crochet tote addicts CAL

ducky73

Melani - Love the colors!! And I love the pattern!!

Ann - Get a good night's rest!

Joanne - I may go see if I have something that I can finish the top with that would go with the colors that's in it.

It's snowing!!! Right now anyway. They say it will turn to sleet and/or freezing rain later in the night, yuk. Will probably wake up really early to see if the schools will be in session or not (I'm hoping not, I need a day off!!).

The boys are wanting to make Valentine cards for momma, so that will be our project for tomorrow. Got DH an OU pillow pet (it's the horse mascot) for Valentine's Day. He's been using the little GS pillow pet, so I thought he should have his own. I'm sure he'll be surprised!

Well, I better get to bed as I'll probably have to be up early to see what's going on with the weather.

Be safe and warm!! Hugs to all!

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning--

Melani- I love the colors that you used in the Market Bag! Isn't it a great pattern?

Sherry- I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that you get a day off today! I chucked about how your DH uses your GS's pillow pet--I'm sure he's going to be surprised when you give him his very own one!!!

Sue- You have another winner with the tote pattern!

Tonya- hope you are feeling a little better today. Fingers crossed and positive thoughts that you are well by the time you head to sunny FL!

Ann- Hope you feel a little better today :hug

Kuddles- Have a good day at work! Tonight is craft club and I'm leaving on time today- even if there is a mountain of work to be done:D

Morning!

Hope everyone that's been feeling under the weather is doing better today.

Sue, looks like you've come up with another hit pattern or two! :clap

Have a great day everyone! :hug

I tested another turtle lover tote! This one is the Cotton Buster II Market Bag - very much like the first one, with a round bottom instead of a rectangular bottom. It worked up very quickly (when I finally had time to sit and work on it! LOL) and is another winner in the tote pattern collection!! I used Mexicale (Peaches 'n Cream) and Red (Sugar 'n Cream) held together for this one...

First you'll see it EMPTY...

[ATTACH]51943[/ATTACH]

...and here you'll see it stuffed full of black yarn (I thought this would allow the colors to "pop" more...) :lol

[ATTACH]51944[/ATTACH]

Thanks so much for letting me test again for you, Sue!! :)

Love the colors you used! It's a great pattern! Sue's got another hit!

It's snowing!!! Right now anyway. They say it will turn to sleet and/or freezing rain later in the night, yuk. Will probably wake up really early to see if the schools will be in session or not (I'm hoping not, I need a day off!!).

The boys are wanting to make Valentine cards for momma, so that will be our project for tomorrow. Got DH an OU pillow pet (it's the horse mascot) for Valentine's Day. He's been using the little GS pillow pet, so I thought he should have his own. I'm sure he'll be surprised!

Well, I better get to bed as I'll probably have to be up early to see what's going on with the weather.

Hope you get your day off!

Good morning--

Kuddles- Have a good day at work! Tonight is craft club and I'm leaving on time today- even if there is a mountain of work to be done:D

Have a great time at craft club tonight!

Good morning!

Melanie, great job on the tote! Yup Sue has another winner (or two)! I'm feeling 'better'.....thanks!

Evelyn, feel better!

Sherry.....stay safe. We are to get 'light snow or freezing drizzle' at afternoon rush hour. Luckily I now only live 12 minutes from home! At least they aren't saying a blizzard!

Ann/Joanne/Sue - hi to my gals! Hope you have a great day!

Love from Mama K

Tonya, I hope your feeling better. Your count down is at 1 week!!

Melani and Joanne, great jobs!! :hug

Sherry, still blaming me for having to buy yarn I see?? :lol

Evelyn, nice to see you back. :hug

Mama and Ann, :hug

Melani - Love the colors!! And I love the pattern!!

Ann - Get a good night's rest!

Joanne - I may go see if I have something that I can finish the top with that would go with the colors that's in it.

Good morning--

Melani- I love the colors that you used in the Market Bag! Isn't it a great pattern?

Sherry- I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that you get a day off today! I chucked about how your DH uses your GS's pillow pet--I'm sure he's going to be surprised when you give him his very own one!!!

Sue- You have another winner with the tote pattern!

Tonya- hope you are feeling a little better today. Fingers crossed and positive thoughts that you are well by the time you head to sunny FL!

