Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Good afternoon all,

I've missed you guys. I've had a rough 6 months. Lost my dad and enduring harrassment on the job while working 90+ hours per week. Well as Judy stated in the 2011 challenge crochet along, it is probably a blessing indisguise that I was terminated. I'm going to fight it but not to get the job back. I was probably on the verge of a stroke. I'm glad that I'll be able to spend time in here again. I'm spending today getting all of my wips organized and setting a goal to complete each one. Hope you ladies are all doing well.

Welcome back, Valerie. Sorry work has been such a hassle. That sounds like a lot of excessive work hours. And no one needs harrassment in the workplace.

The cleaners were here for almost 4 hours and did a very good job.

I'm calling it a night. I've almost finished a second Uglee Doll. Just need to make another leg and two arms. This one's in light gray with light blue and medium blue as the accents.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Toni, Lucy had red spots on her belly for a while (not fleas, etc, since she's on stuff - - and we checked) Her feet aren't irritated but she bites herself at different times. I think being raised in the horse stall and then coming into a yard with grass and weeds did it to her. Seeing the vet Friday for her 3rd set of shots and will ask about benadryl. Need to know how much she weighs first!

and I'm dealing with shingles:( I've had the sensitivity and pain but no pimples, etc till last night. Saw my doc this AM....the painpill combined with the other pill for the shingles was something else - even with food on my stomach!

And tomorrow is the 1st of 2 fillings....oh, well. My turn, I guess.

Have a good night my friends:hug:manyheart

Parsley:

this is the flower of a parsley. That is what it looks like when going to seed.

[ATTACH]40824[/ATTACH]

See the stem gets long with less leaves

[ATTACH]40825[/ATTACH]

Heres a few shots of my yard right now. the 2 pics with the light green splash, slide them together so the splash overlaps, thats 1 bed of sedum, then you'll get the panoramic effect. 90% of my gardens are from plant/seed/bulb trades with my online gardening friends from ll over the US and Canada.

[ATTACH]40826[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]40827[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]40828[/ATTACH]

When we moved here there were no gardens

Wrennie- You've made such a peaceful oasis!!! I love all these pictures!!!!

Good afternoon all,

I've missed you guys. I've had a rough 6 months. Lost my dad and enduring harrassment on the job while working 90+ hours per week. Well as Judy stated in the 2011 challenge crochet along, it is probably a blessing indisguise that I was terminated. I'm going to fight it but not to get the job back. I was probably on the verge of a stroke. I'm glad that I'll be able to spend time in here again. I'm spending today getting all of my wips organized and setting a goal to complete each one. Hope you ladies are all doing well.

Val, first of all, Welcome back to Our House!:yay Second, I'm sorry to hear that you lost your Dad- I know what it's like to lose a Dad so here's some :hug:hug:hug for you. Lastly, sorry that you had to endure harrasment on the job- and I remember how you always seemed to be working! Good luck with the fight- it'll be rough! Have fun getting your WIP's organized!!! Again, welcome back!!!!:hug

Toni, Lucy had red spots on her belly for a while (not fleas, etc, since she's on stuff - - and we checked) Her feet aren't irritated but she bites herself at different times. I think being raised in the horse stall and then coming into a yard with grass and weeds did it to her. Seeing the vet Friday for her 3rd set of shots and will ask about benadryl. Need to know how much she weighs first!

and I'm dealing with shingles:( I've had the sensitivity and pain but no pimples, etc till last night. Saw my doc this AM....the painpill combined with the other pill for the shingles was something else - even with food on my stomach!

Oh, feel better Judy!!!!:hug

Had a busy day in Paradise- and then it was off for a pedicure after work to de-stress and relax in the massage chair!!!! No more blue toes!!!:lol

Linda- I would love to have cleaners come in and spend 4 hours in my house!! Love the uglee dolls- the colors of your next one sound great. How's the quilt for the challenge coming along?

Marisa- Good luck tonight with Mary and her algebra--and good or you for sticking to your morals!!!!:yes

Night all!

Parsley:

this is the flower of a parsley. That is what it looks like when going to seed.

