Mar 2014 CAL: Clarice Top by Kim Guzman CAL (official)

Amy

Yes, I think I have finally solved my problem. I am from "old school" an we were always just told to , chain two and third chain from hook start HDC. So sorry to not understand. I did learn something from the video!!! I never knew you could start without a chain!

Thank you! Your so helpful!

It's a VERY old school technique that has been developed further in the past five years. So, it's pretty new to a lot of people. :)

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks great to me! Have you tried it on to check the fit?

Thanks.

It's not for me. I know it won't fit me, but it's for my granddaughter and I think it will fit her. She's tiny! Plus this yatn is real stretchy, almost like elastic. The yoke measured to gauge, that's why I decided to use it. Every type of thread I got was too small.

Have been waiting for someone to post pictures!!! So what size yarn are you using?

It is classifed as size 2, fine. I got it to do the Amy cardi but it was too fine for that, didn't work up tp gauge, so thought I'd try it on this pattern, and it's working.

I just haven't been able to start this yet, although I do have to soon as it's a birthday gift.  My question is, how long Will the discussions be open?  I'm not sure when the CAL end s.  But is it still available after that?

I just haven't been able to start this yet, although I do have to soon as it's a birthday gift.  My question is, how long Will the discussions be open?  I'm not sure when the CAL end s.  But is it still available after that?

All forum posts remain on Crochetville. It's not like the classes, which are removed after the class.

I am coming along fine with the project.  I am new to crocheting with thread, so I wonder if anyone can tell me whether or not it is advisable to use acrylic thread?  I am using the thread recommended for this project, but I saw a color I just love for sale in the acrylic.  Would not like to get a negative surprise though, so thought I'd ask the group.  Thanks for any answer!

I am coming along fine with the project.  I am new to crocheting with thread, so I wonder if anyone can tell me whether or not it is advisable to use acrylic thread?  I am using the thread recommended for this project, but I saw a color I just love for sale in the acrylic.  Would not like to get a negative surprise though, so thought I'd ask the group.  Thanks for any answer!

The thread that I am using is classified as 96% acrylic, and 4% metallic polyester and it is working just fine. So I think you would be able to use what you saw.

Archived