Four new doilies in ecru

Veronika Rohrhofer

Veronika they are absolutely lovely. I am curious though; do you starch with spray can starch or bottled starch?

Veronika they are absolutely lovely. I am curious though; do you starch with spray can starch or bottled starch?

Dear ReniC, I always use Hoffmanns Flüssig Stärke and add a little water. Sometimes I dip the doilies in the starch and then pin them on the board and other times I pin them on the board and use the starch (with a little water) which I put in a spray bottle.

All my doilies are flat and very stiff!

Greetings from Vienna. Veronika

Beautiful. They remind me of my grandma's. She taught me to crochet and used to make similar ones. They are amazing. Thanks for sharing and bringing a smile. :) 

Thank you for your response Veronika. To my knowledge we do not have that brand here in the USA but there are other brands of liquid starch available. I like the stiffer feel too.

Dear ReniC, I always use Hoffmanns Flüssig Stärke and add a little water. Sometimes I dip the doilies in the starch and then pin them on the board and other times I pin them on the board and use the starch (with a little water) which I put in a spray bottle.

All my doilies are flat and very stiff!

Greetings from Vienna. Veronika

• 2 weeks later...

Archived