Zulema's Shawl

Alaina

Made for my good friend Zulema as she starts Phase 2 of her chemotherapy treatments. She held my hand 3 years ago when I was going through chemo, and now it’s my honor and privilege to hold hers.

Pattern ~ Pink Ribbon Shawl by Kj Hay

post-16856-135897768146_thumb.jpg

post-16856-135897768148_thumb.jpg

Beautiful shawl --positive thoughts for your friend as she goes through the chemo. How are you doing?

A co-worker of mine is going through chemo and this shawl would be perfect to let her know I'm thinking about her. Thank you for posting the link to the pattern. It's really lovely!

How wonderful that you have each other to lean on. Friends like that are hard to come by. The shawl is beautiful and I am sure your friend will feel the love which was crocheted into it. Prayers to you both. :hug

Beautiful shawl --positive thoughts for your friend as she goes through the chemo. How are you doing?

A co-worker of mine is going through chemo and this shawl would be perfect to let her know I'm thinking about her. Thank you for posting the link to the pattern. It's really lovely!

Hi Joanne!,

Thanks! I'm doing really well. No complaints! I have one (hopefully final) reconstructive surgery coming up August 1 (a little lifting, a little lipo, and lot of tightening things up, LOL!!!).

I'm not a big fan of pink, but this particular yarn is SOOOo soft, and the pattern is just so feminine and lovely, it really worked up nicer than I expected. I tend not to have much luck with the Caron SS yarns but these few skeins cooperated with me! :-)

It turned out gorgeous! Very nice :)

Edit: Just wanted to add that my thoughts are with both you and your friend. Having a support system is so important, it's wonderful that you can be there for each other.

Thanks Monique & Becky!

She's doing great! Phase 2 of her regimen is slightly easier than Phase 1. She's coming up on #3 of 12 treatments (weekly).

She's a real trooper!

Archived