Related to Crochet Addicted74....:)

stitch in time

Hi, I am Diane and new to Crochetville. Special Hi to Crochet Addicted74...she kind of got me fired up about crocheting again. She tells me this is a great place for help and advice, so I am looking forward to being part of this group:)

I think I am getting fired up about crochet, knitting and sewing at the same time and this can be pretty confusing....but taking it easy and staying with simple, patterns and stitches seems to work for now....:)

Anyway, HI from NH......Diane :)

:lol Well thank you for the welcome!! I have one major question. I have been

trying to teach myself the chevron (I call it the zigzag crochet stitch). I seem to be OK when I first start, and it actually resembles a chevron but then I keep losing it, Have no clue why, and I have tried for hours and hours. My sister produces these afghans (all chevron) and with such ease and I can't get past the first chevron. How do I go about getting help for that???? I guess I am posting this in the wrong section huh??? :)

Hi and welcome :hi:welcome from Louisana. You've come to the right place if your looking for fire. :fire Just check out the show-and-tell sometime and watch you "want to do list" grow a mile long. :D

trying to teach myself the chevron (I call it the zigzag crochet stitch). I seem to be OK when I first start, and it actually resembles a chevron but then I keep losing it, Have no clue why, and I have tried for hours and hours. My sister produces these afghans (all chevron) and with such ease and I can't get past the first chevron. How do I go about getting help for that???? I guess I am posting this in the wrong section huh??? :)

There is a forum just for crocheting help and stitches here. I'm sure there is someone here who can help you out. I haven't done one of those afghans for years so I don't think I would be much help without the intructions written out for me.

Hi Again and thank you "Lavelle 26" for the link. I did go out there and within minutes I found a pattern for exactly what I was trying to do. I tried it out last night and I believe I am on the right track with it. Not perfect yet, but with some time and patience I think I will finally learn to do it. The pattern was called "Easy Ripple Afghan" submitted by Susan B. I think I am going to love this forum:) :interest

Archived