[ATTACH]40824[/ATTACH]

See the stem gets long with less leaves

[ATTACH]40825[/ATTACH]

Heres a few shots of my yard right now. the 2 pics with the light green splash, slide them together so the splash overlaps, thats 1 bed of sedum, then you'll get the panoramic effect. 90% of my gardens are from plant/seed/bulb trades with my online gardening friends from ll over the US and Canada.

[ATTACH]40826[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]40827[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]40828[/ATTACH]

When we moved here there were no gardens

Your gardens are beautiful!

Good afternoon all,

Val, I'm very sorry about the job issues, but it sounds like it was probably for the best. Sounds like you were being worked to death. Also, my condolences at your dad's passing.

And..it's really nice to see you again!:hug

Oh my, sounds like you have your plate full at the moment. Hope you feel better soon.

:hug Valerie, hope the next 6 months is better and happier than the last for you.

Love, hugs and prayers to everyone!

Thanks. I hope so too.

Welcome back, Valerie. Sorry work has been such a hassle. That sounds like a lot of excessive work hours. And no one needs harrassment in the workplace.

Thanks Linda. I'm glad to be back. I'm feeling much better and didn't realize how stressed I was. Don't know what the future holds but I do know who hold the future. I'm not a quitter and would have stayed until I had a stroke or heart attack.

Val, first of all, Welcome back to Our House!:yay Second, I'm sorry to hear that you lost your Dad- I know what it's like to lose a Dad so here's some :hug:hug:hug for you. Lastly, sorry that you had to endure harrasment on the job- and I remember how you always seemed to be working! Good luck with the fight- it'll be rough! Have fun getting your WIP's organized!!! Again, welcome back!!!!:hug

Thank you so much. I'm glad to be back. Thanks for the hugs. I didn't get to the organizing as I planned because I started on one of the wips and I couldn't put it down. I need to do about 10 more rows and it done.

Val, I'm very sorry about the job issues, but it sounds like it was probably for the best. Sounds like you were being worked to death. Also, my condolences at your dad's passing.

And..it's really nice to see you again!:hug

Thanks for your condolences and yes I was. I was soo tired I couldn't think. It is a blessing. I'm looking forward to spending time with you guys. I've missed this a lot.

Good morning!

Val- What is the WIP that you are working on? Don't forget, we love pictures!!!;)

Didn't get much :crocheting done last night- started the SBT for Tammy, and then decided to read for a while.

Have a good hump day!

Good morning ladies :coffee

It was another night pushing 1:30 and we still have tonight to go, but then this class is over. She still has another session of algebra to take, but doesn't have it this upcoming session....they scheduled her for something else :think I might have her try to call them to see if she can switch to right take that class and get it out the way for 2 reasons: 1. It's fresh in her head to continue on with the next part and 2. I'm moving away and it will be extremely difficult to try to do this over the phone :think We shall see.

I got a little cleaning done and packed 2 more boxes while Mary was working her problems last night, so that's good :clap I'm still having filter troubles with the turtles, so that's not so good :( Hoping today goes quickly and that tonight's practice final and final go smoothly :xfin

Val - :welcome BACK!!! So sorry to hear about your dad :hug :hug :hug Wow, work not only worked you to the bone, but all those hours with harrassment too :eek Good luck sweetie :hug :hug how did the yarn organizing go? I have to do that as well :yes

Toni - I think my morals working overtime is an understatement right now :eek:rofl

Linda - Can't wait to see your 2nd uglee doll :D

Judy - Oh boy, shingles :eek My dad had it a few years ago now, but I remember him being very uncomfortable....and he's not one for complaining :hug :hug :hug

Joanne - So what color are the toes now? Oh a pedi sounds delightful :bounce

Hi Gang

Just a quick drop in to say howdy . Been so long,and I am so far behind, I have no clue who is dong what,when ,so will just say hello .

We have been working our buns off on the house -doing all the inside stuff first ,since it is less money than the big outside things will be. We talked to the bank about a loan but havent decided yet which way to go with that,so have just been working inside and thinking on it. I HATE being in debt --we currently have no car payments, credit card bills or any other loans except the house . I dont count that one,since everyone has either a house payment or rent .

