New worsted yarn: Waverly by Bernat

Afghaniac

Just saw this in a Joann's store today. Finally, a worsted yarn in understated, muted shades. :cheerExamples: Breath of Blue (the palest, softest of blues), Willow (a green that actually looks as if it is from Mother Nature), and many more. I love bright colors, but sometimes I really have a hankering (so to speak) for subtle colors. Waverly is $3.99 for a 3-1/2-ounce skein, but being Frugal Frannie, I'll wait hopefully for a sale.

I checked at Walmart to see if it had the Bernat yarn mentioned in another thread, but the yarn dept. at our WM has shrunk to nearly nothing, and no Bernat. :no I'm not sure if the poster was talking about Waverly or another Bernat yarn. But I would love to find Waverly for less, maybe at another WM.

There are lots of JoAnn's coupons out right now. Are you on the mailing/email list? I just stocked up so they aren't of much use to me but there are some for store and some online coming out righ now.

Can you post a link for this yarn? I can't seem to find it and it's not listed on the Bernat site.

Here's one of several links:

http://www.yarnsupply.com/bernat-waverly-yarn.html

I also noticed it's not on the Bernat site, and wondered about that. BTW, the color swatches aren't true to actual color -- or, rather, they're less accurate than normal. One I noticed that is much prettier "in person," for example, is "Antique."

There are lots of JoAnn's coupons out right now. Are you on the mailing/email list? I just stocked up so they aren't of much use to me but there are some for store and some online coming out righ now.

I do get Joann's coupons, but haven't noticed any for that particular yarn -- at least not for the week ending tomorrow.

Wow! Bernat's one of my favorite yarns! I look forward to checking it out next time I can get to the city. Thanks for sharing!

The coupons I have are good for anything.

I have coupons, too, but they're good only for one skein, not an entire purchase. I mostly make afghans, so I need pretty large amounts of yarn. And I feel so guilty indulging in new yarn, since despite all efforts to keep making scrap afghans, they don't seem to make much of a dent in what I have! I guess I need to get back on Joann's email list for the best coupons. I'm still on Michael's, but somehow got dropped from Joann's.

Wow! Bernat's one of my favorite yarns! I look forward to checking it out next time I can get to the city. Thanks for sharing!

I like your signature quote. I still have an annotated copy of Kahlil Gibran gifted by a boyfriend more than 50 years ago! In the days before texting, etc.

While I love bright and funky colors, the muted tones are pretty also. Unfortunately, color swatches online are never the exact match (sometimes the websites say that also). If it a perfect substitute for Berella 4, which was incredible, wonder why they made another yarn. Couldn't they have kept the same?? Oh well, have to see if I can find it in the stores by me.

Thanks for posting this.

LI Roe

While I love bright and funky colors, the muted tones are pretty also. Unfortunately, color swatches online are never the exact match (sometimes the websites say that also). If it a perfect substitute for Berella 4, which was incredible, wonder why they made another yarn. Couldn't they have kept the same?? Oh well, have to see if I can find it in the stores by me.

Thanks for posting this.

LI Roe

I can never figure out why products I like are taken off the market. I loved Berella 4, too -- especially its peach shade. And I can't find a similar peach anywhere. But I do like the look and feel of the new Waverly. I thoght the colors were, if anything, even nicer than B4's. I can't wait to finish the stashbuster I'm working on to buy some for a new project.

I like your signature quote. I still have an annotated copy of Kahlil Gibran gifted by a boyfriend more than 50 years ago! In the days before texting, etc.

Wow, Kay, that's awesome! :yes:)

Thanks for the heads up on the new Waverly yarn from Bernat. I am a fan of Bernat yarns too! I especially love their Satin! Waverly is a very earthy collection! I saw lots of great pairings right off the bat. Greek Sea really took my eye too!

Archived