Yarn for Lord of the Rings fans

enmac

Yeah, that's kinda a weird name for fluffy pastel yarn, isn't it? I could see it if the yarn was maybe a thick and thin in dark colors ... nah. Yarn and Mordor just don't go together. I'm betting someone who's never read the books or seen the movie or had kids and has lived under a rock for the past 40 years or so heard the name and liked it, or else it was randomly computer generated. Even so, how can an entire yarn company, and their advertising company, be clueless about LotR? Kinda boggles the mind.

C'mon, can't you just see all those orcs wearing soft, fluffy tunics under their heavy metal? They probably dump scented bath salts in the fetid pools for those times when they really want to relax... Come to think of it, didn't the floating bodies in the Dead Marshes have suspiciously silky-looking hair? I bet they're soaking in Garnier products all day long. And I can *sooo* see Sauron wearing pink bunny slippers after hours, back when he was 10 feet tall and wearing a horned metal helm.

Lene'

Well, come on...I mean, after a while, all that armor must cause Sauron & Co. to chafe!

And seriously, I'd bet those black robes and spiky helmet don't help the Witch King pick up women, now do they? I'm *sure* he requires something more touchable for the after-hours parties in the Morgul Vale. :D

oh how I enjoyed this thread!!! At first I thought there was a special yarn to make an LOTR afghan (like an afghan stitch one lol) not that I need an afghan in India but I kinda wanted to make one for hubby as he is great fan of LOTR !maybe a wall hanging in thread hey now i am in business:)

Thanks for the lighter moments!

hugs

Vims

Hmmm. Now you have me thinking that one of these days I need to attempt a simple filet pattern, make a simple wall hanging myself. Great idea! There may even be suitable existing patterns, done up for cross stitch or needlepoint, that could be adapted to our purposes. Must... search... Google...:lol

Lene'

C'mon, can't you just see all those orcs wearing soft, fluffy tunics under their heavy metal? They probably dump scented bath salts in the fetid pools for those times when they really want to relax... Come to think of it, didn't the floating bodies in the Dead Marshes have suspiciously silky-looking hair? I bet they're soaking in Garnier products all day long. And I can *sooo* see Sauron wearing pink bunny slippers after hours, back when he was 10 feet tall and wearing a horned metal helm.

Lene'

:rofl :rofl :rofl

Lol, that's quite the name! very funny. One thing I always think about, watching the movie when the Uruks and orcs are talking about having nothing to eat but maggoty bread for three stinking days! .........Do Orcs / Uruks bake? lol, I guess that explains why it would be maggoty! .......lol. ...Imagining a uruk or orc in chef's hat.......and apron......

Lene'

Do you know how to clean Diet Coke off a computer screen? Because that's where mine is now!!!!!

Lene'

Now that is a funny image!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived