Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

I hope so to. Problem is she always finds bad boys and each one gets worse from the next. It's her pattern so hopefully she will change but time will tell. She just uses me and then talks about me all the time. I know this but I do the best I can not to let it bother me and I know how she is. But they are my grandsons and I so love them. If nothing else hopefully she will make it better for them. She never takes my advice so I don't five it. If I give advice she does the opposite and then tells who ever what I say and of course I'm the witch of the south. Not a good witch either. But where does she run when she has no where's to turn or lay her head down. Yep to me!

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Off to finish my hair and see what I can do about medicine for him. I was able to get some for him but not the third one. I need to pay my lights sometime because I have a shut off notice. With extra doctor expense my hubby's eye surgery I just don't have it. With him being out of work for a week we are behind. She won't help get medicine for she already says she has no money. Poor boy I will do what I can. Hopefully still have lights . Can't pay anything on them right now. I need some gas , food and hopefully get his medicine. So I don't know. Off I go.

Off to finish my hair and see what I can do about medicine for him. I was able to get some for him but not the third one. I need to pay my lights sometime because I have a shut off notice. With extra doctor expense my hubby's eye surgery I just don't have it. With him being out of work for a week we are behind. She won't help get medicine for she already says she has no money. Poor boy I will do what I can. Hopefully still have lights . Can't pay anything on them right now. I need some gas , food and hopefully get his medicine. So I don't know. Off I go.

wish there was something I could do for you,my petitions to the saints are usually answered,I will lift you both up in prayer.

wow so much, first of all, welcome back dragnlady5 good to see you posting, we missed you, are you busy with new "friend" these days, he he he.

next, so sorry about your fall Kay, my goodness, and baby too, that always scares me, glad baby is good, and hoping you a speedy heal on that knee!! You perhaps now, will forever have a bit of trouble with that knee, seems once they get injured........

Owlvamp, gooness, lots going on there, I too, will be asking our Creator for solutions for your problems... Be assured, if He leads you to it, He too, will lead you through it.....

Kuddles, glad she had a good bday,10, i remember my daughter being 10, fun times, something good to say about every age, really.

Pineknot, what's got ya down lately Linda, and how is mom in law, and the rest of the family, and is your wrist back to full use yet, or will it be soon???

cshort, still out playin'!!!

Bgs, yeah, i remember the mats you made they were really snug looking too,i know the shelters and stuff I donate to, prefer a more closed stitch, so I usually hold two strands of RHSS together, when I make them, and I haven't for a while, but will pick that up again, one of these days, and try your c2c, i like doing them too, but seem to have better luck, with ghans anyway, with the granny c2c. Lots of good tutorials out there Kay, you;'ll find some neat techniques too!! And that reminds me, got a couple pics to post, be right back, going after camera in other room.......

wow so much, first of all, welcome back dragnlady5 good to see you posting, we missed you, are you busy with new "friend" these days, he he he.

next, so sorry about your fall Kay, my goodness, and baby too, that always scares me, glad baby is good, and hoping you a speedy heal on that knee!! You perhaps now, will forever have a bit of trouble with that knee, seems once they get injured........

Owlvamp, gooness, lots going on there, I too, will be asking our Creator for solutions for your problems... Be assured, if He leads you to it, He too, will lead you through it.....

Kuddles, glad she had a good bday,10, i remember my daughter being 10, fun times, something good to say about every age, really.

Pineknot, what's got ya down lately Linda, and how is mom in law, and the rest of the family, and is your wrist back to full use yet, or will it be soon???

cshort, still out playin'!!!

Bgs, yeah, i remember the mats you made they were really snug looking too,i know the shelters and stuff I donate to, prefer a more closed stitch, so I usually hold two strands of RHSS together, when I make them, and I haven't for a while, but will pick that up again, one of these days, and try your c2c, i like doing them too, but seem to have better luck, with ghans anyway, with the granny c2c. Lots of good tutorials out there Kay, you;'ll find some neat techniques too!! And that reminds me, got a couple pics to post, be right back, going after camera in other room.......

Katy

its most likely the weather,the humidity is like opening up a blast furnance,I don't do excess heat well in ahem my later years

mil still behaving herself, Rene' has been having bouts of insomnia,but I say don't make your hubby suffer and stay up with you,since he deals with his own health issues

Pineknott, yes, i don't like extreme weather of any kind, too hot, too cold, too windy, too rainy, lol etc. Hope Rene finds some much needed rest soon, that can upset the whole household sometimes, when one cant sleep.

im seeking out something new to start, so when i know you all will know too, lol got to go and prowl around ravelry, and other places to inspire my imagination, and tickle my curiosity, or not, lol whatever.......

a.creative.mrs sorry about the knee and thank goodness the baby wasn't hurt. katy posted a couple of c2c squares she made and I posted a c2c pet mat just a few pages back. Mine was from the Red Heart site and was a more solid block. I enjoyed doing it.

