Elmo doll!

Raquel

Hi all. I made an Elmo doll for my little one; it's not exactly like Elmo, but she sure recognized him just fine... if I ever make another one I would try to get the head shaped more like a rounded football (somehow) and maybe use a furry yarn. Anyway, here's the pic:

b75904a2.jpg

The playing card is just to show what size he is. As for the pattern, there wasn't one out there, so I took the Chenille Teddy Bear pattern from lionbrand.com and just made the arms and legs longer, didn't make the snout or ears, and then invented the nose and eyes. The red yarn is TLC Amore and came out very soft and a little fuzzy. I made the "feet" shape by using the "toe-up crocheted socks" theory for the heel.

So now my daughter has a homemade Elmo; yeah!

:book Raquel

Oh my god! I should so make one of those for my neice! Her 1st birthday is the 30th and she's ADDICTED to her Chicken Dance "emo". :D

• 7 years later...

Hi all. I made an Elmo doll for my little one; it's not exactly like Elmo, but she sure recognized him just fine... if I ever make another one I would try to get the head shaped more like a rounded football (somehow) and maybe use a furry yarn. Anyway, here's the pic:

b75904a2.jpg

The playing card is just to show what size he is. As for the pattern, there wasn't one out there, so I took the Chenille Teddy Bear pattern from lionbrand.com and just made the arms and legs longer, didn't make the snout or ears, and then invented the nose and eyes. The red yarn is TLC Amore and came out very soft and a little fuzzy. I made the "feet" shape by using the "toe-up crocheted socks" theory for the heel.

So now my daughter has a homemade Elmo; yeah!

:book Raquel

so cute

Archived