August 2016 Table

Tampa Doll

This is my Gone With The Wind table for August.

When I was about 17 my Mom wanted to go to Philly to one of those big movie houses with the curtain, stage and lots of red and gold.  She wanted to see Gone with the Wind on the big screen.

So me, her and my 11 year old sister went.  After we sat down, I looked around and most of the people in the movie house were women my Mom's age. 

For those of you who have see it, there is a part when you see Clark Gabel at the end of the stair case.  Now imagine seeing that scene and everyone in the movie theatre sighing at the same time.  I still laugh about it.

On the table you will see Ashley - Melanie - Rhett - Scarlett and baby Blue.  In the middle is our friend Belle.

To the side are my two favorite characters.  Mammy in her red petticoat and Prissy.

My tree will be added later.

post-105-0-55298700-1470076704_thumb.jpgpost-105-0-69469000-1470076714_thumb.jpg

Check out the whole table

Thank you.  I forgot to mention the elephant and donkey.  Since this is an election year, they are on every table.

Beautiful as always.

I thought maybe I missed the part of the movie with the elephant and donkey :lol

Wow, great work, And the dolls are perfect. My mom and I were talking the other day about how people could possibly be dressed like that in the south back when they had no air conditioning!

Just beautiful!:)

I never like to watch the same movie twice and I don't.  BUT when it comes to Gone with the Wind I have that "need" to watch that movie again every couple years or so..:).

I have that movie - disc so I can watch that when I want to.

Krys 

For some reason my Mammy doll was losing her hair.  It was brittle and it was falling out.  So I decided to go on a search for a wig.

Well, I found one, ordered it on Monday and got it yesterday from e-bay.  This morning I took off the old hair and put on the new wig and it is perfect.  Her is a before and after picture.  Of course she was not dressed in the after picture.

post-105-0-31815600-1470332931_thumb.jpgpost-105-0-57080800-1470332998_thumb.jpg

Mammy must be having hormone issues :lol   We went to the Jefferson motel in Richmond which was rumored to be the Gone with the  wind staircase, it wasn't ..but I felt like Scarlett when I walked down it!

Love your table... BEST MOVIE EVER

Archived