Thank you bgs. I will jump back a few pages :)

Hey all.  No Katy no "new friend" I did a background check and found some very unsavory things. Didnt feel me and my kids would be safe with him. 

I am gonna be a great Aunt so now i got to make some baby things.  :yay

Also i am sending a friend the link to the forum. I go to church with her and she crochets and we got to talking about square exchange. she used t belong to a group but it fell apart and she only had recieved a few squares. 

you dragnlady, you be one smart cookie!!!! would love a new member, new blood so to speak, lol....and congratz on that new baby coming! Got a feeling, you are already a great aunt though, ha ha.

we are down to a couple for queen  in aug, so it' looks like a good chance for someone this coming time, I wonder how Holly is doing with her reign.

and kay, i just posted a link to a granny corner to corner up there a few posts too....

well, im draggin today, think i got too low on fluids, cause I sure have made up for it this evening, but feeling better, so maybe I was milldy dehydrated or soemthing, i dunno....

Got a brunch tomorrow, not sure if Im going yet, but we will see. Nothing much else going on, it is what it is! thinking about winding it down for the evening, and lying in bed watching something on tv till i fall asleep, ha ha, get up later, flick the tv off, and then, be wide awake, ha ha ha.....

No rain for a few days, plants are feeling it, but I do have container peppers growing pretty good, cause they get watered regularly, pretty soon, Ill have some green peppers to pick! That and flowers, get watered daily, but dont usually do the lawn much, count on the rain to do that for us. lol Well, im otta here, everyone have a good evening!

Good morning! I'll just give a hug to everyone, whether you need it or not.....well we all need a hug don't we?!

kiddles and I will be driving downstate tomorrow to my family....to celebrate her birthday. Yeah, more presents....spoiled!

later,

kuddles

Good morning

feeling much better today,maybe Katy is right,if your fluids are low,you kinda get the s-l-o-w-s,its a start had 6 glasses of water yesterday and got up refreshed without the alarm today,storms ahead,but it will bring a drop in humidity,thank goodness.

Kuddles enjoy your visit and safe travels

dragn, congrats on the baby news.  I will be looking forward to seeing your baby projects.  Sorry about your possible new friend but  glad you learned now that he was someone you probably really did not want to be around. 

I don't handle the heat so well anymore either.  It's pretty green out for this time of year but the grass is starting to turn brown.  It's been a couple of weeks since its rained.  We have had so many drought years that more normal is a little weird.   We have had some  hot days but no 100+ ones  Last week some nights dipped into the 50's and there are some forecasted for next week. 

pinknott, glad mil is behaving, hope Rene' is able to sleep soon.  Not being able to sleep when you know you need to is frustrating.

kuddles, you and kiddles have a safe and fun trip this weekend

good afternoon everyone.

:hug and :manyheart  to you all

I have about 5 wips atm LOL. I took a small baby blanket to Kimmswick tuesday and they lady fell in love with it, and wants me to make more in different sizes. It was Champygirl's Turtle square pattern.  So I was on the prowl to make more with different animals and came across a few. And what did I do? Made a few squares of each pattern in different colors to make sure I liked them lol . So my living room is cluttered with yarn and squares :D (And laundry that I need to fold).

Oh and I bought my wedding veil off of Ebay yesterday. Should be here in a few weeks. :woo

See you all later

loving that afghan and hat Lacey, such pretty colors!!  Looking forward to seeing your veil  as well....

Pineknot, yep, I feel better too, can't get too low on fluids I guess, or we feel ukky, our bodies are very communicative with us about stuff like that, lol

Im confused LAcey, did your preferences change, you have cotton, in white and mint and yellow and white?? Or is this in your siggy needing updated????

loving that afghan and hat Lacey, such pretty colors!!  Looking forward to seeing your veil  as well....

Pineknot, yep, I feel better too, can't get too low on fluids I guess, or we feel ukky, our bodies are very communicative with us about stuff like that, lol

Im confused LAcey, did your preferences change, you have cotton, in white and mint and yellow and white?? Or is this in your siggy needing updated????

I believe my sig needs updated again. I thought I had :( shame on me lol. Ill do that right now. :)  Should be any size any color any yarn

Hi all!

I just rescue two puppies. These puppies haven't eaten in awhile for there bones show real bad. The male is worse than the female. I think people in my neighbor hood think this house is a Hotel for Dogs!

I called the vet for her to find homes and daughter is too. I bathed them , fed them , then cut their nails and cleaned their ears. They are so sweet. I believe they are some type of hound dog. They are black but real beautiful puppies.

Love the turtle blanket. Where did you find the pattern? Please do tell.

Archived