crochet tote addicts CAL

ducky73

jimmybeanswool.com I got lace weight, alpaca/silk,worsted wool,alpaca/merino/bamboo, sport wool,alpaca/silk, 2 different sock,silk/wool

Holy Moses!! Now I see why you have been searching patterns. If you are on Rav, do a search for Sunflower Satchel. I did one for a tote swap here on the ville. The colors you got remind me of it. Anyways, have fun searching and let us know what you decide.

I really must get back to work, but the brain keeps getting distracted today. Probably because it is working up a projects/yarn needed for this weekend's shopping trip with Sue.

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well this day started off ok and has gone downhill very quickly. I got an email about an hour ago that my cousin's ex was killed in afghanistan yesterday. he leaves behind a 15 yr old (my cousins son) this was his 4th tour over there.

and then Keldon woke up and found his bird had died during the night.Luke skywalker han solo blue aka luke had been his buddy for the last 8 years and was the cutest little girl. we were told she was a boy hence the name. then she started laying eggs.

well this day started off ok and has gone downhill very quickly. I got an email about an hour ago that my cousin's ex was killed in afghanistan yesterday. he leaves behind a 15 yr old (my cousins son) this was his 4th tour over there.

and then Keldon woke up and found his bird had died during the night.Luke skywalker han solo blue aka luke had been his buddy for the last 8 years and was the cutest little girl. we were told she was a boy hence the name. then she started laying eggs.

Prayers going out for the family. So sorry about the bird, too.

My prayers for everyone. :hug

Hi All! Even tho I don't post much, I do my best to read as many posts as I can. I love this little group of crafty friends. :) My son (Justin) and Keri were married this past weekend. We thought it would be postponed as Keri was having such bad pain due to her blood clots and chemo effects. But she rallied thru. The ceremony was 1 1/2 hours late and cute way short. But the important thing is that they are now man and wife.

Now that this is over, Sue and I are going shopping this weekend. She is taking me to a JoAnn's that I've never been to before. She said it is the best one around. We shall see. Good thing the tax return came in. I have a feeling I'll be walking out of there with lots of yarn. (she always throws yarn in my cart and I never see it til we are checking out.)

:hug to all and I'll pop in again soon.

Congrats to the newlyweds! And have a great time shopping this weekend! :cheer

Congrats to the newlyweds

Sue tried to get me to shop when I was down there...I am sure if i had submitted I would have had to buy an extra suitcase to come how.:lol

I have been up since 5am browsing patterns, I recieved a box of yarn from my favorite yarn store, I won the color of the month in each weight they sell. so now I am having issues with what I will make from it :think

Ooohhh, congrats!

jimmybeanswool.com I got lace weight, alpaca/silk,worsted wool,alpaca/merino/bamboo, sport wool,alpaca/silk, 2 different sock,silk/wool

Wowsa!!!!!

How sad. Prayers going up for the family. So sorry about Luke too. :hug

Jana- Great to hear that Keri and your son are now man and wife!!! Have an awesome time shopping with Sue- and you must post pics of your yarn haul!

Ann- The tote is great! Love the colors!!! Another winner pattern by Sue!!

Tonya- Congrats on the yarn win- it's beautiful! Sorry to hear about Keldon's bird, Luke and your cousin's ex. Hugs and prayers!!!!

Hope you ALL had a good day- mine was busy as usual- and thank goodness tomorrow is Friday

Mama- Thinking of you and hope you are enjoying your time with family! Did you bring your mom that gorgeous butterfly tote?

Ann - beautiful tote! Still working on mine.

Jana - congrats on your son's wedding. Enjoy your shopping trip with Sue!

Tonya - Prayers said for the family. Sorry to hear about your Luke as well.

Joanne - Hope your Friday goes well!

Good morning!!

TGIF!!! Wish it was a day off, but one thing for sure- I'm leaving on time today--no matter how much work is left!!! My middle DD will be here working on her thesis and she said she'll spend the night!

Hope you all have a good day today!!!

Good morning!!

TGIF!!! Wish it was a day off, but one thing for sure- I'm leaving on time today--no matter how much work is left!!! My middle DD will be here working on her thesis and she said she'll spend the night!

Hope you all have a good day today!!!

You got it! Get the heck outta there on time, even early if you can! Enjoy the weekend!!!

Ann/Sue ~

Great new tote!

Thanks, she did it again! :clap

I love how your scrap colors came out. Very pretty! I agree that it's another great pattern.

Thank you! Yes, it is! :yes

Hellllllooooooo!

We got back and are settling back in!

We had a great visit! My mother was over the moon about the purse, changed to it right away! I used my owl purse (think it was posted long ago) and they all complimented that as well! DD got to hunt eggs, color eggs and got 'gifts' and spend time with her favorite cousin (who is 40! Remember I'm an old mom). All in all, great visit, no bad weather but now happy to be home!

Sue, I got your tested bag almost done. Love yours Anne! Should have mine done tomorrow and can post pix.

Well back to now doing laundry etc so will talk to you all later!

Mama K

Great job Ann! You too Mona!

I hope you are enjoying your weekend now Joanne!

Jana, see you tomorrow!

Mama, I missed you!

:hug to everyone!

:turtle:vheart

Glad you had a nice visit Mama and Baby K! It's always nice to get back home though, isn't it! Of course, there always seems to be a ton of laundry! How does that happen? :lol

Thanks Sue! Hope you have a great time tomorrow!