The painting has been a challenge with the breathing and hot summer air,so it takes about 10 times longer to get done when I take so many breaks . Anyhow, finished the last room downstairs yesterday ,so now we have to big room upstairs,but it will wait til fall.Too muggy up there now .

On the crochet front, it is ZILCH . Last time I tried even cotton, it bothered me,so I gave it up for now. sure hope to someday be able to do it again .

My lung guy said this week that he wont give up on me,and there has to be a combo of meds that will work, so we are still in the process of finding them. He added 2 more to the list, and one of my others I have to wean off, another I have to still take,but less often .

Our girl and family will be home from Korea next month,so that will keep me busy . Havent seen the kids in a couple years now . Cam is excited to see them and wants to take them on a ghost hunt at the graveyard. I still never talked HIM into going,but maybe he will go if a bunch of us do .

Cam is doing great, playing baseball,enjoying time off school. He comes here a little more often now that school is out . I took him with me to get groceries the other day,and must say it was quite an experience . He talks nonstop about EVERYTHING,and can change subjects in one breath,so it was a challenge to remember all I needed ( I dont bring a list) ,keep track of how much I spent,and carry on a conversation ,everything from which cereal tastes best ,to what he was gonna sell at his garage sale, to the kind of meat his mom made the other day ... we pretty much covered it all .

He was really funny.When we went in,he asked how much money I had to spend,so I told him,so then we tried keeping track of what I spent. I let him buy one toy . When we were almost done, we went over my total ,so he said we'd have to put something back. I asked him what, and he stood back, pondered the cart for a minute,and said " Well you DID buy an awful lot of POP ." ....so I guess he figured that would be the one LUXURY item to go .

I like POP like Tam likes COFFEE,so pop would be the last thing to go. I'd go without FOOD and keep the pop .

Then on the way home, he said I was so FUNNY,and he said he thinks HE is funny too. I said yes, you are,you make me laugh all the time . Then he asked who would win if we were in a FUNNY contest ? I said I dont know ... but he said he thinks HE would win. Apparently I'm funny, but he is funniER .... He is VERY competetive and HAS to be the winner,so it's ok. I'll let him win .

Well, I have yakked enough . Just thought I'd drop in and say howdy from Hillbilly Village and hope you all are doing well . :yes

Morning all! Just got back from letting neighbor dogs out for the day. Will go back later and let them in, feed them and crate them for night and do it all over tomorrow. Her DH invited her to go on a business trip with him for a couple of days.

Finished up a potholder and made a dishcloth during the storms yesterday afternoon. Lot of straight line wind and much needed, almost 2" of rain. If the wind and hail didn't damage the crops, this rain is a blessing as they were about to lose the cotton crop and the corn crop.

Joanne, would love to sit in a chair like that and just relax and let the world go by. Now that the blue is gone, are they green, purple, red, black? :lol

Judy, Shasta's tummy was red and itchy too and then she started on her feet because they were itchy. They got really red and when she went to vet, he noticed right away and told us to give her the benedryl. It sure helps and she sleeps/settles :rofl

I don't like shingles :no :no :no they hurt. After my first chemo treatment I got them on my tush and down my left leg. Was not fun at all. Hurt to sit, hurt to stand, just plain hurt :lol

Julie!!!!!!!! Oh, it's so good to see you and hear what you've been up to and you've been up to a LOT! Hopefully they can find a combination of meds so that you can crochet again. Cam sounds like a hoot. What fun having him around.

Well all, enjoy your day. It's time for me to log on to work. TTYL

Marisa, I think you're right, take the next algebra while it's fresh in her mind. Otherwise, would be like starting all over again.

Good morning everyone.

Julie, sounds like you are having lots of fun with Cam. Sure hope your lung doctor eventually hits on the right drug combination.

Its gloomy and very humid here. I plan to do laundry, get groceries and then I have to go to a meeting at work this afternoon.

Hi. ladies...

yup, Toni, it really hurts, esp since it's at my waist and I can't walk around nekkid. I didn't have a rash for 2 weeks - just pain...we'll see how long before it goes away....Like Marisa's dad, it takes alot for me to complain.

Hi, there, Jules! Good to see you here:hug:manyheart:hug:manyheart You are so blessed with having Cam in your life.:yes

Off I go - dentist at 12 Noon.....and chores this AM.