Morning!

Hope everyone that's been feeling under the weather is doing better today.

Sue, looks like you've come up with another hit pattern or two! :clap

Have a great day everyone! :hug

Love the colors you used! It's a great pattern! Sue's got another hit!

Hope you get your day off!

Have a great time at craft club tonight!

Good morning!

Melanie, great job on the tote! Yup Sue has another winner (or two)! I'm feeling 'better'.....thanks!

Evelyn, feel better!

Sherry.....stay safe. We are to get 'light snow or freezing drizzle' at afternoon rush hour. Luckily I now only live 12 minutes from home! At least they aren't saying a blizzard!

Ann/Joanne/Sue - hi to my gals! Hope you have a great day!

Love from Mama K

Tonya, I hope your feeling better. Your count down is at 1 week!!

Melani and Joanne, great jobs!! :hug

Sherry, still blaming me for having to buy yarn I see?? :lol

Evelyn, nice to see you back. :hug

Thank you so much, everyone! I do like the bright colors; and I'm glad all of you do, too! Have a great day, and :hug to everyone!

The tote is pretty and bright, I like it.

It is good to be back! missed you all.

It is pretty cool today were supposed to get storm today we got a little rain yesterday, we are so dry we can use all we can get.

I got myself a new embriodery machine, so now Im trying to learn to use it, I always wanted one, but never had one before. I go to class's on thurs. now I need to learn to take free embroidery patterns off the internet but that will be another time. Didnt need another craft, but I like to do them.

I hope you all have a good day.

Hi All! Better late than never right! Struggled thru yesterday morning, then we had a wake to go to in the afternoon. The mother of one of my dearest friends past away Saturday night. I had hoped to make the funeral this morning, but my body wouldn't allow that. Enough said. Just been laying low all day. I just about finished the baby dress last night. That's a good thing! I got the shower invite for the twins yesterday and it's March 17th! :eek I need to get my butt in gear! :lol What's your opinion ladies? Would you make everything identical with maybe a different accent (flower, button, etc) or go with different colors? The blankets are going to have to be the same because that's what I have, lol! (antique white)

Just saw in in show n tell. It's is fabulous!!!! I have a cousin that loves giraffes. She would go crazy over this bag!!!

I see that you already have enough testers. I'm always available when you need one!

I just got to watch NCIS today. Loved it! It's one of my favorite shows! Looking forward to seeing the Shawler when you're done!!!

No, you are not getting sick! :hug

Wow, nice afghan!

Mama, I almost sprayed gingerale all over my computer!!! :lol No wonder you don't feel good! :lol Allergies,ok! :D:hug

I had the best surprise this afternoon! My oldest son and his wife stopped by with Jillybean and Maddie!!! :yay They were in town to pick up something for a club they belong to so I got a surprise visit. Totally made my day! :D It was so cute, Jillybean spotted a dog blanket that I had made as a sample for her mom to show her sister (confusing, I know, lol) anyway, Jill fell in love with it and cried when we put it away! Needless to say, it now belongs to her! :lol

You're a good person for staying with the turtles even though you're not getting paid. Do you think they new that when they cut your hours? Just saying...:hug

It works up fast! Have fun! Can't wait to see yours!

Ooohhh, the colors you got sound nice! Double stranded should go really fast!

Here's a pic of the doggie blanket! It's nothing special, but made my heart sing when she wanted it!

Here is a Valentine's Cotton Buster Market Bag II--I used Peaches N Creme Peppermint. Sue, I love this pattern!:manyheart

I tested another turtle lover tote! This one is the Cotton Buster II Market Bag - very much like the first one, with a round bottom instead of a rectangular bottom. It worked up very quickly (when I finally had time to sit and work on it! LOL) and is another winner in the tote pattern collection!! I used Mexicale (Peaches 'n Cream) and Red (Sugar 'n Cream) held together for this one...

First you'll see it EMPTY...

[ATTACH]51943[/ATTACH]

...and here you'll see it stuffed full of black yarn (I thought this would allow the colors to "pop" more...) :lol

[ATTACH]51944[/ATTACH]

Thanks so much for letting me test again for you, Sue!! :)

Excellent work ladies :yes I love your projects :manyheart

It is pretty cool today were supposed to get storm today we got a little rain yesterday, we are so dry we can use all we can get.

