October Charity CAL 10/20 - 10/25

nicolep

Are we ready for another charity weekend?

For new comers -

Anything handmade (crochet, knit, sew...whatever you like to do) counts towards the charity CAL. A group of us get together once a month and dedicate six days to charity. We chat about what we're making and lots of other non-craft things that pop up. At the end of the event, we post our totals in big, bold letters so we can all see how much a few people can do.

Sounds interesting. I think I might be in on this one. I want to crochet some butterflies for the Houston Holocaust Museum.

I missed it last month, too much going on, but I'm in this month.

Sounds interesting. I think I might be in on this one. I want to crochet some butterflies for the Houston Holocaust Museum.

Welcome to you both! Glad to have you again cshort and glad to have you join jewel. :hi

I'm in, although I'm not sure how much I'll be able to do, as this weekend is the Georgia Quilt Expo and I'm planning on spend all three days there. I'm hoping to take at least a couple of classes while I'm there and I'm taking a friend who is new to quilting at least one of the days. I've got three different prayer shawls in the works, so will probably be working on those when I'm not at the quilt show.

Great!!! I was hoping there were more 'social' things on here for me to do and I've been wanting to work on my butterflies too :) See you all around the 20th:) and BTW this is a great idea!!!!

I'm in, although I'm not sure how much I'll be able to do, as this weekend is the Georgia Quilt Expo and I'm planning on spend all three days there. I'm hoping to take at least a couple of classes while I'm there and I'm taking a friend who is new to quilting at least one of the days. I've got three different prayer shawls in the works, so will probably be working on those when I'm not at the quilt show.

Great!!! I was hoping there were more 'social' things on here for me to do and I've been wanting to work on my butterflies too :) See you all around the 20th:) and BTW this is a great idea!!!!

Welcome to you both! :hi

I'm going to work on HAP afghans. I have to get them crocheted together. I've been holding on to them for too long. :blush

Since I'm not going to be around a whole lot for this month's charity cal, I've been working on one of the prayer shawls today. I've gone from 2/3 to 3/4 done now and hope to do some more tonight. :hook

I'll be working on chemo hats. Missed the last few months with DD wedding and life getting in the way. Now that the weather is cooler and wetter I am indoors more and picking up my hooks/needles more often.

I would like to join. Yesterday (October 20th) I finished a cap I will be donating to my church's clothes closet. I did the hat in stripes of taupe (Caron One Pounder) and ranch red (RHSS). I started a matching scarf. I am making the stripes only 3 rows of dc before switching colors. Since that is a little tedious, I have also started a "slouchy beanie" in Real Teal (RHSS). The pattern is from our own CrochetSpot/Rachael. I took this with me to work on today while waiting for my radiation treatment (aka my no-line bikini suntan treatment). While I am waiting for a doctor's appointment or waiting in the car while my hubby runs an errand I like to work on something I don't have to think about what I am doing. It will be interesting to hear what everyone else is doing and accomplishes this weekend.:yay:woo:yay

I would like to join. Yesterday (October 20th) I finished a cap I will be donating to my church's clothes closet. I did the hat in stripes of taupe (Caron One Pounder) and ranch red (RHSS). I started a matching scarf. I am making the stripes only 3 rows of dc before switching colors. Since that is a little tedious, I have also started a "slouchy beanie" in Real Teal (RHSS). The pattern is from our own CrochetSpot/Rachael. I took this with me to work on today while waiting for my radiation treatment (aka my no-line bikini suntan treatment). While I am waiting for a doctor's appointment or waiting in the car while my hubby runs an errand I like to work on something I don't have to think about what I am doing. It will be interesting to hear what everyone else is doing and accomplishes this weekend.:yay:woo:yay

Great job finishing that cap. A matching scarf sounds lovely. The slouchy beanie sounds lovely, I love the real teal color :)

I haven't gotten to do this in a couple of months, and really missed doing it,right now I'm full steam ahead on the scarves for Special Olympics #s 6 & 7 in the works,my goal was 8,but think it might head to 10 or 15,thats between 3 states, NY, VA, NC

I haven't had a lot of crochet time with the Quilt Expo going on but I've managed to get the purple prayer shawl from 2/3 done to 3/4 done. The end is in sight with this one. Today is the last day of the Expo so I'll get more done the rest of the time. :manyheart

Couldn't post this morning as hubby was on computer. I am over half way done with the slouchy beanie. Had to frog a couple of rows. One row because had 1 extra stitch and another row another time because of wrong stitch. Used a sc instead of a dc. I know nobody but me would have noticed the sc instead of a dc but I can be picky at times. I really like to make anything I am going to give away (especially if it is for a charity cause) to be the absolute best I can do. If I am using more than one color I really like for the colors to go together well. I don't want anything to look like I just threw it together. I want it to look as nice as something you might buy in a store. Which is why I am having self doubts on the scarf I am making to match the taupe/ranch red cap. I am not happy how it has started out. I may start another one with the taupe/ranch red stripes or else start one only using one color which more than likely will be the ranch red.

Bigfunfam, the corn maze sounds like a lot of fun. Busy-bee-lmt good job on getting some work done on your prayer shawl while the Quilting Expo is going on. I am fascinated by quilts but have never tried my hand at quilting. Needle Arts it sounds like to me you did get a lot of crocheting done despite having to work. Cshort it sounds like your hook has been flying. Mine hook goes my speed - slow but steady. That's one reason there is a turtle :turtle for my avatar. Been like that my whole life. Going my own speed - slow. Will check back in tomorrow afternoon.

Archived