2013 Stashbusting CAL

tnkycrochetnut

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are very welcome!  How is your hubby doing?  Positive thoughts and prayers continue... :hug

Believe it or not, he just told me his vision just went all white. Also, he has an infection at one of the wound sites. So, I am pretty sure that we are going to be getting a CAT scan pretty quick here & that surgery is not to far away either.

Believe it or not, he just told me his vision just went all white. Also, he has an infection at one of the wound sites. So, I am pretty sure that we are going to be getting a CAT scan pretty quick here & that surgery is not to far away either.

Oh How Scary!!  :hug  Prayers continue...

Drum Roll, Please...

For the week ending Saturday, August 17th, 2013, our standings are as follows:

Gold Medal goes to ---> BRAXXI!!  With a score of +20

Silver Medal goes to --->  homesteadingwife!!  With a score of +7

Bronze Medal goes to --->  Big Pink Polka Dot!!  With a score of +3

(honorable mention from last week - Just-in with a score of +4, I think it was for last week)

Busting that Stash... we have

PBLKNP +2

Shining_Star +1

Holding Steady with a score of 0... we have

tnkycrochetnut

crabby rat

Stashbuilding this week... we have

pineknott -2

and our Shoot the Moon builder is...

greyhoundgrandma!!!  -10

I believe that's everyone - let me know if I missed you and I will get everything fixed... I'm out of here for a few hours to take my son to college - enjoy your Sunday afternoon/evening!!  :hug

I had a feeling I would be going to the moon this week! Unfortunately after looking at patterns, more unforgettable yarn is calling me. I'll just have to see what is left when I get back to Wal-Mart. I'm on the last row of the marcelle afghan, but no more skeins will be used up on it; making pretty good progress on an oasis wrap.

Okay I feel off the wagon a few weeks ago and I am trying to get back, lol.  The first week I missed posting I thought no problem I'll just combine with the next week.  It's like exercising, you miss one day and before you know it a month passes and you forget all about working out (I do anyway can't speak for anyone else.)  Not even sure where to begin at this point but I will try to post this weekend.  I have been finding lots of sales online so I am fairly certain it's going to be a negative.... I have been stitching time my fingers cramp trying to get ready for the fair, finishing up some commissions, and trying to get things together for a craft fair in September, so at least I can offset it a little, but I still think it's going to be negative.... :2blush

I have been busy since I last posted.  I figured up how many ounces I have used .  I have been busy finishing 3 afghans I had already started and made a baby afghan, and a tutu book bag for my granddaughter (for school).  I am working on another afghan for a Christmas gift.  Have a lot planned but tomorrow I am going to see if I can get a part time job at the local school.  I worked there for almost 13 years. I wish I could put pics up but I don't have a fancy phone or camera.  My children have to put any pics I need on facebook.

3 - 14 ounce, 2- 12 ounce, 4-7 ounce and 6- 5 ounce for a total of 124 ounces of full skeins. and many balls but I didn't keep track of them.

Hey!

I had a heck of a Sunday & also today. Hubby had around 12 seizures yesterday, went to the hospital w/ him, the hospital doctor just added new medicine....We got up this morning to go see one doctor but that doctor sent us to the doctor that did the surgery at the end of June. That doctor sent us back to the hospital to get the test results that the hospital did last night. Then went back to that doctor, this doctor thinks everything is okay. He is going to be setting up an MRI to see what is going on w/ DH brain. Might be heading into another surgery really soon. Over all, heck Monday so far. I am not sure how much yarn I am going to use up this week, we have to also to go DS school to meet his new teacher. I have had the awesome chance to start working on PLASTIC CANVAS again. I am hoping to use up quite a bit of yarn doing this luck. Please keep us in your prayers.

I am FINALLY finished enough on my galaxy afghan that I have started using yarn again!! It took me FOREVER to deal with all those pesky ends and to stitch the circles together. I have now started crocheting the stripe sides and hope to have those done in less than 2 weeks! I only have a month left to finish this blanket completely and I have a LOT left to do!! Procrastination struck me, per the norm. Lo

The circles all stitched together:

post-55092-0-33235000-1376963054_thumb.jpg

And the start of the striped sides against the circle section:

post-55092-0-37397700-1376962995_thumb.jpg

I am FINALLY finished enough on my galaxy afghan that I have started using yarn again!! It took me FOREVER to deal with all those pesky ends and to stitch the circles together. I have now started crocheting the stripe sides and hope to have those done in less than 2 weeks! I only have a month left to finish this blanket completely and I have a LOT left to do!! Procrastination struck me, per the norm. Lo

The circles all stitched together:

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

And the start of the striped sides against the circle section:

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

love it!!!  i liked it in black/white but it is so much better in rainbow. 

Hi all! 

I've been debating whether to join in and admit I have a yarn addiction! But the first step towards healing is to stand up and say you have a problem right? So...

(stands up and raises an arm) I have a problem!!

Haha. Thanks to Pineknott for encouraging me to join in. 

Am I right in thinking that I will post this week's tally Saturday night/Sunday morning? I'm in the UK so not sure how the timing will work out... 

I'll go off and add a score to my signature now :) Looking forward to joining in with you all.

Ok, think I will just check I've calculated this right:

This week so far I received my online order of 27 skeins of yarn = +54

I rolled 16 of them into cakes = -16

I gave two skeins to my nieces = -4

So my current wtd total = + 34

Does that sound about right? 

Ok, think I will just check I've calculated this right:

This week so far I received my online order of 27 skeins of yarn = +54

I rolled 16 of them into cakes = -16

I gave two skeins to my nieces = -4

So my current wtd total = + 34

Does that sound about right? 

Welcome to the group. Since this is a stashbusting group the positives and negatives run backwards. It's negative when you add yarn to your stash and positive when you use it up or give it away. It takes a little getting used to.

Welcome to the group. Since this is a stashbusting group the positives and negatives run backwards. It's negative when you add yarn to your stash and positive when you use it up or give it away. It takes a little getting used to.

Of course!! Oopsie!! Thanks for pointing that out... I will amend my total accordingly :) 

Welcome to the group beccalovely.  Read the first page of this CAL.  It will explain how things are done and there is also a member's list there.  I will be adding your name to the list.

I didn't post my scores last week, as I very spontaneously decided to go to the mountains. And looking back at the scores, it seems it's me who shoot the moon with -16... I'm sorry I haven't posted earlier and I'll be glad to take all the responsibilities connected with shoot-the-moon-ing from the last week :)

I didn't post my scores last week, as I very spontaneously decided to go to the mountains. And looking back at the scores, it seems it's me who shoot the moon with -16... I'm sorry I haven't posted earlier and I'll be glad to take all the responsibilities connected with shoot-the-moon-ing from the last week :)

Don't worry about it. I'll be around this weekend and have no problem with posting the scores. I'm probably heading to the moon again anyway!

Used up two skeins, but 11 from Joann put me back in the hole......

WTD -18

Archived