For Yourself?

Is there something you like to make just for yourself?

I love beanies and found the best pattern that I only use for myself. I like having one thing that I can make just special for me. So far I have quite a few beanies with that pattern and different colors to match different outfits. I'm about halfway done with another beanie in green and white to match my favorite green shirt.

Ive made myself a fe things, but then some one admires it and i usually end up giving to them figuring i can always make myself something else lol. I do have a few things that have been mine. An afgan i use on my bed, 2 felted hats. There is another hat but it has seemed to stretch out and now that my hair is short it doesnt fit as well

I always think of making something special for myself..such as an Infinity Scarf using bamboo yarn or some other specialty yarn..but haven't gotten around to it..some day! Like others, it starts out for me and then someone falls in love with it and poof, it's gone!

hugs n squishes!

I like to make colorful, bright hats and scarves for myself. It helps the winter blues, seeing a bright pink hat or something else colorful.

:manyheart

I have made afghans for my house, shawls for me and hat and scarves for me also. I have also done some headbands since I walk every day. Most of my stuff goes for gifts or charity projects.

LI Roe

Every time I make something I "think" I'm going to keep I end up giving it away because someone else ends up liking it. I have found a pattern for a quit-ghan that I want to attempt and hopefully keep for myself:hook

This may sound weird but I like to make dishcloths and potholders for myself. I am not sure how but these things keep disappearing around here. I think the kids hide them. LOL! Anyway, I make quite a few to give away but I love making them!!!

I like to make shawls. They're like mini-afghans. I am finishing one for myself. I frogged the last one to use the yarn for something else. I like dishcloths and I make white ones for use in the shower. They are like scrubbies because they are a bit rough but don't hurt.

I don't have a specific thing, but a specific month - January.

With only minor exceptions for some swatching of yarns for business reasons, I only work/start sometimes even finish things for me in January.

This year it is the TCal Kim is doing for a vintage glove pattern.

I may have to apply my sock decision to glove making

Enjoy The Making

Wheat

I made myself a basket weave blanket for my bed last year. :hook

I bought some yarn to make myself a poncho or a hat and scarf set, but I still havent started them. I also want to make myself a crochet vest one day! I have a couple of projects to make for other people first. :)

I make items for myself now.

A couple years ago, I realized I'd been crocheting for 30 years and only 3 items had been for myself. Everything else had been for others, and after looking at my list, I wasn't any closer to making things for myself. This really got me down, because I learned to crochet so I could make items I like. I stopped right there and declared it to be a ME year.

I finished a couple projects that were for me, started some new ones, and for the first time, began to work with cotton yarn, which I love!

Now I go back and forth between projects for others and items for me.

Archived