RH With-Love Yarn

ReniC

I was impressed with the variety of colors too -- at least on the website. Hopefully, when it hits the stores, they will carry enough of the colors to make it really useful too. When the Soft yarn came out in Walmart, they only had a very few colors. Then it quickly went to a clearance item with even fewer selections! I see they have them both on their website. I thought at first maybe this one was taking the place of the Soft. Since this is being hailed as a Premium yarn, I definitely want to get my hands on some... and crochet with it too. ;) hehehe......

By the way as an intro, the With Love yarns is 20% off on the REd Heart site right now!

I called Walmart and Joannes to see if they had it in my area and they said they didn't. I'm going to call Michael's next. My daughter wants me to make her an afghan and I was thinking about using this yarn.

Carol:hook

I just left RedHeart's site :angry.

I intended to order enough yarn for a afghan but the 20% off special is already expired (Aug 09). I got the email yesterday, not much time is it? They sell the solids for $5.99/ skein.

Whew! Acrylic sure is going up in price, right along with anything else made from petroleum. Ah well, I will wait till it hits the stores. I have enough yarn right now to crochet cover for a truck! :lol

Ohhhh- there's a thought!

ETA*****

I just sent RedHeart a email. I will let you know if they respond.

I've seen at at our Walmart, the colors are lovely!! It seems plusher than the RHSS but I don't think it as soft as the Soft yarn. Didn't buy any, was with hubby (darn it!!) or else I would have gotten some.

If anyone tries it out and washes it, I would love to know how well it holds up. I haven't seen it in the stores yet.

That is my problem with the RH Soft Yarn...I find that it doesn't hold up well once you wash it. Unless I'm just doing something wrong with washing it...

I'm hoping the new yarn will hold up better...

I just ordered and received some, but have not worked with it yet. I can say the colors are VERY pretty.

Thanks for letting us know. Please keep us updated when you crochet with it.

I will be going to a JoAnn's store on the 24th and hope they have some in by then so I can pick a few skeins up to try it out.

Too bad they aren't sending samples from RH like Lion Brand Yarn does once in awhile.

I haven't started a crochet project with this yarn yet. However, I did pull it out of the bag and I can say it feels very soft, much softer than RH Super Saver.

I'll probably start something with it in a couple of days or so. I'll keep you all informed.

That is my problem with the RH Soft Yarn...I find that it doesn't hold up well once you wash it. Unless I'm just doing something wrong with washing it...

I made an afghan for myself, right before my knee surgery out of the RH Soft, and it didn't hold up well at all. It turned really fuzzy and pilly, but I still love it.

I think it's going to be on the expensive side. I'll probably just stick with ILTY from Hobby Lobby. It goes on sale once in a while for $3.66.

:manyheart

When I ordered the yarn from the Red Heart site, it was $4.99 per skein. That is a little pricey, I admit. However, as soft as it is, it might be worth it.

I don't know if it will be any cheaper once it gets into the stores or not. We'll see.

WOW! it was just under $3 at my local Walmart....I hope it doesn't change any time soon!!

It is very nice a fluffy but I don't think it's as thick as Vanna's but definitely softer than the super savers and not the shiny, slick sheen that Caron has. I did have to size up on my hook

WOW! it was just under $3 at my local Walmart....I hope it doesn't change any time soon!!

It is very nice a fluffy but I don't think it's as thick as Vanna's but definitely softer than the super savers and not the shiny, slick sheen that Caron has. I did have to size up on my hook

Well, it's always more expensive to buy online and I couldn't find the colors I wanted in the stores.

• 6 months later...

At long last, I have started a project using the Red Heart With Love yarn.

The yarn is 4 ply but feels thicker. I did have to go up one hook size. Other than that, this yarn is fantastic! It's very soft, slides on the hook very easily. The colors I am using - purple, clover and white - are VERY vivid and rich looking.

I highly recommend the Red Heart With Love yarn.

I do too. I did a whole afghan for myself in the RH Soft and it turned fuzzy and pilly the first time I washed it. I hope this new yarn is better.

:manyheart

• 3 weeks later...

I just saw this yarn for the first time on Saturday. I hadn't heard of it. It was at Jo-Ann's. My first thought was that it is a competitor for ILTY.

I liked the look and feel of it, but the color selection is a bit slim. I see the online price is $4.99....I don't recall the instore price.

Archived