crochet tote addicts CAL

ducky73

:hi everyone! Not totes to share here but wanted to drop by and tell you all how gorgeous all yours are.

I didn't get my eye done yesterday, they will be doing it in the hospital Wednesday the 11th, so will be out of comission all day and then dr appts all day Thursday.

Have decided to make potholders, no sew towel toppers and dishcloths for going in the totes for the church ladies. Something to look forward to when they get houses rebuilt or to use now wherever they are staying, but something that says "new beginnings".

Hugs and love to all!

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:hi everyone! Not totes to share here but wanted to drop by and tell you all how gorgeous all yours are.

I didn't get my eye done yesterday, they will be doing it in the hospital Wednesday the 11th, so will be out of comission all day and then dr appts all day Thursday.

Have decided to make potholders, no sew towel toppers and dishcloths for going in the totes for the church ladies. Something to look forward to when they get houses rebuilt or to use now wherever they are staying, but something that says "new beginnings".

Hugs and love to all!

Hi nice to see you. That sounds like a good idea. :crocheting

I finished my stashbuster tote a few minutes ago. I ran out of the variegated I sued for the body of the purse, so I had to cut it short by two rows. I doubled the contrast color yarn rather than using it with the main color, but I had about 8 oz of it, and I thought it would be enough. Oh well, it still worked out. Picture will be coming later, (I hope) Not sure where my camera is.

Thankfully my parents are 10 minutes away, but when we head to Key West in about 5 weeks its a 7 hour drive! :eek

:lol

:turtle:vheart

Hard to feel sorry for you since you are GOING TO KEY WEST!

kuddles

Hugs and love to all!

That is a great idea Toni!

kuddles

Oooh, very nice!

Thanks! :)

I finished my stashbuster tote a few minutes ago. I ran out of the variegated I sued for the body of the purse, so I had to cut it short by two rows. I doubled the contrast color yarn rather than using it with the main color, but I had about 8 oz of it, and I thought it would be enough. Oh well, it still worked out. Picture will be coming later, (I hope) Not sure where my camera is.

Can't wait to see it!

Hard to feel sorry for you since you are GOING TO KEY WEST!

kuddles

:P

Put on your sunglasses for this one!!! Stashbuster # 9 , youngest granddaughters request. Used rhss in Pretty n Pink and Bikini, talk about bright. Worked on this in the evenings when lights were low, :lol

Love it!

I had to felt the Granny Go Round. :)

[ATTACH]38943[/ATTACH]

Very nice!!!

Hugs and love to all!

Hi there! Sounds like a wonderful idea!

Becky- I love the bright colors and I'm sure your granddaughter is going to be in 7th heaven!!

Sue- the felted granny go-round is awesome! Love the color and the way it turned out!

Cindy- I can't wait to see yours and hope you find your camera!!

I took a pic when I got home from work- but it was already getting a little dark out since I didn't get home till almost 7:30 (but I did stop on the way home from work to meet Dh at the diner and eat dinner). Oh, and gas here in NJ is 3.75/gallon- that is about the only thing that is cheaper than the rest of the country!! And we don't have to pump our own either! And Cindy is right- we have no control over it..

Toni- Love the idea of potholders/ towels/washcloths to put in the totes! will be praying for a successful eye surgery for you!!!

Here's Stashbuster Tote #5- which I'm hoping to figure out how to line with DD's help- we'll see if she remembers to bring her sewing machine over on Sunday!

post-27163-135897655871_thumb.jpg

Hey ladies :hi

Thank you ladies on your compliments for my tote :hug

I made it to my parents house, which is a 2 hour drive for me at $4.02 last time I bought it, but up to $4.09 since then. It's cheaper here than in Philly by about 10-15 cents :yes

Becky and Joanne - love your totes

Sue - I like the felted look of the checkered granny go round :yes

I need to make it an early night, since we're planning to leave at 6am for our wine tour in upstate new york (a 3 hour drive there and back :lol ) As you all said already, it's out of our control, so still living life ;)

Have a great night :hug

evening all!

are we ready for good news?

wellllllllllllll........

i heard that my friend i had reqquested prayer for is on the road to recovery :cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer

maybe just maybe i can sleep tonight without my cell phone glued to my face

evening all!

wellllllllllllll........

i heard that my friend i had reqquested prayer for is on the road to recovery :cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer

:cheer:cheer:cheer:clap:hug

Good morning!

