Most Recent Doily

jewels77b

I decided to do it because I love Patricia Kirstoffersens patterns and I had a book of patterns for her I haven't tried yet, plus it was named Valerie.  My cousin is named that, so thought I’d surprise her with a gift in the mail.  I picked some less than common colors because my cousin Val is an artist, very earthy and free spirited.  I didn't think the run of the mill white or off white would suit her personality.  I wasn't especially happy with the long chained parts. I actually starched it twice because the first time I didn't get them straight enough.  not too sure I will do this one again, although I do like it.

Sorry it hung up at work and didn't let the picture upload.. Here it is

post-72190-0-79179800-1403834807_thumb.jpg

The long chains are not the nicest parts of doilies while making a doily, but HOW PRETTY they look!!! It was worth to work on them and on starching - your doily turned out so beautiful!!!

Don't be so hard on yourself- It's beautiful! You're cousin will love it.

Which book of Kristoffersen's was the pattern in? I just may want to try my hand on that one. :U  

Thank you for your reference.

I can't find my copy anywhere but I don't think I'll be replacing this book anytime soon at these prices :eek :

3rd Party Listing on Amazon.com

Thanks everyone. 

ReniC, that pattern comes from the Exquisite Doilies book.

you are correct, the long pieces in the center are braided!  you crochet each three chained strip and then on the next row braid them and attach that next row to the end.

I have the 99 Little Doilies too.  I like to do them in between projects.  My mission is to say I did all 99 one day!

That Valerie doily is really different. Is the center line going out, is it braided ?
I am not sure. But it sure looks braided.
I am also doing PK doilies all 99  Little doiles  thru another group.

Archived