Another newbie from Florida!

donnalynn2

I guess I did this backwards! I've been posting for a few days and then I found this place so I thought I'd say hello!

I live in north central Florida (about an hour north of Orlando) and have wanted to learn to crochet since I was a kid. I'm a lefty and my mom, aunts, everyone tried to teach me but I couldn't do it. I gave up on trying and have been crafty in almost every other way my whole life. Then early last year, a customer where I work who does all kinds of crafts told me she could teach anyone to crochet. I had a few sessions with her and learned how to do a chain! I was so excited! Then I had a problem with trying to work into the chain, lost touch with her and put it down again. Then last Christmas I went up north to my hometown in Michigan and when I visited with my aunt I told her that I had learned to chain and she showed me how to do a granny square! She also gave me a different hook because the one I had was really small for a newbie! Anyway, she told me just to keep making the one big square until I had it down pat. I ended up making a huge afghan from that and got the hang of things. Since then I've been a crocheting fool!

I am married and have 2 of the most adorable little doggies in the world. My hubby and I have been praying for the Lord to bless us with a baby for quite some time and are trying very hard to be patient.

I worked in radio almost my whole life on the air. After moving to Florida for a job in 2000 I met my hubby and shortly there-after I lost my job after 9/11. We decided that ultimately we wanted for him to work and me to be an at home mommy and wife so I gave up on radio. I am currently working as an office manager while my husband works full time and goes to college at night working on his degree. Once he finishes, I will be able to stay home and do what I love to do BE A HOME-MAKER!

I am so glad I found this little place on the web! I am enjoying getting to know everyone!!!

Archived