Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Love the RR Judy!!! It sure is hot out there and we'll be heading out soon to DD's and Sil's for a bar-b-que. At least they have central AC- so you know where I'll be most of the time!!!;)

I started another SBT- using up the yarn from the first baby blanket I made for Ryan, so I'll use this as the 'gift bag' for that one.

Linda- You must be getting excited to have a "vacation' to look forward to! Will you be working on your challenger quilt? Enjoy the rest of the day!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it true blue? I would love some seeds. I have some purple/white in bloom right now.

I think they are closer to blue than purple, but I suppose it is a matter of perspective.

They are super easy to grow and self seed with abandon.

If you still want saeeds, jsut pm me with your address and I will collect some and send them to you. (It'll be a few weeks yet before they set seed.)

post-6189-135897663229_thumb.jpg

Here's a pic of the SBT that I finished- because DH wasn't letting me concentrate on the granny-go-round tote.:lol Hopefully, maybe tonight I can pick that back up again- we'll see- I need to have quiet when I'm doing a new pattern!! The colors are Bernat Teal Heather and Luxury Ombre!

Also took a pic of the diaper cake for DD and SIL's "baby-que" shower.

\

Nice projects.

I had to work today, but it turned out to be a pretty good day. We had a potluck for lunch. I brought potato salad, (which I have to confess i purchased at the grocery store)

Ds is here today, but will be going back home to Detroit after dinner, which will be burgers on the grill, baked beans, chips, and fruit.

It is really hot and humid here today. Last night we had rain and tornado warnings, but it seems pretty calm today.

My plan for tonight is to read and craft, but dh might have different ideas. Guess I'll find out.

Joanne, love the tote and diaper cake. Just perfect.

Cindy, hope you get a lot of strawberries! I love fresh strawberries. I do have quite a few wild one's growing around her and they are putting out their little berries now. The turtles love them.

Your flowers are beautiful. May need some of those seeds myself.

Wrennie, love the flower photos! I just love flowers in the yard. If I could, my entire yard would be wild and domestic flowers, no grass :lol

Judy, beautiful RR and it will keep a special little one wrapped in love and warmth.

Linda, what fun going through all the old family things. And, bet you are looking forward to your staycation alone! Bet you will enjoy that.

Finished the changing pad, now working on the front pocket of the diaper bag and the loops that hold the pad in the back. Then it will need the sides and strap done and all put together, get zipper and line it and it will be complete. Oh, and that !#$!%$! tea cozy will leave the house for it's final destination tomorrow :lol

Here's a photo of my oldest with the tote I made her for her bday while she was here. She loves it and the camera :lol Also did some towel toppers for her. She's happy.

post-25113-135897663239_thumb.jpg

Here's a photo of my oldest with the tote I made her for her bday while she was here. She loves it and the camera :lol Also did some towel toppers for her. She's happy.

[ATTACH]39986[/ATTACH]

Great tote!

Thanks for the compliments, ladies!

Toni, that bag looks great! Zebra yarn??

I hope everyone had a good day....

Off I go again. CU all tomorrow:hug:manyheart

Toni- Great tote and would never guess that your DD doesn't like to pose for the camera!!!

Cindy- Sounds like a good ending to the day- with a small bar-b-que and maybe some crafting or reading!

We had a great time at DD& SILs today- it was a little hot outside though!! Good company and good food!!! I kept telling DD to rest and sit for a while- but she said she was fine- she looks great pregnant!!! My middle DD and BF were also there. I brought the SBT that I'm working on- my DD's both laughed and said - don't you go anywhere anymore without hook and yarn?:lol:lol:lol This is all new to them since I didn't crochet until 2 years ago.

Glad that the weekend turned out to be just what I wanted it to be- relaxing and fun!!!

Night all!

Nice shawl Judy!

My only wound was a scratch on my ear. I had Marton look at it yesterday to see if it looked red or swollen or infected. He said it looked fine. Dumb cats were on the bed this morning and started getting "frisky'. They all got shoved off pretty quick.

:rofl :rofl :rofl

thanks

Awwwwwww! :dog

After work we (Donna was working too so we carpooled) went to a nursery, a dollar store then the Jolly Cow for a texas hot dog. Donna had ice cream too.

Nice scarves & pretty patio!

Oooh, show us the purse! Welcome to our house!

Ummm, what kinds of plants? 90% of my garden is from swaps with other gardening friends all across the US and Canada.

Nice totes!

