Crocheting for valentines?

I am wondering if any of you are crocheting for Valentines Day? I am trying to think of something fairly inexspensive to make for ten ladies or so. Really do not want to crochet a heart pin, I have done that in the past. Any ideas, if not I would still like to know what you are working on.

Would you be interested in a pretty bookmark? I am making 5 of them for Valentine's Day.

Oh! I forgot about these! The last time I made them I stuffed some my homemade rose petal potpourri in with the fiberfill and made a chain on the top to hang. So cute!

(pinkies are linkies)

These are the free Valentine pattern links I've collected on my blog. I am making mostly toys this year, because of the age of the people on my list. However, I have made one dishcloth so far.

Wow you have an awesome collection and I'm so impressed that you're that organized! Wish I could be! :lol

Goodness I can't remember where I got the pattern, but last year I made red thread-crochet hearts. Just a heart that one can put on a desk, dresser or end table. They did not take long to do and were only about 4" in size. I wasn't sure how they'd go over, but everyone really liked them. Even DH kept the one I made for him. :)

I like the idea of the crocheted envelope too. my other hobbies include scrapping, card making and reading. So maybe I could incorporate them into the envelope.

I was practicing and I made a puffy heart, I gave it to my friend, and she put it on her key chain. It looked so cute, I am making everyone a heart for their key chain. :hook

I put a loop of yarn at the top of the heart to hang the heart.

this is the pattern I used, you can make different sizes (I made the medium heart) and they are soo easy!

http://www.planetjune.com/blog/free-crochet-patterns/love-hearts/

I made some doorknob hangers and a candy basket so far....

candy basket (I increased the rounds for the bottom to make it bigger) I also made the handle a bit longer and did a hdc in the back 'bump' of the chain stitches to make a more sturdy, thicker handle

http://www.orble.com/free-valentines-day-candy-basket-crochet-pattern/

Heart hangers--I just made these with no scents in them

http://www.allfreecrochet.com/Valentines-Day-Crochet/Heart-Shaped-Sachet/ct/1

post-47742-135897728259_thumb.jpg

These are the free Valentine pattern links I've collected on my blog. I am making mostly toys this year, because of the age of the people on my list. However, I have made one dishcloth so far.

Here is the 18 inch American Girl Valentine Set. I don't have the American girl doll, I have the Springfield dolls.

post-41739-135897728439_thumb.jpg

One of my Yahoo groups is doing a Valentine's Day challenge. I can't wait to see what comes from it.

My own

challenge entry keeps getting dropped on the list. next thing I know it will be Fe 13 and I'll need an all-nighter to finish. :rofl

Archived