Felted bag tested

crochetdiva

This is a fabulous pattern that I just completed testing for someone (so, no, I don't have the pattern to share).

I apologise for the colors, LOL.

Before felting:

skunkybag_before.jpg

And after felting:

skunkybag_after.jpg

Ha ha... seems like those colors are, ah, so yesterday (LOL - Halloween)... Love that bag and the way that the pattern still shows after fulling yet the stitches themselves have disappeared

It is a wristbag, but the bottom is round so it stands up. and the stitches are so cool, and still show when felted...and yet the felting smooths everything out. It is a great pattern. I wish the colors had photographed better.

It is a wristbag, but the bottom is round so it stands up. and the stitches are so cool, and still show when felted...and yet the felting smooths everything out. It is a great pattern. I wish the colors had photographed better.

I didn't realize this was a wristbag, I thought it was a small backpack type bag. How much yarn did it take???

I didn't realize this was a wristbag, I thought it was a small backpack type bag. How much yarn did it take???

Oh great , now I have to use my brain.....let me see, I used three skeins of Merino wool. That was because I striped it. The base was yellow and even then it didn't use the whole ball up. The other two (black and green) used up just over half. I am not much help am I? I am going to make one for my friend for christmas. Only I cant find any Patons Merino in purples or pinks....might have to dye it.

Oh great , now I have to use my brain.....let me see, I used three skeins of Merino wool. That was because I striped it. The base was yellow and even then it didn't use the whole ball up. The other two (black and green) used up just over half. I am not much help am I? I am going to make one for my friend for christmas. Only I cant find any Patons Merino in purples or pinks....might have to dye it.

Ok, I weighed what I had left over. From the original 3 1/2 oz of each color I have left over:

Yellow 1/2 oz

Black 1 oz

Green 1 oz

So that means I used 8 oz in total.

Archived