So Donna gave the puppy back. Her sons bulldog and her rotty/shepherd got along with it fine, but apparently her Beagle is gay and kept trying to have his way with the (male) puppy. She decided she didn't want to have to be pulling them apart all the time and she really didn't have a way of seperating them when she was at work, and her hubby was just going to fight jer on it anyway, so away he went. The girls that rescued him may just keep him if they can't find a home soon.

I went around and got a few pictures of my garden. Like I said earlier most were trades from online friends.

Various sizes and colors of iris. My red one isn't blooming yet. And I have a truer yellow that was saved from a house in SC where the people who bought the house were going to bulldoze those 'weeds' to make the kids a motocross track. They just started blooming today. I'll have to get a picture.

[ATTACH]39917[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]39918[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]39919[/ATTACH]

Light purple lupines. I wish I could get some other colors to grow.

[ATTACH]39923[/ATTACH]

Allium that Chrizty gave me in a gift.

[ATTACH]39921[/ATTACH]

Cntaurea. Everyone thinks its monarda its so similar in bloom.

[ATTACH]39920[/ATTACH]

And forget me nots

[ATTACH]39922[/ATTACH]

Oh - almost forgot: this is how the babies play...

Toni- I was thinking of you with all the racing on yesterday--and Yippee for getting your car back tomorrow!!!!

Wrennie- Glad you like to play "ID this plant"- I'll get pics when they bloom!!! The angels have put away their bowling balls for now- and it's sunny/humid out there- the AC is marginally cooling- but with a fan on too, it's bearable. Hope it's not going to cost beaucoup bucks to fix it-but I can't live without AC!!

Here's a pic of the SBT that I finished- because DH wasn't letting me concentrate on the granny-go-round tote.:lol Hopefully, maybe tonight I can pick that back up again- we'll see- I need to have quiet when I'm doing a new pattern!! The colors are Bernat Teal Heather and Luxury Ombre!

Baby, 16 point RR. Pattern from http://www.melindascrochetbits.blogspot.com/

It's about 38 inches and going to the NICU.

I think they are closer to blue than purple, but I suppose it is a matter of perspective.

If you still want saeeds, jsut pm me with your address and I will collect some and send them to you. (It'll be a few weeks yet before they set seed.)

[ATTACH]39986[/ATTACH]

I love all the pics that were shared......the flowers are gorgeous, I love Joanne's sbt, Judy's rr, and Toni's tote (model included :lol ) :manyheart , and the diaper cake is just adorable :clap

I'm back in Philly....stopped at my fav produce stand and loaded up on fruits. Also so parsley and oregano plants. My parsley didn't make it after I repotted it :( Unloaded and put everything away and then worked out. Didn't do any crafting yet today, but as soon as I'm done here I'll remedy that :lol Got woken up last night by the nasty storm and wasn't able to go back to sleep until the thunder calmed down :eek

I hope everyone had a great memorial day :hug

Oh.... Joanne, Judy and Cheeria - I'm thinking the weekend of the 18th won't work so well after all. It's father's day that weekend so looks like I'll be heading home 2 weekends in a row (the 11th and 18th) and then to Pitt for the next 2 weekends after that :think

Good morning House!

Marisa- Sorry that the 18th won't work for you! You sure have a busy June ---and I totally forgot it was Father's Day weekend---(maybe because my Daddy is up in heaven?) Anyway I sure hope we'll get to meet up at least once again before you move to Pitt!!

I finished the SBT last night- well, all except for weaving in the ends, which I'll do after work.

Toni- Hope you are able to begin working again today- and that it is not too overwhelming!!! Enjoy having your wheels back today!!!

Time for me to get ready for Paradise---and hopefully when I come home from work, the AC will be fixed and working properly!!

See you all later!

Good morning ladies :coffee

Welcome to tuesday, I'm going to be thrown off all week with having monday off :think Last night I worked on a market bag for myself (like the one I made my sister). I have a sbt in the works, but ran out of yellow :( So I just get to go yarn shopping :lol Nothing new to report this morning. I did get 2 chapters read last night before bed too :clap

Joanne - :xfin on the AC It's going to be hectic for me from now until the end :(

Joanne, Judy, and Cheeria - Let me know if you ladies are still getting together on the 18th....just in case :lol I may swing up that way and then to my parents after :think Stranger things have happened :lol Just not ready to commit to that idea yet. For Juloy may I suggest July 16, which looks like the only good weekend for me that month. We're having a family reunion the weekend of the 23rd and will be busy that whole following week, and yep, I took the whole week off. Then I work 2 more weeks and am done :clap After my last day I head up to my parents for an event on saturday and then my mom and I are going to the beach for a week, meeting up with my sister and her bf. Come back here and I gave myself an extra week to get everything finished up here and to move the last weekend in august :yes

Wrennie- Glad you like to play "ID this plant"- I'll get pics when they bloom!!! :yes

Nice tote! Thats a cute cake idea!

pretty! :yes

Oooh, I like them! I'll have to get a picture of my purple.

