howdy from Texas

Texas lady

I love to sew and can tat some but have not crocheted since I was a kid. Now I am teaching myself. I am having trouble reading patterns. I have not been able to find a book to help either. When the pattern says crochet in the "same stitch" does this mean the next stitch? To me "same stitch" would be just what it says but that doesn't work with the pattern. Help please and thank you in advance.

Hi:hi and welcome:welcome from the West Coast of Florida

For questions you are better off going to the Crochet Help section.

When it tells you to sc or whatever in the same stitch, you are crocheting in the same stitch as the joining stitch, or the same as the last stitch.

Welcome from central Iowa! I agree with the others, post in the Crochet Help section, along with a couple of lines from your pattern (following copyright rules of course). Same stitch is exactly what it sounds like... the stitch you just used.

Again, welcome!

When it says to crochet in the same stitch that means just what is says. I'll use double crochet as an example and at the bottom of your double crochet put your hook into the very same hole that the dc is in. this is how you would do an increase. Hope that helps.

I love to sew and can tat some but have not crocheted since I was a kid. Now I am teaching myself. I am having trouble reading patterns. I have not been able to find a book to help either. When the pattern says crochet in the "same stitch" does this mean the next stitch? To me "same stitch" would be just what it says but that doesn't work with the pattern. Help please and thank you in advance.

Archived