October Charity CAL 10/20 - 10/25

nicolep

I decided to also make 1-1/2" granny's daughters. To make use of small amounts of yarn, and somebody on the forums might be needing them at sometime.

And I think I will work on a WIP lapghan that I want to give to a nursing home or a charity.

I'm glad to see that so many of you got thihngs done while I was away this weekend. Even though I wasn't on the computer, I have started crocheting together one of the HAP afghans. I hope I'll be able to finish that one up. I might be pushing it to get done by Tuesday though. Fingers crossed! :xfin

Kathy I made one quilt back in the 70s on my own and said "Never again." My mom and aunt and many of my great aunts quilted but it just didn't work for me. Then about 10 years ago my daughter started quilting with a church group. I picked up some Christmas mice fabric 3 years ago and thought it would be cute for something, then found out that my niece was expecting in January. I thought that material would be cute for a baby quilt. I asked my next-door neighbor for some help as she's a quilter and that was the start of me getting hooked on quilting. I split my free time up now between quilting and crochet with an occasional cross-stitch or knitted piece thrown in for variety. A lot depends on what part of me has arthritis acting up in it at the moment. There are days when my hands are too sore to work the crochet hook or knitting needles now. Then I sew.

I've made more progress on my purple prayer shawl. I need to count the rows and see how many more are needed. I'm getting close to the end. :hook

:jumpyay:woo:jumpyay I got my slouchy beanie done. Now I am making a matching scarf. I need to get back on the scarf I was working on to (actually just started on) match the cap I made using taupe (Caron 1 pounder) and ranch red (RHSS). I finally decided to continue making it in stripes (3 rows of dc for each color). There is a slight problem at the beginning of the scarf. I have picked up an extra stitch but since I am already on the second color stripe I didn't really want to frog it out and start over. I have already cut the first color yarn off and worked in the tail. I have decided no one but me will know or see the problem. Besides it was the scarf that I first began to see in my mind of stripes of ranch red and taupe. Visualizing the hat came later.

Purple prayer shawl is crocheted. Just have to hide the tails and wash it. Finished the first wing of a Celtic Knot Prayer Shawl and am about to start the second wing on it.

I would love to join your group most of my projects are for charity.

When everyone in the family does some type of fiber or fabric craft there

isn't much left to make for each other. I have finished two aghaan for

project linus for this month and eight chemo hats for our cancer center.:yarn

I would love to join your group most of my projects are for charity.

When everyone in the family does some type of fiber or fabric craft there

isn't much left to make for each other. I have finished two aghaan for

project linus for this month and eight chemo hats for our cancer center.:yarn

Wow! That's great, spiritwalker!

Finished the crocheting on the second prayer shawl. Need to hide it's tails and wash it and then both are ready to go to new homes.

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished checking out what everyone did this month and I think it's pretty awesome.

7 1/2 hats

9 squares for Share A Square

2 prayer shawls finished

4 6" squares

15 1 1/2" granny's daughters

Way to go everyone! :clap :clap :clap

Thanks, Linda for posting all of the work done. I've been stupid busy and hadn't had a chance to go through all of the posts.

cshort - The CAL is the third weekend of the month. It will be 11/17 - 11/22. Hopefully I don't forget to post it again. :blush

cshort - The CAL is the third weekend of the month. It will be 11/17 - 11/22. Hopefully I don't forget to post it again. :blush

Thanks. I'll send you a reminder,:remember if I don't forget:D

Archived