Crochet Me! Socks finished-Pictures added

deneen

I decided I was going to start crocheting some socks and do pattern comparisons for ease, fit, comfort level, etc.

This is the first pair I did in the comparisons. It's from Crochet Me! and is the In Your Shoes pattern.

This is an easy, straightforward pattern, perfect for first time sock crocheter. Only minor complaints: Toe seams and the ankle band was a bit too big. It said to make it 8" long, but I think 7-7 1/2" would have been better.

More about it on my blog, including yarn and hook size.

th_DSC01253.jpg

th_DSC01252.jpg

These look great! I am working on them, as well, but I think I somehow :think increased the stitches on the first sc row after the ankle ribbing. Grrrr. That's what happens when a new crocheter tries to watch tv and crochet her first pair of socks at the same time, I guess! :lol So I think I will do a little frogging tonight, especially after seeing how good yours look!!

Congrats!

Your socks are really cute

It was crocheting socks that got me back into crochet, but I have to admit they were very uncomfortable. I really felt every stitch. After I did these, I started looking for more crochet patterns and it ultimately led me here. I hope yours are more comfortable than mine.

Edit to add link to my crochet socks:

http://www.fullthreadahead.com/blog/?p=13

Those socks look so neat and cozy. Were they hard to make? Was that your first pair? Have you ever done any slippers?

Dawn H

Work At Home Mom of 4

www.Moms-In-Biz.com

These were super easy, which is why I chose this as the first pattern to test out. I made them one other time, but was kinda willy-nilly with taking notes on how many stitches around I started the first sock and the second was a little bigger than the first.

This is the easiest pattern, but you just have to make sure when you sew up the toe seam you do it smoothly or they would be uncomfortable. Also use sock yarn, or a think sportsweight with wool/nylon in it. I think regular worsted yarn would feel uncomfortable.

I haven't done any slippers yet, but I plan to try the Abi's Slippers, as I heard it's a great pattern.

The socks you did are beautiful. I found these to be comfortable, but haven't worn them with shoes yet. There is something comforting to me in making the socks, just repetitive motion, almost like rocking a baby.

I plan to use some Knit Picks sock yarn and Magic Stripes sock yarn next, so I'll keep posting how it goes.

Your socks are really cute

It was crocheting socks that got me back into crochet, but I have to admit they were very uncomfortable. I really felt every stitch. After I did these, I started looking for more crochet patterns and it ultimately led me here. I hope yours are more comfortable than mine.

Edit to add link to my crochet socks:

http://www.fullthreadahead.com/blog/?p=13

Thanks for the review! Seams don't bother me the way they seem to bother other people so I'm not worried about that. I'm bookmarking these to my to-do list :)

The socks look great. I admit it, I'm too scared to try socks. Patty

This pattern is easier than most shawl or poncho patterns, trust me on this one. If you want to try an easy sock pattern, this is the one!

they do look lovely :cheer:tup i must admit i am not sure about socks either but will look at the pattern you did as one i tried you had to do a chain after the foot part and i could not see how it would join up with rest of sock.

That does look easy!! I have NO time to make anything else right now, even a sock - lol! If I make something small I have got to figure out mittens - my kids lose them like crazy!

Archived