Wonderful news Ducky! Very happy to read that your friend is on the road to recovery and here's hoping that you got a good night's sleep!

Marisa- You are on the road by now- enjoy the winery tours!!! Sounds like a fun-filled day- are you driving both ways or will you get to sit back and crochet a bit on the drive?

I succumbed to the call of yet another tote! Started #6 last night with the Peruvian print and turqua that was left over from another one. Not sure I'll have enough, so this may be a smaller one....time will tell....

Have a good day today- and Sue---today is your Friday! So do I say TGIS?

Very nice!!!

Thanks Ann!

Sue- the felted granny go-round is awesome! Love the color and the way it turned out!

Here's Stashbuster Tote #5- which I'm hoping to figure out how to line with DD's help- we'll see if she remembers to bring her sewing machine over on Sunday!

Thanks! And your's looks great too! :)

Sue - I like the felted look of the checkered granny go round :yes

Thanks! Going to try it again in different wool. This was Bernat felting wool and I wasn't thrilled on how it turned out. I did add a pocket on the inside. :)

evening all!

wellllllllllllll........

YEA!! :cheer

Have a good day today- and Sue---today is your Friday! So do I say TGIS?

Yes! :lol Its going to be a long day. I'm the only staff on duty this morning and its orientation day for new volunteers. Yippee.

I took a pic when I got home from work- but it was already getting a little dark out since I didn't get home till almost 7:30 (but I did stop on the way home from work to meet Dh at the diner and eat dinner). Oh, and gas here in NJ is 3.75/gallon- that is about the only thing that is cheaper than the rest of the country!! And we don't have to pump our own either! And Cindy is right- we have no control over it..

Love your tote! But then again, I love all of them! LOL

Wow, 3.75! Well enjoy that......and here's hoping it goes down again soon!

kuddles

evening all!

wellllllllllllll........

Yippee!! Yahoo! Woot!!!!!

kuddles

Thanks! Going to try it again in different wool. This was Bernat felting wool and I wasn't thrilled on how it turned out. I did add a pocket on the inside. :)

I have to say, being the Felting Queen, that Patons wool felts the best of any I've used truly!

Hope your day goes fast hon!!

kuddles

evening all!

wellllllllllllll........

Glad you got good news!

Finally here is my stashbuster tote. The yarn is Vanna's in Beige and an "I love this Yarn" variegated in high meadow ombre. Both were leftover from the Bernat mystery afghan. Mine is a couple of rows short because I ran out of the variegated.

post-6189-135897655915_thumb.jpg

So I finished SBT #2 and am working on #3 But my phone broke on thursday at work :sad & that's how I took my pictures. If it's not one thing it's another. So as soon as my new phone comes in I will take pics. I had to renew my contract to get a new phone even though I pay the monthly insurance for our phones... Which I think I'm about to drop as a lot of good it did me. They still wanted $50 I didn't have for a replacement phone of the same model I had. When I've paid enough into the darn insurance to guy three phones. So I just used DHs upgrade on my line and got a new phone for free. anywho. :lol I will hopefully be getting that in the mail on monday, and be able to post new pics

Finally here is my stashbuster tote. The yarn is Vanna's in Beige and an "I love this Yarn" variegated in high meadow ombre. Both were leftover from the Bernat mystery afghan. Mine is a couple of rows short because I ran out of the variegated.

I love the woodsy look this has

Love it!!

kuddles

So I finished SBT #2 and am working on #3 But my phone broke on thursday at work :sad & that's how I took my pictures. If it's not one thing it's another. So as soon as my new phone comes in I will take pics. I had to renew my contract to get a new phone even though I pay the monthly insurance for our phones... Which I think I'm about to drop as a lot of good it did me. They still wanted $50 I didn't have for a replacement phone of the same model I had. When I've paid enough into the darn insurance to guy three phones. So I just used DHs upgrade on my line and got a new phone for free. anywho. :lol I will hopefully be getting that in the mail on monday, and be able to post new pics

Yes I agree, seems like it is always something! And we just keep swimming like sharks in the water......so we can survive!

kuddles

Archived