Blanket for my son

Nira

It's finally done. I've never worked with LB woolspun and was gifted 7 skeins of it in sky blue. I thought that would be plenty to make my 4 year old a blanket for his 5th birthday. Well it wasn't. Almost though. So I asked him to choose either white or green to edge it with and add a little length hoping he would choose the white. Yeah right. So with green yarn (I believe LB homespun but don't have a band for it and it was also a gift) I proceeded to add 7 rows to each end then do a simple sc border on the other two edges. It's just a dc blanket but he loves it. After I got it done washing last night he asked me "Is it done!? Is it done!?" took it from my arms and ran and laid down with it. :lol BTW - I don't think I will ever work with LB woolspun again but I liked the homespun. Now to work on my fiancee's never ending blanket :P

post-48941-135897709573_thumb.jpg

post-48941-135897709577_thumb.jpg

post-48941-135897709581_thumb.jpg

post-48941-135897709584_thumb.jpg

Awwwwww how sweet! I got all teary eyed looking at his smiling little face with his new blankie! You did an amazing job there! Beautiful blanket!

Ah the look on his face in that last photo would have made a whole year's worth of projects worth it! How sweet -- how I remember that age. Grown up one day and a baby the next. Still wanting to climb in momma's lap as long as no one is around to see. ;) You have a good-looking young man there! He is lucky to have a mom that makes him things and let's him choose even when she'd rather a different color. I think a project like this is worth more than all the fancy patterns any day!

Archived