****CLOSED****A place to encourage each other in 2020 as we make gifts or charity items.

judianne

20 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

I am not sure Diana, but I will check it out.  I will be trying a 11 1/2 inch doll pattern with yarn, see how that works.  All the patterns for this doll are either American Indian outfits or Gone with the Wind type.  Then for some reason they cut the size of the doll.  It is still 15 inches, but skinnier.  Go figure.

I’m disgusted I had replied a few minutes ago and was adding a photo and poof I was in another thread. 😡 I like ease in my clothing so I usually allow ease in doll clothes and the outfits I donated to children are easier for them to use. I vaguely remember using some Annie Potter 18 inch outfits but changing to size 5thread. Can’t remember if this outfit was written for fingering/sock yarn or I downsized the yarn 🧶 

414570C5-64B4-4AD5-91B3-25A22714D8B3.jpeg

• Like 2

22 hours ago, NCcountrygal said:

I’m disgusted I had replied a few minutes ago and was adding a photo and poof I was in another thread. 😡 I like ease in my clothing so I usually allow ease in doll clothes and the outfits I donated to children are easier for them to use. I vaguely remember using some Annie Potter 18 inch outfits but changing to size 5thread. Can’t remember if this outfit was written for fingering/sock yarn or I downsized the yarn 🧶 

414570C5-64B4-4AD5-91B3-25A22714D8B3.jpeg

What a beautiful doll.  I love the colors.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, NCcountrygal said:

Hope to give this to sil later today.

ETA she loved it

6D2F7F8B-164A-4F63-82DA-6045584B81D7.jpeg

It's beautiful.  I'm so pleased she liked it.  It's hard to know with hand made stuff who wears what.  I got a beautiful crocheted scarf from my brand new SIL for Christmas.  I had no idea she crocheted and knitted. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/5/2020 at 12:44 PM, Tampa Doll said:

Very cool Hats.

I saw a call out for pouches in Australia for baby kangaroos and such.  I have to try and find it again, cause if they can be made out of cotton, I may make a few.  With the fires, they are getting a lot of babies in the shelters.  If I can find it again, I will let you all know if interested.

I have made a couple of outfits for a 15 inch Native American Doll.  I am looking for more patterns if anyone can help me.  

Here is the thread with the pictures of the outfits.  

Here is one of the outfits.

Charity Doll Outfits 2020 (5).JPG

Beautiful!!

On 1/6/2020 at 7:44 AM, Bailey4 said:

I had fun playing with projects right up to my shipping deadline for Christmas this year.  I didn't get them all posted as then Christmas hit.

Little Red Riding Hood Baby Doll

That's adorable....❤️

On 1/7/2020 at 9:22 AM, Bailey4 said:

I went a little literary in the Children's Lit realm this holiday season for my gifting choices.

The Old Woman in the Shoe

I LOVE this!

4 hours ago, Bailey4 said:

I got a little carried away with the Little Red Riding Hood theme but once started ....

Little Red Riding Hood Set

Also....too cute!  That's  a lot of tight crocheting - how have you hands held up?

I'm continually impressed by the talent on the ville....and you ladies are so skilled. I'm sure everyone who receives your handiwork truly cherish all of it.

Edited by judianne
  • Like 1

Super beautiful blankets  judianne!

Here is my first item of the year to share. It's a thick front post hat pattern in Dazzling Yarn Bee yarn in Pool colorway for Warmth for Warriors. Next up I am working my first Lakeside beanie hat using brown heather wool. So far I am loving that Lakeside beanie pattern.

2066816273_DazzleHat2020.thumb.JPG.feb887dd4b8d4750d20e3c57c792ea1c.JPG

• Like 2

22 hours ago, NCcountrygal said:

Are these for 3 little ones or ready when needed?  

My church has a ministry where we give each baby being baptized a blanket. We're trying hard to keep up with the demand😂

4 hours ago, RecycleCindy said:

Super beautiful blankets  judianne!

Here is my first item of the year to share. It's a thick front post hat pattern in Dazzling Yarn Bee yarn in Pool colorway for Warmth for Warriors. Next up I am working my first Lakeside beanie hat using brown heather wool. So far I am loving that Lakeside beanie pattern.

2066816273_DazzleHat2020.thumb.JPG.feb887dd4b8d4750d20e3c57c792ea1c.JPG

Love the colors.

3 hours ago, judianne said:

My church has a ministry where we give each baby being baptized a blanket. We're trying hard to keep up with the demand😂

What a wonderful tradition.  Not the worst problem to have. 

• Like 1

• judianne changed the title to ****CLOSED****A place to encourage each other in 2020 as we make gifts or charity items.