Boxing Day 2012!

dorothysgirls

Well if I ever get my camera to work half way decently, I'll post some pictures.

Since I found that WIP box earlier today, I've been busy sewing buttons on and hiding yarn ends. I finished off 6 baby sweaters, 2 baby blankets, and 5 baby hats. Hehehe, tomorrow I'm going to search the house to see if I have anymore that need finishing. This stuff is going to get dropped off the beginning of February.

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I want to say hi to everyone. I have been following this cal since I joined

in Sept. I love hearing what we all do to help so many groups that deserve

help. I am looking forward to joining you for the coming year. Its so nice

to hear about your WIP'S, and your enthusiasm for crochet.:yay

:welcome to the group!

Dorothy, awesome projects with the twins! Love the legos. And you are not a complete slacker. You are a very busy mom who uses every spare moment to its fullest potential! BIG hugs! :hug

I am proud of everyone for getting so much done. I am working on an afghan that's not for charity right now, but I will get to my hats eventually. This is my first regular ripple ever, and I'm enjoying the rhythm of it. I'm planning on making it big enough for my 19-year-old son who is 6'6" tall (at least.)

OMG, why haven't I seen this CAL before?! I'd love to join you if it's still ok! Mostly I mostly make scarves for survivors of abuse, but I do make other things throughout the year too. The scarves go to Compassionate Creations, the organization I started 5 years ago. I didn't accomplish as much as I wanted this past year due to my health problems, but I'm hoping with motivation I'll get more done this new year! :cheer

OMG, why haven't I seen this CAL before?! I'd love to join you if it's still ok! Mostly I mostly make scarves for survivors of abuse, but I do make other things throughout the year too. The scarves go to Compassionate Creations, the organization I started 5 years ago. I didn't accomplish as much as I wanted this past year due to my health problems, but I'm hoping with motivation I'll get more done this new year! :cheer

:welcome !! I will go add you to the first post.

Hi everyone! :waving I've been going through my stash today, getting organized! I wanted to take inventory of what yarn I had that I would be able to use for my HAP rectangles. I've literally filled up a laundry hamper full! Plus, I have some on order from Herrschners. But first, I need to work on my Special Olympics scarves. I have the week off from work, so I think I can get two of them done! One for each of my two brothers-in-law that have participated in the Special Olympics!

:cheer

Add another blanket and baby hat to the pile. I started the blanket yesterday evening and finished it this afternoon. Its white and a multi colored yarn in mauve/pink. The hat just needed the football attached. Its green and yellow.. go Packers!

Wow! That was quick! The blanket is gorgeous and I love the hat!

Wow! That was quick! The blanket is gorgeous and I love the hat!

Thanks. The star works up pretty quick the first half, then it seems to take forever to hit the points on the bigger rounds lol. Its a great pattern to.. you can use it as a regular blanket, a swaddling, and a car seat cover. Fits great for buckling in.

:D Well if the Packers make it to the Superbowl, I need to make 3 more of those hats. If not, I have a start for next fall. I give football hats to the local hospital here in fall, and baseball hats in spring. I need to get working on those to. So many things to make.. who needs sleep right?

If? Leslie, how dare you say IF? I am from WI so being a Packer fan is my birth right. So many people at work gave me grief when they had their first loss against KC. But I just keep smiling. I suffered the Majkowski years, I can deal with 15-1. One of my first projects was a Packers colors scarf. I read the pattern wrong and it is about three times as wide as a scarf should be. I need to hunt it down and take a picture. I never did tuck in all of the ends. I don't know what took me so long to realize it was WAY too wide.

I love your hat of course, but the blanket is great and wow, you worked it up quickly.

If? Leslie, how dare you say IF? I am from WI so being a Packer fan is my birth right. So many people at work gave me grief when they had their first loss against KC. But I just keep smiling. I suffered the Majkowski years, I can deal with 15-1. One of my first projects was a Packers colors scarf. I read the pattern wrong and it is about three times as wide as a scarf should be. I need to hunt it down and take a picture. I never did tuck in all of the ends. I don't know what took me so long to realize it was WAY too wide.

