Young Henrietta

Tampa Doll

Ah first day of school and all dressed up. This is the newest outfit for my 18 inch dolls. It is a school outfit with a tam and including glasses and a book bag.

She has her new shoes on and her pretty white stockings.:hook

post-105-135897693853_thumb.jpg

post-105-135897693848_thumb.jpg

I used to dress up for the first day off school...then after like the first week it was like ugh no one cares...lol. Great job on the outfit reminds me of myself when I was in grade school.

Thank you. I love making the outfits for these larger dolls. Yeah, except for the glasses, I think I had an outfit like this also.

Please bring on Fall. I am tired of heat and humdity.:hook

Very gratifying to join this group and find one of my designs being used. When I was designing this outfit (Autumn Walk) I was using as my inspiration the Molly AG doll and vintage 40's-50's outfits. Someone mentioned that the skirt looked like plaid, which was the "effect" I was going for with the variegated, but in a more easy way than doing an actual plaid. I used Berella 4 for the outfit, with the collar being Luster Sheen (wanted a more "cotton-y" look for that). The shoes were made using size 10 crochet cotton.

I love designing for the 18" dolls, they are such fun to do. I have a bunch more scheduled but I interrupted them to do a gingham tote set for the new Berenguer 8.5" Cutesies dolls. Almost finished with those, so will get back to the AG size very soon.

Carolkh

http://www.shadylane.com

Archived