Cloud-Soft Shells Blanket and Chameleon Beanie

I love the way gray and pink look together.  The blanket is from the Leisure Arts pattern book Our Best Baby Afghans.  It's turned out to be a great source for baby blankets.  I've made a few already.  The beanie I found has shells in it too.  I thought it would match the blanket well.  I used Caron One Pound in pink and gray and Vanna's Choice ww in white.  The blanket out turned out much bigger than the one in the book because the Caron is on the thicker side of worsted weight yarn.  I guess it's considered aran weight.  Anyway, it measures 42" x 52.5".  The beanie is for 6-12 months of age, and it's the Chameleon Hat by Maria Bittner.  If you want something that works up quickly and looks great, I recommend both of these patterns.

post-44469-0-63266100-1400729668_thumb.jpg

post-44469-0-84022800-1400729678_thumb.jpg

Love it! You crochet beautifully. I very much like the broder in the contrast stitch and color. It brings the shell pattern out very well. Nice job.

Love this whole set! Thanks for listing the yarns you used too. I'm always looking for that, but most people don't seem to post what they used. I follow them to Ravelry to find out if I can :>) Anyway, the baby will be adorable with both the hat & the blanket.

Archived