I love your hat of course, but the blanket is great and wow, you worked it up quickly.

:cheer GO PACKERS!!! :cheer

Today I sorted out the "leftover" yarn, if there isn't enough for a hat I put it in the box for yo yo's.... Then I sat on the couch and finished a hat and made yo yo's. The twins counted them out and said there are 102. I will count them tomrrow. They count them into piles of ten them count by tens. So we will see. I still have a full box of yarn to make more and they are the perfect mindless crocheting to do while watching movies with the kids.

If? Leslie, how dare you say IF? I am from WI so being a Packer fan is my birth right. So many people at work gave me grief when they had their first loss against KC. But I just keep smiling. I suffered the Majkowski years, I can deal with 15-1.

Oh, I'm a born Wisconsinite to. But you have to admit, most of their wins this year were by the skin of their teeth. I'm also a Bears fan, and no, you can't kick me out of the state, trust me the whole family has tried lol. Christmas night I did nothing but yell at the tv :lol.

As for the blanket, because of its shape, its only 20 rows. The first 12-15 work up real quick and easy. Its those last few that take forever. It helps to that I did that one in ww yarn with a J hook. I did one earlier in the year in Joann's Cuddle Me baby yarn and a G hook. Never again will I make one of these in baby yarn lol. Took me three days.

Oh, I'm a born Wisconsinite to. But you have to admit, most of their wins this year were by the skin of their teeth. I'm also a Bears fan, and no, you can't kick me out of the state, trust me the whole family has tried lol. Christmas night I did nothing but yell at the tv :lol.

I am a Bears fan. I am originally from Michigan. My Grandma was from Chicago and was a Packers fan. We had a lot of intresting games at Soilder Field.

Dorothy, I ought to sort out leftover yarn too. I usually toss it in a box in the bottom of my yarn cabinet and there it sits. I'm sure there are lots of balls big enough to make hats from.

I finished the last Christmas present that I need for this year, and my next two projects will be for charity Every January my church fills a crib for the local pregnancy resource center, and I have a nearly finished baby blanket and baby sweater in my WIP pile. I also have a box full of baby stuff that I made over the past year to put in the crib as well.

Cindy I toss all my leftover in a basket then a couple times a year I sort it out. Usually when I am getting ready to make hats for the school kids. It is getting ready to get relly cold here and there are 19 elementary school in this town. There never seem to be enough hats to go around. I feel so bad for the kids they don't let out to play because they don't have a hat.

:cheer

Add another blanket and baby hat to the pile. I started the blanket yesterday evening and finished it this afternoon. Its white and a multi colored yarn in mauve/pink. The hat just needed the football attached. Its green and yellow.. go Packers!

Great blanket and hat!!!

Today I sorted out the "leftover" yarn, if there isn't enough for a hat I put it in the box for yo yo's.... Then I sat on the couch and finished a hat and made yo yo's. The twins counted them out and said there are 102. I will count them tomrrow. They count them into piles of ten them count by tens. So we will see. I still have a full box of yarn to make more and they are the perfect mindless crocheting to do while watching movies with the kids.

Great idea about sorting the yarn. I have mine in several different bags. I really need to sort it out!

I finally finished my Christmas presents last night and I finished my first scarf for the "new year" last night!

I am trying to move stuff around in the craft room so I can set my new desk up out there. Then I can work on my homework surrounded by yarn. How great of a motivator is that. "When you are done with homework you can crochet" That is what I tell myself.

I am trying to move stuff around in the craft room so I can set my new desk up out there. Then I can work on my homework surrounded by yarn. How great of a motivator is that. "When you are done with homework you can crochet" That is what I tell myself.

I wish I had that kind of willpower! In my case, the crocheting usually wins out!

I have to keep a good grades or I lose all my funding.... At the end of two years I will have 4 associates one in each of the following. Human services, businness, accounting, and arts. So I have a super heavy class load and I work full time. Plus the kidos take time too. I am way busy.

Archived