Hello from Bay Area, Northern CA

HoJo

Hello there:

I'm a long time knitter and crocheter. I've been active on Knitter's Review for a couple of years now and am so excited to have recently found this forum on crocheting.

A little bit about me - I started knitting when I was 7 and crocheting from 10. I alternate between the two, with about 2/3 of my time knitting and 1/3 crocheting.

I'm married with 2 delightful children who are both learning to crochet and knit - Prince Eats-A-Lotta and Princess Costs-A- Lotta and a Portuguese Water Dog named Agua.

In April, I "retired" from my position as a Vice-President of a high tech industry analyst firm, when the firm merged with our largest competitor. I'm now embarking on my dream of opening a yarn store - to be realized in just a few short weeks, when construction is completed on the physical store in downtown Los Altos. If you're interested in reading about the process, please visit my blog.

I'm looking forward to having a place to share with other crocheters and look forward to meeting you all.

HoJo

my blog:http://www.fullthreadahead.com/blog

our estore: http://www.fullthreadahead.com

Hi :cheer and Welcome to Crochetville from Buenos Aires, Argentina!

You´ll like it here!

Let me know if you want to start a franchising with your yarn shop and you choose Buenos Aires! I am here! ;)

Hi from a neighbor in Sunnyvale! :waving You'll have to tell me where your yarn shop is in Los Altos...Main Street? I'm right next door and would love to stop in! Good luck in you new venture!

Hi to everyone and thanks for such a warm welcome.

For those who asked: I'm opening in Los Altos, California at 169 Main Street. (If you're really local, you may recall that the location was The Los Altos Bar and Grill then St. Stephen's Green, although its been closed for over 2.5 years - the restaurant is being broken in half - my half was the bar and kitchen area. It's been completely gutted - next door to me is a paint your own pottery place).

We hope to start moving in around the 21st of October and be open by the end of the month - the construction (being managed by landlord) is over 3 months behind, so I almost hate to give a real date. I'll post as soon as I have a confirmed date for move in and subsequent opening.

I never thought I'd say this, but I actually have too much yarn in my house right now. I estimate that there is well over 850 lbs - enough for every room in the house, including the kitchen, hallway, guest room, and even Prince Eats-A-Lotta's room (Princess Costs-A-Lotta's room is too messy for yarn).

One side benefit: not much cooking going on around HoJo's house because we don't want to get food smells in the yarn and of course, I get to have as many projects as I want on the hooks and needles.

Archived