walker1021 +0

yarn geek +0

PBLKNP -2

Cathoms -4

dragonpuck -6

CLLinda -10

marpan79 -10

Crabby Rat -46 ~~ Shoot the Moon!

I counted up what my grandma gave me last week, and here's how it breaks down... She gave me 41 skeins and 1 ball of thread, which I'm NOT counting in my stash because I don't work with thread and haven't decided to actually add it to my stash... she also gave me 25 skeins and 5 balls of yarn, which I AM adding! :yay I managed to use up 5 balls and 2 skeins on the magic ball afghan I've been working on (that was the last of the magic balls, too!! :cheer) so my total for

Week Ending 04/14/2012 is:

WTD -46 / YTD +29

Thank you for beating my score! Enjoy your new yarn!

Thank you for beating my score! Enjoy your new yarn!

Heh, you're welcome! :) And Thanks... I have started using some of it - I bordered the Magic Ball Afghan today/tonight. I think my son's going to really like it! I've never done the "keeping score" part, but I think I can handle it... I really didn't expect to be doing that job at all this year, as I don't plan to buy any yarn! :lol And I'm holding steady with that - all this wonderful yarny goodness was just given to me... and my aunt said she has 2 bags of yarn for me, also - something else I can add when we get the chance to meet up... not too shabby, if I do say so myself! LOL

Have a great week everyone! Enjoy using up that stash... :wink

Well, with the yarn I picked up on Friday I started the baby ghan during the traveling to and from the wedding I went to and during our downtime at the hotel. So I've already used up 2 skeins of what I bought and made 1 ball, which is half of the yarn :lol So I'm starting the week at +5 :clap:yay

Michaels..impeccable yarn on sale for $1.99... I came home with ONE

such self control :rofl

+2

Only one? That does take will power!

:manyheart

Michaels..impeccable yarn on sale for $1.99... I came home with ONE

such self control :rofl

+2

Used up a skein on a round ripple so back to 0 so far this week.

I'm going to stop at Joann's today I think to pick up yarn for another baby girl ghan. I just don't have enough for a girl :think:shrug

I usually have the opposite problem. It's so much more fun (for me) to get colors for baby girl 'ghans that I don't always have good colors for baby boy 'ghans.

I feel my control slipping...

Next door neighbor is having a boy in August and best friends son and his wife are having a girl in September. Patterns spread all over the family room. Can't make up my mine on a pattern. (Maybe I need to go to LYS for inspiration)

I feel my control slipping...

Next door neighbor is having a boy in August and best friends son and his wife are having a girl in September. Patterns spread all over the family room. Can't make up my mine on a pattern. (Maybe I need to go to LYS for inspiration)

And that could lead to buying just the right shade of blue yarn, and the right shade of pink yarn too.

I'm taking a sick day today to try to get over my coughing/cold illness. Retired to bed for the day, with a book, and some yarn. It's a good day to rest and get better.

Sue I was going to ask you what yarn do you use on your edgerydoo afghans? Just ww?

Yes, WW. I've done one with cotton (Sugar n' Cream) but didn't like working with it on them. I just did one with Bernat Mosaic, once again didn't like working with it on them. Normally I use ILTY and LOVE working with that. :hook

:turtle:vheart

I usually have the opposite problem. It's so much more fun (for me) to get colors for baby girl 'ghans that I don't always have good colors for baby boy 'ghans.

I guess I know more people having girls because I'm using it all right up :think Plus I've been working from my stash for a couple months now :lol

Archived