Treasure Box Toys

ReniC

The cradle purses are adorable.  Great job on the snake.  I actually turned down a request for a snake.  That's just how much I can't be near the creatures.  Even making one creeps me out but you did a great job.  I'm sure it will be loved and likely feared when used on people like me.:rofl

Thanks for the nice compliments. The cradle purses are the same pattern, just different yarns so the blue one is a tad larger. I'm sure the G-GS will chase his 3 big sisters with the snake. They dote on him so they'll just go along with it I'm sure.

8 hours ago, ReniC said:

Thanks for the nice compliments. The cradle purses are the same pattern, just different yarns so the blue one is a tad larger. I'm sure the G-GS will chase his 3 big sisters with the snake. They dote on him so they'll just go along with it I'm sure.

Reni like I mention above those little cradle purses are CUTE! :)

Do you have a link to that pattern?

Krys

14 hours ago, USpolishgirl said:

Reni like I mention above those little cradle purses are CUTE! :)

Do you have a link to that pattern?

Krys

I used the pattern for the Cupcake Cradle Purse. I used a I/9 hook and 2 colors instead of 3.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, 1DandelionCrochet said:

Very cute. You will make several girls very happy. 

Thank you! Welcome to the 'Ville.

On 9/6/2020 at 4:48 AM, USpolishgirl said:

Reni like I mention above those little cradle purses are CUTE! :) Do you have a link to that pattern?

Krys

Here's another pattern I came across last night while looking for something else. Cradle Purse

18 minutes ago, ReniC said:

Here's another pattern I came across last night while looking for something else. Cradle Purse

Reni, Thank You very much :)

I just wonder how this one is looking as a "cradle"?  (opened up with top folded down). It says in this pattern that this one is 4,5" across. I know that can be made bigger or smaller with some changes...

How big yours purses are (those that you made & posted pictures here)?, how many inches across that base?. Did you used worsted weight yarn for that purse/cradle ?. I know clothes for those tiny dolls probably would need to be made out of much thinner yarn. 

Thanks again :)

Krys

2 hours ago, USpolishgirl said:

Reni, Thank You very much :)

I just wonder how this one is looking as a "cradle"?  (opened up with top folded down). It says in this pattern that this one is 4,5" across. I know that can be made bigger or smaller with some changes...

How big yours purses are (those that you made & posted pictures here)?, how many inches across that base?. Did you used worsted weight yarn for that purse/cradle ?. I know clothes for those tiny dolls probably would need to be made out of much thinner yarn. 

Thanks again :)

Krys

Krys- I don't know anything about the pattern from Mary Maxim sizes or anything.

On the blue and pink ones I made, they are 6 inches across the bottom and about 6.5 inches tall. I used Red Heart Super Saver for the pink and blue and Red Heart "Love" for the white tops on both.

Hope that helps. Enjoy the day.

Reni

4 hours ago, ReniC said:

Krys- I don't know anything about the pattern from Mary Maxim sizes or anything.

On the blue and pink ones I made, they are 6 inches across the bottom and about 6.5 inches tall. I used Red Heart Super Saver for the pink and blue and Red Heart "Love" for the white tops on both.

Hope that helps. Enjoy the day.

Reni

Reni I was NOT asking anything about Mary Maxim or did I??.

Sorry I forgot one more question. Those that you made are those bottoms of those purses/cradles are round shape? or oval?.

Thank You,

Krys

19 hours ago, USpolishgirl said:

Reni I was NOT asking anything about Mary Maxim or did I??.

Sorry I forgot one more question. Those that you made are those bottoms of those purses/cradles are round shape? or oval?.

Thank You,

Krys

Krys- No problem about the Mary Maxim pattern. I was just making a statement since I haven't used that pattern. In answer to your last question, the bottoms are round on the purses. 

On 9/11/2020 at 2:08 PM, ReniC said:

Krys- No problem about the Mary Maxim pattern. I was just making a statement since I haven't used that pattern. In answer to your last question, the bottoms are round on the purses. 

That You Reni, I just asked because it would make sense for a Cradle to have oval shape bottom. BUT, since that was called a ""Cupcake" I was thinking that bottom is probably round. Because I never seen an oval shaped Cupcake LOL

I do have that Mary Maxim "purse-cradle" pattern. I made one of them few months ago. There are few "mistakes" in that pattern from Mary Maxim. The bottom part is NOT flat in that pattern.

Thanks again :),

Krys

4 hours ago, USpolishgirl said:

That You Reni, I just asked because it would make sense for a Cradle to have oval shape bottom. BUT, since that was called a ""Cupcake" I was thinking that bottom is probably round. Because I never seen an oval shaped Cupcake LOL

I do have that Mary Maxim "purse-cradle" pattern. I made one of them few months ago. There are few "mistakes" in that pattern from Mary Maxim. The bottom part is NOT flat in that pattern.

Thanks again :),

Krys

Good to know. Thank you.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi Krys. I look forward to seeing your purse. Still not feeling the greatest yet but, I thank you for the good wishes.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...