I finished the Cupcake Cradle Purse for my gd today. I think she's going to be happy with it. I used chamygirl's pattern. I also used her Simple Dolly pattern since I couldn't find a tiny doll anywhere around here to put in it.

post-16860-135897752167_thumb.jpg

post-16860-135897752171_thumb.jpg

Glad you had a nice visit Mama and Baby K! It's always nice to get back home though, isn't it! Of course, there always seems to be a ton of laundry! How does that happen? :lol

Thanks Sue! Hope you have a great time tomorrow!

I finished the Cupcake Cradle Purse for my gd today. I think she's going to be happy with it. I used chamygirl's pattern. I also used her Simple Dolly pattern since I couldn't find a tiny doll anywhere around here to put in it.

Adorable!

Mama K

Welcome back home, Kuddles!! Glad you and Baby K had a great time!! Knew your Mama would love her new purse!!!

Ann- The cupcake purse is soooo cute!! Your GD is going to love it!

I left work about 1/2 later than "normal time"- which wasn't bad at all. DH, DD and I then went out to dinner.

She's back at work on her paper and I'm checking in and then going to work on the RR a bit!

Have fun tomorrow Jana and Sue!!!!

Good morning!

Hope you all have a great Saturday! I know Sue and Jana will have a blast on their shopping excursion!!! Can't wait to hear about all the goodies that you buy!!!!

I have some last minute errands to run early this morning- I have a few little things for GS, but no basket to put them in!:eek. Since I 'm up with the birds so to speak, I should be ready to hit the store when it opens!

I'm not sure if I'll get to felt the SBT this weekend.DD brought all her laundry here to do, plus I have laundry to do. Might have to wait till next weekend! Almost finished the RR- with a few coffee cup cozies made in between working on that last night.

Have a great Saturday!!!:hug

Hi!! And thanks Joanne, yes she loved that bag and we had a great time!

Errands today myself, but first meeting with my new land lady before she moves out to CA on Monday. Still pinching myself that I found a nice place plus have such a wonderful land lady!

Finished up Sue's bag last nite and posted it over at show and tell. LOVE it! Looks like a big easter egg! Thanks again for letting me test it Sue!

Have a great day everyone!

Mama K

post-17419-135897752272_thumb.jpg

Love the cupcake cradle Ann! So cute!

Joanne, can't wait to see the felted SBT!

Mama, love it!

Leaving about 10 to meet up with Jana. She's never been to this Joann's and they have twice the yarn selection any of the others I've been to has. I think we're both in trouble...well at least our bank accounts. :lol

I hope everyone has a great day! :hug

good morning everyone. no crocheting for me today or probably this weekend.

I am off to work with a classmate on a group project power point. I seriously hate group projects. and then off to work.

hopefully we make a lot of progress since its due in a week and we are just starting since it seemed to be a low priority to most of the group.

hope everyone has a good day.

sue and Jana have fun shopping.

Kuddles- that is a great tote!!!! Love the colors- and you are right- looks like a nicely colored big Easter Egg!!!

Sue- Have fun- you are probably at Joann's right now having a blast!!! Thanks for the pattern and now I have another I need to make this on my ever growing list. Won't be felting this weekend- I didn't get the zippered pillowcase to put it in to felt, plus I just finished one load of laundry, and DD has hers going now. She's working on her paper and is rewarding herself with a trek to Marshall's when she gets it done and wants me to tag along! She hardly ever buys new clothes for herself being on a very tight budget, so I think I'll be treating her today (isn't that what Mom's are for?)

tonya- I never liked group projects either- good luck getting it done! And hope that work isn't too hectic/crazy for you tonight!

Hi Everyone! Thanks for the nice words about the Cupcake Purse! It was fun and easy to make. I started knitting another Marine Corp dishcloth last night. I only have one made, so 7 to go! :eek I'd better get my fingers flying on these needles! Nothing else new. Dragging today, I need to get some energy for tomorrow when I visit my kids/grandkids! :) Have a great day everyone! :hug

Hi!! And thanks Joanne, yes she loved that bag and we had a great time!

Errands today myself, but first meeting with my new land lady before she moves out to CA on Monday. Still pinching myself that I found a nice place plus have such a wonderful land lady!

Finished up Sue's bag last nite and posted it over at show and tell. LOVE it! Looks like a big easter egg! Thanks again for letting me test it Sue!

Have a great day everyone!

Mama K

Love how your bag came out Mama! Mine looks like an easter egg too, lol!

Love the cupcake cradle Ann! So cute!

Joanne, can't wait to see the felted SBT!

Mama, love it!

Leaving about 10 to meet up with Jana. She's never been to this Joann's and they have twice the yarn selection any of the others I've been to has. I think we're both in trouble...well at least our bank accounts. :lol

I hope everyone has a great day! :hug

I'm sure you're having a great time! Can't wait to read about all your goodies!

good morning everyone. no crocheting for me today or probably this weekend.

I am off to work with a classmate on a group project power point. I seriously hate group projects. and then off to work.

hopefully we make a lot of progress since its due in a week and we are just starting since it seemed to be a low priority to most of the group.

hope everyone has a good day.

sue and Jana have fun shopping.

Group projects=cringe! Good luck to you! :hug I never cared for group projects either, can you tell? :lol

Sue- Have fun- you are probably at Joann's right now having a blast!!! Thanks for the pattern and now I have another I need to make this on my ever growing list. Won't be felting this weekend- I didn't get the zippered pillowcase to put it in to felt, plus I just finished one load of laundry, and DD has hers going now. She's working on her paper and is rewarding herself with a trek to Marshall's when she gets it done and wants me to tag along! She hardly ever buys new clothes for herself being on a very tight budget, so I think I'll be treating her today (isn't that what Mom's are for?)

Awww, yes, that's what mom's are for! :) Emjoy your shopping trip!

Archived