Current Crochet Projects or WIPs

Very disappointed in the Herrschners 2ply yarn!  Very loose weave, plys hang loose and apart. I’ve used Northern Sport and KP brava sport in the past, much nicer and woven tighter. I’m going through stash looking to make the bird ornaments with the Brava sport. I can’t imagine people using Herrschners 2ply to make afghans with that stuff. ☹️

• Like 1

I have used that yarn a few times for small stuffies.  I am not happy with it, but I can work with it.  One of the kits I just got has that yarn.  I don't like the size of the ornament, so I am going to make it with thread.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tampa Doll said:

I have used that yarn a few times for small stuffies.  I am not happy with it, but I can work with it.  One of the kits I just got has that yarn.  I don't like the size of the ornament, so I am going to make it with thread.

When stuffing it stretches and expands. To get a denser fabric I think I’d have to use a c hook. In the photo the green is brava sport with E hook and tight stitches.  Herrschners is too soft flimsy for a bird, wings.

good the thread is working for your sizing

177184B2-1514-4975-ACD0-C4F9D57A9F69.jpeg

Oh wow I love that kit.  It is so cute.  I use to use colored knee highs (stockings) to put the white stuffing into.  It helped with the spreading of the yarn.  You do not see the white.

I have a whole plastic crate of that yarn.  I use it once in a while when I need something that does not have to be stiff.

Can't wait to see the birds done.

I’ve played with making birds today and managed to straighten up/sort through a lot of sport yarn I had forgotten about but tomorrow getting back on the gs sweaters. 🙂. The birdies are on the bottom of to do list unless I need another break from sleeves. I need to finish some other projects. That doily that I started for mom to go with the star one is my next goal. 
How are your gnome towels coming along?

On 10/12/2020 at 11:48 AM, NCcountrygal said:

1. More poinsettia potholders

2. Pullovers with zipper front for grandsons 

3. Finish table topper decoration 

4  2 camouflage  snakes or other colors

5. crochet world doily

A reminder to myself to keep me on track😆
Have a great week!

eta updated list

Number 2 houndstooth no zipper, then 5 then .....

Edited by NCcountrygal
Clarify

:skeleton:jackHAPPY HALLOWEEN:jack:skeleton

Today is the day for witches and gobblins.  I know a lot have cancelled this, but so far ours is on.

I just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Halloween and wether they come or not, be careful of the little hobgoblins.:skeleton

• 2 weeks later...

1,2,3 are completed and several Christmas ornaments. Some for myself and some to be gifted. Working on a snowman by Amy Gaines. Amigurumi. Finished some nativity crochet snow globes, still need to make a few more. Also a Red truck with tree ornament.   Gs will decorate his flat snowman with buttons glued on...just a fun project for him tomorrow 

EC0DC986-ABE9-417E-A889-85AE48F3E0B9.jpeg

A9B7972E-4812-4D27-BB0D-ECBFB7F9F3D2.jpeg

• Like 1

Love the snow globe.  I saw that pattern and wanted to make it.

The idea of letting the GS decorate his snowman is so cool.  Great gift for little one to put on the tree when done.

The tree is another good idea for little ones to decorate.

3 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

Love the snow globe.  I saw that pattern and wanted to make it.

The idea of letting the GS decorate his snowman is so cool.  Great gift for little one to put on the tree when done.

The tree is another good idea for little ones to decorate.

Thank you. I know he’ll enjoy it   The buttons were on half off sale at Hobby Lobby. 

• 1 month later...
21 hours ago, NCcountrygal said:

Finished one bird from the pattern and another bird from a web pattern than just went eclectic with the rest of the decorations 

I love the birds! I've been threatening to crochet some parakeets/budgies but can't seem to get around to it. Maybe this coming year. My mom always had some and bred them. They were so beautiful and she trained all of them. I used to tell her she had her own little birdie circus. 

• Like 1

The bird is just adorable.  I wish I had to room, Now that I think on it, it could be in a case it looks that real.

I am working on an afghan for my Nieces's daughter.  It is taking longer than my last one.  Can't figure out why.  There is less writing than the last one.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

I am working on an afghan for my Nieces's daughter.  It is taking longer than my last one.  Can't figure out why.  There is less writing than the last one.

Well I’ve seen your speed and fantastic afghans can’t wait to see this one.  Does this one have more images slowing you down?

I finished my second seafarers cap/hat. The first one I used an h hook and maybe missed some ribbing rows. Fits the 4 yo perfect. The one I just finished fits dh. And I used the I hook and checked gauge and the counter to keep up with rows. Lol. This pattern has been in my stash awhile.  Started on an orange one now and then looked up the org to see if they are still active.  They are. I’ll have to make some and donate a few for them this coming year. 

60795B77-447F-4C1D-A07A-EA0A73AD9D25.jpeg

I love all the birds, hats and that pencil scarf. Especially that orange hat. It's perfect if one wants to be spotted right away. 😄

On a whim, I started a Mosaic Granny Blanket late last night. I got through Rnd 6 with RHSS Hombre Blues. I tried this pattern once before but couldn't get past a few rounds. This time was much easier with the video to reference. Confusion conquered! LOL

Mosaic.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1