busy little bee..

threeolivemartini

well girls.. and guys.. since i havent been able to get into my blog but for about three seconds in the past three days.. i have been busy dyeing..

so here is what i did first... hanks and hanks of dyed yummy yarn

th_pilesofdyeingfun2.jpg

th_pilesofdyeingfun.jpg

then i had a brain storm and did this ..

i dyed the yarn still wound in the ball .. to see what it would do ..

th_yumyarn2.jpg

and this ... believe it or not....

beforeyarn.jpg

looks like this when unwound and ready to be put in a hank

afteryarn.jpg

i am really pleased with my results and the testing of what dyes did what best..

Wow! Those are gorgeous.... and I never would have thought to try dying the actual ball! Great idea though... and you will show us how it looks once you've turned it into something right? *hint hint* lol They're all just so damn pretty!

Michelle..

i used easter egg dye.. Kool Aid.. and food colouring both in regular and neon.. and mixed some stuff up.. if there is a colour way you really like let me know and I can try to tell you what i used.. i am liking the vibrancy of the easter egg dye the best..

today I am going to be doing trials with rit dye and cotton and rayon yarns..

Marvie.. not sure I will be making anything out of this yarn .. I am thinking of selling it off.. as much as I would love to keep it all .. there is one hank I may make into a bag.. we will see...

you are not a pain.. i used a small baster.. and just kind of painted it on that way .. with the balls.. i just started on one side and worked out from the midddle i put the dye in and squished it around then m oved to the next colour kind of letting it go where it wanted... but not too into each other .. did that make sense?

• 1 month later...

Archived