Good morning, everyone. Kim has a dentist appointment this afternoon to get a filling put in. It's really overcast and cloudy so far today but the sun is trying to peek through.

Oh, dear. Hugs to both you and Lucy! :hug :hug :hug Shingles are no fun at all.

Good morning ladies :coffee

It was another night pushing 1:30 and we still have tonight to go, but then this class is over. She still has another session of algebra to take, but doesn't have it this upcoming session....they scheduled her for something else :think I might have her try to call them to see if she can switch to right take that class and get it out the way for 2 reasons: 1. It's fresh in her head to continue on with the next part and 2. I'm moving away and it will be extremely difficult to try to do this over the phone :think We shall see.

I got a little cleaning done and packed 2 more boxes while Mary was working her problems last night, so that's good :clap I'm still having filter troubles with the turtles, so that's not so good :( Hoping today goes quickly and that tonight's practice final and final go smoothly :xfin

I agree. It would be better to take the second algebra class immediately following this one. Hope they are flexible enough to let her do that.

Hi Gang

Just a quick drop in to say howdy . Been so long,and I am so far behind, I have no clue who is dong what,when ,so will just say hello .

We have been working our buns off on the house -doing all the inside stuff first ,since it is less money than the big outside things will be. We talked to the bank about a loan but havent decided yet which way to go with that,so have just been working inside and thinking on it. I HATE being in debt --we currently have no car payments, credit card bills or any other loans except the house . I dont count that one,since everyone has either a house payment or rent .

The painting has been a challenge with the breathing and hot summer air,so it takes about 10 times longer to get done when I take so many breaks . Anyhow, finished the last room downstairs yesterday ,so now we have to big room upstairs,but it will wait til fall.Too muggy up there now .

WOW! Sounds like you have accomplished a lot already.

On the crochet front, it is ZILCH . Last time I tried even cotton, it bothered me,so I gave it up for now. sure hope to someday be able to do it again .

My lung guy said this week that he wont give up on me,and there has to be a combo of meds that will work, so we are still in the process of finding them. He added 2 more to the list, and one of my others I have to wean off, another I have to still take,but less often .

Rats! Sorry about the crocheting. I'm glad the lung doc is still working on the problem.

Our girl and family will be home from Korea next month,so that will keep me busy . Havent seen the kids in a couple years now . Cam is excited to see them and wants to take them on a ghost hunt at the graveyard. I still never talked HIM into going,but maybe he will go if a bunch of us do .

Oh, what fun! Have a grand time with them. How long do they get to stay?

Cam is doing great, playing baseball,enjoying time off school. He comes here a little more often now that school is out . I took him with me to get groceries the other day,and must say it was quite an experience . He talks nonstop about EVERYTHING,and can change subjects in one breath,so it was a challenge to remember all I needed ( I dont bring a list) ,keep track of how much I spent,and carry on a conversation ,everything from which cereal tastes best ,to what he was gonna sell at his garage sale, to the kind of meat his mom made the other day ... we pretty much covered it all .

He was really funny.When we went in,he asked how much money I had to spend,so I told him,so then we tried keeping track of what I spent. I let him buy one toy . When we were almost done, we went over my total ,so he said we'd have to put something back. I asked him what, and he stood back, pondered the cart for a minute,and said " Well you DID buy an awful lot of POP ." ....so I guess he figured that would be the one LUXURY item to go .

I like POP like Tam likes COFFEE,so pop would be the last thing to go. I'd go without FOOD and keep the pop .

Then on the way home, he said I was so FUNNY,and he said he thinks HE is funny too. I said yes, you are,you make me laugh all the time . Then he asked who would win if we were in a FUNNY contest ? I said I dont know ... but he said he thinks HE would win. Apparently I'm funny, but he is funniER .... He is VERY competetive and HAS to be the winner,so it's ok. I'll let him win .

Cam is precious. I'm glad you get to spend so much time with him.

Well, I have yakked enough . Just thought I'd drop in and say howdy from Hillbilly Village and hope you all are doing well . :yes

Glad to have you back, Julie. :hug :hug :hug

TY everyone about my gardens. My goal is to have the whole hill covered in flowers and no grasses at all.

