Mar 2014 CAL: Clarice Top by Kim Guzman CAL (official)

Amy

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone been able to start their top yet? I have mine completed down to the first couple rows of working in the round. I'll try to post a picture tomorrow. All I can say is, I am loving it!

Has anyone been able to start their top yet? I have mine completed down to the first couple rows of working in the round. I'll try to post a picture tomorrow. All I can say is, I am loving it!

Wait until you see the pure genius of trim, button loop and joining done in one.  :)

Squeeee....just got my package of yarn from the mail box! Will fish out a hook tonight and read through the pattern so will be ready to start in the morning after I read the paper.

Ok I have finished the first section (back).  I am about to join for the first front.  It says with WS facing... how do I know which side is the WS, they look the same... or am I just picking what size I like better?

I'm "assuming" that since the first row worked is the RS that the WS is going to be the opposite of the first row, meaning the sl st and tail to begin will be on the left hand side when I'm starting the first front.  Anyone???

Ok I have finished the first section (back).  I am about to join for the first front.  It says with WS facing... how do I know which side is the WS, they look the same... or am I just picking what size I like better?

I'm "assuming" that since the first row worked is the RS that the WS is going to be the opposite of the first row, meaning the sl st and tail to begin will be on the left hand side when I'm starting the first front.  Anyone???

The RS is Row 1, the first row of hdc.

Ok I have finished the first section (back). I am about to join for the first front. It says with WS facing... how do I know which side is the WS, they look the same... or am I just picking what size I like better?

I'm "assuming" that since the first row worked is the RS that the WS is going to be the opposite of the first row, meaning the sl st and tail to begin will be on the left hand side when I'm starting the first front. Anyone???

My bust measurement put me between a medium and a large, so I started a large. I finished the back and front and it looked big so I tried it on and I think it is too big.  I am setting the large to the side and remaking it following the medium directions and then I'll decide which one to finish.

I want to start this tonight, but I also want to do a baby sweater for a new baby my friends daughter had.  But I must put on 4 buttons to finish 3 other projects first.  I can procrastinate really well.  OK, 4 buttons and starting somethinig tonight!!

Leave it to the new girl to get stuck on the second row... I am following directions for size medium. I chained 57, hdc'd in the third chain from the hook, and ended with 55 hdc. When i turn, ch 2, skip the first hdc and go across the row, this leaves me with 54 hdc as normal, 55 hdc including the ch2, not 56 as the instructions state. what am i doing wrong? should i not really be skipping the first hdc? or should i be working one into the turning chain from the previous row to pick up the extra stitch?

Leave it to the new girl to get stuck on the second row... I am following directions for size medium. I chained 57, hdc'd in the third chain from the hook, and ended with 55 hdc. When i turn, ch 2, skip the first hdc and go across the row, this leaves me with 54 hdc as normal, 55 hdc including the ch2, not 56 as the instructions state. what am i doing wrong? should i not really be skipping the first hdc? or should i be working one into the turning chain from the previous row to pick up the extra stitch?

Did you count the first ch 2 as a hdc? That would give you 56 hdcs on the first row. You count the ch 2 as a hdc on each row.

Did you count the first ch 2 as a hdc? That would give you 56 hdcs on the first row. You count the ch 2 as a hdc on each row.

When I count the ch2 I still only have 55 and it says I should have 56. that's why i was wondering if the first one should really be skipped or if i need to work one more into the turning chain of row one to end up with 56. 

Ch 57, sk 2 chains which leaves you with 55 chains to work into. Work into those 55 chains for 55 hdc. Counting the 2 stitches that you skipped (which is the first hdc), you will have 56 hdc. If you are missing the initial chain 2 when you are working row 2, place a marker there after a couple of stitches so that, on row 2, you don't miss it.

Ch 57, sk 2 chains which leaves you with 55 chains to work into. Work into those 55 chains for 55 hdc. Counting the 2 stitches that you skipped (which is the first hdc), you will have 56 hdc. If you are missing the initial chain 2 when you are working row 2, place a marker there after a couple of stitches so that, on row 2, you don't miss it.

Thank you thank you THANK YOU Kim! It was driving me bonkers.

Think I am on row 9 of the back.  I need to finish my Amy Cardi also.  Thinking of doing what one of the other gals is doing  Will start the XL try it on and start the L and try it on and see which is going to work better.  I never realized till this past year that I must crochet loose.  My items always end up larger then I want.

I'm on my 4th repeat of the skirting. I love the pattern. It is very clear & understandable. I appreciate the advice in post 28 to take the Patten literally when working on the back and front. I can see this being a top that I will make again.

But the thread on the other hand... Every ball so far has had knots in it (on my 3rd ball). Coming across all these knots is driving me crazy!

I started this last Saturday and discovered last night that it was coming out a little larger than I wanted, but the curious part was that my gauge was a little small.  

So, I cut the thread and started over.  I am now making the Large size and it seems to be coming out the right size now.

I am on the 3rd round of the skirting part presently.   This looks like a great pattern and I'm glad to be part of this CAL.   

This is my first CAL, by the way!     :)   :)

#leeannh

#clariceCAL

#crochetshirt

#blusa

#crochetgottaloveit

Archived