Ugly hat

MarvieN

I posted about this on my blog, but thought I'd put it here too. I was on the bus yesterday, coming home from a doctor's appointment, crocheting of course, and this guy started talking about how he needed a hat to keep his bald head warm. I said well I could make you a hat, several people have asked me to and it doesn't take long to whip out a hat. SO he asked for my contact info and said he wanted the ugliest hat imaginable, said his hat kept getting stolen when he plays golf, he figures if he has a really ugly one nobody will want to steal it. Well of course I had to do it, what a challenge right? I mean normally as crafty type people we want to make lovely things, but I have some pretty ugly yarns from that big ebay win so I went digging last night and found a varigated yarn in colors he'd mentioned (he said something about orange and yellow...) and sat down to make him an ugly hat. Hubby kept telling me I was bad to even consider it lol. I said hey I'm not the one who wanted it, I'm just filling an order hehehe. Boy I have to say he was not to impressed when I asked HIM to try it on so I could check fit lol. He did it, but under protest *g* so without further ado..... the ugly hat. (I put it up in my picture gallery so just click the link but don't bother trying to click the image, it's huge and it's blurry and doesn't really show the colors right lol. Someday I'll figure all this photo stuff out.....hopefully!)

http://img104.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img104ℑ=a6quglyhat2.jpg

Marvie

Nothing is ugly if it is handmade :cry It's filled with love and time. Poor guy though. It's sad that we live in a world today that people have to steal hats!!!

What a great story to go with your project!!! I hope he loves this hat :heart

Donna

:blush Thanks ya'll

I don't really think the hat is ugly either... though the colors are not among my favorites, at least those shades. I forgot to mention that I used two strands while making it, he said he wanted warm to keep him bald head warm, so he gets a nice thick hat. Now I'm just waiting for him to contact me, or to see him around someplace lol. I had to go back over there yesterday to meet hubby and another couple for lunch so I stuck the hat in my bag just in case, but didn't see the guy.

Marvie

My grandma used to lose her hats, she probably makes 5 or more a year. I showed her lost and found at her doctor's office a couple years ago and she found 4 of her hats in it.

I think it's a nice hat too! I hope it works for him, it doesn't have a masculine touch, so if men are stealing his hats, he should be ok. :))

Archived