Wrennie, love the flower photos! I just love flowers in the yard. If I could, my entire yard would be wild and domestic flowers, no grass :lol

Thats my goal! :yes

I'll have to stand at the road and get a picture. When we moved here the only garden was on top of the retaining wall behind the house. Everything else was grass and trees. I'd love to have grassless.

[ATTACH]39986[/ATTACH]

Very nice!

Have a great day!

'morning, peeps!

This morning I take Heidi in for her second puppy shots.

Some puppy!:lol I did manage to put her down on the stairs this AM and she slid for one step before walking DOWN three!:clap:clap:clapMy back, shoulders and arms are very happy to see the beginning of the end of carrying her down:yes

We had a great time at DD& SILs today- it was a little hot outside though!! Good company and good food!!! I kept telling DD to rest and sit for a while- but she said she was fine- she looks great pregnant!!! My middle DD and BF were also there. I brought the SBT that I'm working on- my DD's both laughed and said - don't you go anywhere anymore without hook and yarn?:lol:lol:lol This is all new to them since I didn't crochet until 2 years ago.

I'm so glad you had such a nice time:hug And also that you have a place you know you can bring your hook and yarn to - was way too humid to do it outside, I'd imagine.

That is sooooooooooooooo pretty!!!! I love it!

:heart

:mug

TY:D

Joanne, Judy, and Cheeria - Let me know if you ladies are still getting together on the 18th....just in case :lol I may swing up that way and then to my parents after :think Stranger things have happened :lol Just not ready to commit to that idea yet. For Juloy may I suggest July 16, which looks like the only good weekend for me that month. We're having a family reunion the weekend of the 23rd and will be busy that whole following week, and yep, I took the whole week off. Then I work 2 more weeks and am done :clap After my last day I head up to my parents for an event on saturday and then my mom and I are going to the beach for a week, meeting up with my sister and her bf. Come back here and I gave myself an extra week to get everything finished up here and to move the last weekend in august :yes

Wow...the end is coming up quickly for you!!!!:)

I hope we see you...looks like the rest of us will be able to make it. I'm pretty sure I'm OK for July.

Off to get some laundry started before the vet visit. I'll find out how much she weighs now, too.

BBL

wow i've totaly forgot about this "project" I still have about 2 colors worth of Saltines to make, This project has been pushed to the back of my list. but now mabey I'll have to renew it and start a new one now that I'm plannin on making my Niece a afghan. she turns 18 today. and will be a senior in the fall! wow time has flown

:sun·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸Good Morning House¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

I stayed busy crocheting!

Got another Stash Buster Tote done yesterday.

post-18634-135897663397_thumb.jpg

I'm hoping to get another one done today!

Good morning, my friends. It's going to be another hot one out today. It's been 90* or higher for the last several days. John got home early yesterday and brought home Chinese food for supper. Afterwards I opened two more boxes. #1 was full of pattern books for macrame projects, sewing and how-to reference books, old 'Ideals' books, and such. #2 was more geneology materials and another treasure trove. Included were a copy of the deed to my great-great grandparent's homestead farm and the story of how they got it and pictures of them, & pictures of my great-great grandparents in England, & lots and lots of black-and-white photos of lots of family pictures, grave stones, etc. Also files of correspondence, charts, and other data. This is so exciting because there is so much more available on-line now than there was when I was doing this 30 years ago.

That is absolutely gorgeous, Judy. :clap :clap :clap

I just love flowers in the yard. If I could, my entire yard would be wild and domestic flowers, no grass :lol

I love flowers in the yard, but this red Georgia clay doesn't like to grow much of anything.

Linda, what fun going through all the old family things. And, bet you are looking forward to your staycation alone! Bet you will enjoy that.

I am indeed. Our countdown cootinues.

Oh, and that !#$!%$! tea cozy will leave the house for it's final destination tomorrow :lol

:lol :lol :lol

[ATTACH]39986[/ATTACH]

Very pretty dauhter and lovely tote.

Night all!

It's definitely addictive and I know exactly what you mean.

