard this from others, so I started having my letters and packages sent Austria, EUROPE.

I always send packages now with tracing options or return receipt, so I have proof of delivery.

Its not just an over seas thing right now, I am waiting on a leap pad and 9 books I won on ebay for matt, they wer shipped priority over a week ago from georgia (to tennessee) and it still isent here! I am sweating bulets because this is matts big present, and I dont have the money to replace it before x-mas if it dosent get here:eek

iT GOT HERE!! thank goodness! It came today and I am sooooo thrilled. Cant wait till x-mas for matt to open it!

I know this is going to seem silly, but did you contact the people you sent to and see if they may have received them and didn't let you know?

Yea i did ive done nothing but ask and the answer is no:blush

Pink....I will go and ask the PO and see what they say, but they are pretty useless in there at the best of times ;) but i will see what they can do!

Wow, I had no idea things could take that long to ship. I've always had great shipping times. I reread my posts and sound terrible, lol. At least I now know that when I ship overseas it may take a while and I won't get worried.

Yes, it all depends on how you sent it- if it was by air then it should arrive ina bout a week ( a letter is just a matter of 3/4 days from the uk to usa) BUT if you mailed it by sea then it will take 3 months at least ( and take in to consideration all the extra xmas mail ,............a ittle longer !

I doubt ithey have been lost - just on a slow ship!!

fingers crossed for you

fiona

Archived