Let it Snow 2011 (Snowflake CAL and Share)

jrnylst

Merri- I used #10 cotton and a size 7 steel hook. I used the second version for round 3 and it came out to 2" across from point to point. Really tiny and cute :)

Thank you! :tup

I want to make small ones to go with the reg. size ones and decorate the whole tree this year. My daughter picked out a light mint green ball and I'm thinking of crocheting on a few of those too so they all blend together.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thank you for the warm welcome Merri. I look forward to sharing with everyone I am glad I found this forum. When I get a chance I will share my list of projects, I always have stuff on the go sometimes it is 2 or 3 things just to change it up a bit so as not to get bored.

thank you for the warm welcome Merri. I look forward to sharing with everyone I am glad I found this forum. When I get a chance I will share my list of projects, I always have stuff on the go sometimes it is 2 or 3 things just to change it up a bit so as not to get bored.

Welcome, DeDee! I, too, always have several things going on at the same time to keep from getting bored. Nice to know I'm not the only one!

I will try to get a picture today to show you the sl st on the pattern you are asking about. I go into the middle of the sl st to try to make it as invisible as possible, but you probably could do it either way you have said and get the same results.

If you can (picture), that would be great.

bailey

One side for the the St. Elmo Snowflake Pomander and one for a picture of my grandaughter. I like it in white but I have lots of colors and not much white.

post-10430-135897618093_thumb.jpg

post-10430-135897618096_thumb.jpg

One side for the the St. Elmo Snowflake Pomander and one for a picture of my grandaughter. I like it in white but I have lots of colors and not much white.

Adorable starflake with your granddaughter!!!

Oh yes - what is JELLY YARN? Never heard of it

It's a non-fiber yarn, kind of rubbery, easy to work with. Comes in glow-in-the-dark and clear, as well as other colors. You can see it here:

www.jellyyarns.com

It's so pretty!

I worked one up this morning but it is not anything near flat. I guess this one totally needs to be blocked/stiffened to look right. Hopefully this week I can do that to the ones that I have made this month ;)

As a break between cross-stitching and starting another part of crochet curtain for my friend, I made a few snowflakes. I'm not going to starch them now - I'll do it before Christmas this year :)

post-30828-135897622271_thumb.jpg

As a break between cross-stitching and starting another part of crochet curtain for my friend, I made a few snowflakes. I'm not going to starch them now - I'll do it before Christmas this year :)

[ATTACH]34144[/ATTACH]

Beautiful!

[ATTACH]34144[/ATTACH]

Beautiful work! I kind of like to see a bunch of them unstarched every now and then. They almost look as if they are dancing!

I've been naming my snowflakes after mountains this year (because it was hard to come up with names without being ridiculously repetitive), and today's snowflake is the first one named after a mountain I've actually climbed!

post-31952-135897622759_thumb.jpg

Beautiful work! I kind of like to see a bunch of them unstarched every now and then. They almost look as if they are dancing!

LOL! I got 2 just sitting and waiting....:D

I'm not caught up yet for January but at least I didn't fall further behind... :heehee

Archived