I got myself a new embriodery machine, so now Im trying to learn to use it, I always wanted one, but never had one before. I go to class's on thurs. now I need to learn to take free embroidery patterns off the internet but that will be another time. Didnt need another craft, but I like to do them.

I own two embroidery machines! Used to make and sell iron on patches......I still sew but the patches don't happen anymore. I can always go back to it! What brand did you buy? You will love it!

Mama K

Good morning!

We are to get 'light snow or freezing drizzle' at afternoon rush hour. Luckily I now only live 12 minutes from home! At least they aren't saying a blizzard!

Hope your weather wasn't too bad today. It sure is nice that you live so close to work though! Glad you're feeling better too! :clap

:hugback at ya!

Thank you so much, everyone! I do like the bright colors; and I'm glad all of you do, too! Have a great day, and :hug to everyone!

Hope you had a great day! :hug

An embroidery machine sounds like fun! I used to enjoy doing all kinds of crafts, now I can barely keep up with the crochet! :lol

I own two embroidery machines! Used to make and sell iron on patches......I still sew but the patches don't happen anymore. I can always go back to it! What brand did you buy? You will love it!

Mama K

And I just thought iron on patches came from the store! :lol

Mama K

I got a baby lock sofia 2,it will only do a 4x4 pattern But I like it.

I am just learning how to use it, I have don a monogram on a towel and

we did hearts last week, Im going to like it, when I learn to use it.

We are getting snow tonight and My tv went off the dish is covered with snow.

Have a good night.

I have a case of insomnia tonight. so I finished my spanish homework and yay no chem. due until next week. so tomorrow I will rest, and possibly crochet something. I have an idea on something i want to have done asap :D I am starting to feel better but still have a nasty cough

Happy Valentine's Day! :vheart Wishing you all a sweet day! :hug

Here are three totes I've made in the last week. Sue, thanks for two more great patterns!

They're all fantastic!!!

I have a case of insomnia tonight. so I finished my spanish homework and yay no chem. due until next week. so tomorrow I will rest, and possibly crochet something. I have an idea on something i want to have done asap :D I am starting to feel better but still have a nasty cough

Glad you're starting to feel better! Rest up today and keep it going! :hug

:valday:vheart one and all!!!

Share the love- a smile- a kind word!!!!

:hug

Back at ya! :hug

Hope your weather wasn't too bad today. It sure is nice that you live so close to work though! Glad you're feeling better. And I just thought iron on patches came from the store! :lol

Thanks and yup, people can actually make patches themselves! :eek

Here are three totes I've made in the last week. Sue, thanks for two more great patterns!

:manyheart them all!

I got a baby lock sofia 2,it will only do a 4x4 pattern But I like it.

Take your time, you'll learn by mistakes and as you go but soon, you will be whipping out some fun stuff!

I have a case of insomnia tonight. I am starting to feel better but still have a nasty cough

I hear ya on the insomnia! I don't think I ever sleep anymore!

Glad to hear you are getting better! I'm still not feeling back to normal (shuttie Sue)!

:valday:vheart one and all!!!

Share the love- a smile- a kind word!!!!

:hug

Back at ya honey!

Happy Valentine's Day! :vheart Wishing you all a sweet day! :hug

Thanks honey! :hug

Hope everyone has a great day!

Mama K

Nice! Is it felted? Were the grommets easy to do?

Mama K

Yes it's felted (your favorite kind). Grommets took all of 5 minutes for 8 of them. I really like this bag. Working on another one. :)

:turtle:vheart

Yes it's felted (your favorite kind). Grommets took all of 5 minutes for 8 of them. I really like this bag. Working on another one. :)

I have grommets I've bought on clearance....but no tool! I've tried with just a hammer, uh does not work! so need to get a tool. Hancock Fabrics has all sewing notions 50% off starting Thursday...hmmmmm, guess I'll need to stop in there!

Mama K

:vheart:valday:vheart

Great work, these are all awesome :manyheart

Great job on the bags Mona!! :cheer

I finished this one last night! :)

[ATTACH]52032[/ATTACH]

Beautiful, I love it :manyheart

Archived