That sounds like a wonderful goal. Do bachelor's buttons grow there? My Grandmother had a large patch of them beside her house and I loved them. There were flowers in blues, pinks, and purples all summer long. They all looked so cheerful.

Morning all! Just got back from letting neighbor dogs out for the day. Will go back later and let them in, feed them and crate them for night and do it all over tomorrow. Her DH invited her to go on a business trip with him for a couple of days.

Finished up a potholder and made a dishcloth during the storms yesterday afternoon. Lot of straight line wind and much needed, almost 2" of rain. If the wind and hail didn't damage the crops, this rain is a blessing as they were about to lose the cotton crop and the corn crop.

Judy, Shasta's tummy was red and itchy too and then she started on her feet because they were itchy. They got really red and when she went to vet, he noticed right away and told us to give her the benedryl. It sure helps and she sleeps/settles :rofl

I don't like shingles :no :no :no they hurt. After my first chemo treatment I got them on my tush and down my left leg. Was not fun at all. Hurt to sit, hurt to stand, just plain hurt :lol

Have a great day, Toni.

Time to get Kim moving. Catch you all later. :manyheart

Hi there house, yesterday I had to go to the dermatologist for I develope a rash, so combine with the co-pay and the cost of meds I ended up spending money that I didn't plan to spend, boy do I hate when that happen and I have to tap into my savings. :think The grand darlings are doing fine today, the baby is napping and the 3 year old is outside with papa shooting his new water gun at the tress, this gives me time to come in here and see what's shaking and also time to throw together a macaroni salad to go with this evening london broil. :eek

Judy - Oh sorry to hear about the shingles, I had them a few years ago, matter of fact a few weeks before I was suppose to go on a cruise. The doctor work real fast to get me heal in time to go on my cruise, but I do remember how nervous shingles made me feel. Sending healing prayers and HUGS for a speedy recovery. :hug

Wrennie - I love your garden :manyheart Flowers always make a place look so nice.

Val - welcome back, sorry you had to go through job harrassment, I pray that you win your fight. :manyheart

Joanne - I just painted my toes a bright blue, what color are you now wearing?????? :lol

Well House got to run and make my macaroni salad have a wonderful day. To anyone I miss sending HUGS :hug:hug:hug

·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸Good Morning·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸

Wow… I fell behind a bit here. Sorry kids!

I’ve been working on helping a dear friend who’s nephew was killed in a car crash a month ago… ( 3 days after graduating High School) L

I’m getting together a few things to donate to her for an auction she is having to raise money to help her brother (boys father) who is just beside himself in grief… and serious debt now from burying his son.

Thanks for all the hugs and love recently. Missing my daddy is rough!

Linda………… you’re little Uglee doll is too cute!

Umm….Toni………… did you share a pic of those pj pants? Did I miss it? Poor Shasta… good thing you have a way for her to still go out and enjoy the beautiful weather!

Oh Judy……….. you and those puppies of yours…. I get the biggest kick out of your stories! They sure keep you hoppin’!

I sure hope you feel better soon sweetie… geez… shingles… yuck. :hug

My goodness Marisa……….. all that math……. You could be a teacher when this is all over with …. LOL

Valerie……….. :hi HI

Julie……… :hug :hug :hug… so good to see you!!!!!

Oh Cheeria……….. :hug…. Whats the rash from? are you okay?

Dryer is yelling at me… gotta run. Need a coffee refill also! Check back in a bit!

:heart

:mug

Hi there Wrennie

I must have missed out on some possible photos of your garden someplace along the boards --will have to find the time to run through and see what all I missed .

Hi Toni

It sounds like you got some bad rainstorms there again .Hope all is ok.We had a gullywasher the other night and got water in the basement,but not a lot .

How are you feeling these days ? I hope you are doing well !

Hi Cindy

How are you ? I think I read back a ways that your mom is ill . Is she in the hospital or nursing home, or at home ? Very sorry to hear about it . I'll try to get my rear in gear and catch up on everyone. I am slipping big time .

Jude

It's good to be back,but so sorry to hear you have Shingles. I have never had them but hear they can be very painful and irritate the life out of you. Hope the doc had something to give you to make them a little more manageable . --OH ... I read another post that talked about your meds--sorry they are making you ill.Sometimes you wonder which is worse, the illness or the side effects .