Good morning ladies :coffee

Welcome to tuesday, I'm going to be thrown off all week with having monday off :think Last night I worked on a market bag for myself (like the one I made my sister). I have a sbt in the works, but ran out of yellow :( So I just get to go yarn shopping :lol Nothing new to report this morning. I did get 2 chapters read last night before bed too :clap

:lol I may swing up that way and then to my parents after :think Stranger things have happened :lol Just not ready to commit to that idea yet. For Juloy may I suggest July 16, which looks like the only good weekend for me that month. We're having a family reunion the weekend of the 23rd and will be busy that whole following week, and yep, I took the whole week off. Then I work 2 more weeks and am done :clap After my last day I head up to my parents for an event on saturday and then my mom and I are going to the beach for a week, meeting up with my sister and her bf. Come back here and I gave myself an extra week to get everything finished up here and to move the last weekend in august :yes

Wow! You've got a really busy summer on your agenda.

Just heard the weather forecast for today. It's supposed to hit 97*. :eek Too hot for this early in the year.

Tam, that's a pretty color!!:clap

Linda, I'll bet I know what you're going to be spending your free time on real soon! Wonderful geneology finds!:clap

And Heidi went for her 2nd puppy shot today - she didn't want to go, so I carried her to and from the car each time (hubby was working). BUT she was an angel, laying down in the doggie "hamock" (sp) in the back seat - that must smell very interesting to her since we had it for Susie too.

Here's how she looked from my POV in the front seat. She's about 28 pounds now at 3 months old. She gained 13 pounds in less than a month

post-8552-135897663414_thumb.jpg

First time to this forum. I am an art teacher and artist, but I love to crochet doilies for the most part to relax. I also do some afghans from time to time. I am a mom of two grown young adults, and a wife. How do I get started here? I love poetry, and write some pretty poor stuff if I might say so! :blush

Tomorrow is my last day at work till summer comes, and would love to chat with other crocheters and share projects.

Can we photograph our own projects as long as we give credit to the designer or book we received the pattern in?

I am not sure how this works but would love to hear from folks with like interests. I primarily paint and draw, but love the textile arts. It would be nice to get to know you guys.:manyheart

Thanks for the compliments, ladies!

Toni, that bag looks great! Zebra yarn??

Yes, zebra yarn had a good amount of it in stash. Don't any more :lol

I hope everyone had a good day....

Off I go again. CU all tomorrow:hug:manyheart

Good morning House!

Toni- Hope you are able to begin working again today- and that it is not too overwhelming!!! Enjoy having your wheels back today!!!

Worked Friday and Sunday. Today was a very LONG day and it's record breaking heat outside. Still have a lot of work to catch up on but the extra $$ will surely help out. Yep, got my wheels back at 7:30 this morning :yay Hope your day in Paradise was a good one.

Time for me to get ready for Paradise---and hopefully when I come home from work, the AC will be fixed and working properly!!

See you all later!

And Heidi went for her 2nd puppy shot today - she didn't want to go, so I carried her to and from the car each time (hubby was working). BUT she was an angel, laying down in the doggie "hamock" (sp) in the back seat - that must smell very interesting to her since we had it for Susie too.

Here's how she looked from my POV in the front seat. She's about 28 pounds now at 3 months old. She gained 13 pounds in less than a month

Absolutely ADORABLE!!!!!

[ATTACH]40014[/ATTACH]

I'm hoping to get another one done today!

:think what would happen if you slowed down just a tad? :lol

Hello cheeria, dusti, kiyo, linda, marisa, mary 1, mary 2 and anyone else I missed. Hope you all are having a great day!

TTYL :hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

Joanne - :xfin on the AC It's going to be hectic for me from now until the end :(

Busy, busy busy- July 16 looks good for me! I've marked my calendar- and yes, we're still meeting on June 18---you know if your car decides to take a detour!:lol

[ATTACH]40014[/ATTACH]

I'm hoping to get another one done today

Another beauty!!!!

Tam, that's a pretty color!!:clap

Linda, I'll bet I know what you're going to be spending your free time on real soon! Wonderful geneology finds!:clap So neat all the cool things you are finding!!! It was hot/humid here today too---and the office- well, it was 80 degrees when I got into work at 7:15!!!! That's what happens after a 3 day weekend!! Thankfully I have 2 small fans on my desk- and they were both on all day!

What a great picture- and hope she's feeling ok after her shot. She is getting big and I can see why you are very anxious to have her climb down the stairs!! WTG Heidi on going down 3 of them--maybe by the time you read this, she'll have mastered that feat!:cheer:cheer

Welcome GingerLee- we post pics all the time of projects we've made and give credit to whoever the designer was or link to where we got the pattern from.

My middle DD is an artist also- and is studying for her Master's in Art Education.

Welcome to the Ville!!

Archived