Hi Linda

How's Kim doing these days,and when is your big quilt project ? I'm sorry if I missed it and its already over . As I said, I am SO far behind on posts, but will try to go back and see where I left off and do some catching up .

Our girl and her family get a month off,but they will be stopping in Hawaii to see some friends ,then here next,so they will be here a little over 2 weeks . Her inlaws also live in town ,so they will be spending time with them too,so not yet sure who will see them what days,but we will get something figured out . I have been busy trying to find some outside toys for the boys --they live in an apartment building in Korea, so are stuck inside with no yard a lot of the time, so they are looking forward to the outside activies , papa is planning on taking them fishing,so he will have his work cut out for him .

And yep,Cam is my best friend in the world. He never cares what I look like, what I do or say ,no stress .He is getting so FUNNY ... what a sense of humor he has .

Hi Cheeria

Sounds as if life is moving along pretty well for you.Sorry you had to take money out of the bank for the doc and meds. I know how that feels-- I dont like doing it either ,but sometimes we dont have a choice, I guess . I bet the grandbaby has grown a lot and doing lots of fun things now .

Hi there Tam

Good to see you.So sorry about the young boy killed so soon after graduating. That is so hard for anyone to deal with,but at a time like that, it'd seem even worse --completing school,then thinking about what step to take next in life ... sure hope his family can somehow get through it ok .

How is your husband and your boy ? I hope they are both doing well now .

You are such a goodhearted person to always be helping others ,so matter what is going on in your own life .

WELL... I THINK I may be caught up with the posts since I posted this morning. I'll get a tablet out and go back and read thru all that I missed so I am updated .

Will check back in later ...

Ok ladies

I got sucked into buying one of these gadgets .Although I know better than to fiddle with yarn, I couldnt help myself when I saw this thingamabob .

It is called the Knook .

Nope, not an ereader ,a set of wooden crochet hooks that have a hook on one end , knitting needle on the other,and you can crochet,but it looks like it was knitted when done .

Anyhow, the link is below-- right on the main Leisure Arts page up at the top . It has a video to explain how to do it . I tried it already and it works so cool,and really not hard once you remember the steps .

http://www.leisurearts.com/

Ok ladies

I got sucked into buying one of these gadgets .Although I know better than to fiddle with yarn, I couldnt help myself when I saw this thingamabob .

It is called the Knook .

Nope, not an ereader ,a set of wooden crochet hooks that have a hook on one end , knitting needle on the other,and you can crochet,but it looks like it was knitted when done .

Anyhow, the link is below-- right on the main Leisure Arts page up at the top . It has a video to explain how to do it . I tried it already and it works so cool,and really not hard once you remember the steps .

http://www.leisurearts.com/

:D Oh Julie............... you're so cute!!!

its really neat.... I made my own extention for one of my favorite hooks and have made a few things via knookinig

Its about time they came out with a neat beginners kit like that though!

I sure hope you have some new found fun with your yarn and hooks now! :hook:knit

here are a couple simple squares I made.......

post-18634-135897669013_thumb.jpg

:heart

:mug

post-18634-13589766902_thumb.jpg

Wow, Tam !

You have such talent,and to invent one on your own is a great idea . I'm a little slow, I thought they were brand new. Just saw them today at Walmart for the first time. I dont get out much to big craft stores,so am not updated very well .

Beautiful work on your projects, as always !

Did anyone ever ask you how long you have been crocheting,and who taught you ? Your work is always so pretty .

Cheeria, the salad and broil sound yummy. Sorry you had to go to dr. and get more meds and spend money you didn't count on. I too hate when that happens :(

Judy, sure hope your shingles ease up soon and you get to feeling better.

Tam, haven't shared the pants yet, need to do the hem first so she can put them on for me to get photo of :lol

Julie, there's a word I haven't heard in a while "gullywasher" and it totally describes the storms. Today was heavy rain but more on the horizon or just west of me.

Tam and Julie I don't NEED another technique :lol:no :no :no I will NOT go look! Darn, I looked :sigh interesting.

Archived