Let it Snow 2011 (Snowflake CAL and Share)

jrnylst

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As a break between cross-stitching and starting another part of crochet curtain for my friend, I made a few snowflakes. I'm not going to starch them now - I'll do it before Christmas this year :)

[ATTACH]34144[/ATTACH]

very nice. i also have a few made but noit going to starch them till November. i am in a snowflake challenge to make at least 2 a month Jan through to Nov then towards the end of Nov those that have signed up will get a partner and all the snowflakes they have made over the year get sent to their parnter

Not only the snowflake is beautiful, but also all the pictures with it - so artistic! :clap:clap:clap

Thank you!

jrnylst I love the hearts! Can't wait to make this one. :yay

Got my 3rd one done today and posted on my blog. Plan on getting the other 3 done by the end of the week so I'll be caught up for the year. Each one is getting a little easier to crochet overall. Your patterns are great and so far I haven't had any problems understanding them

(remember I'm a beginner, LOL). :)

Fans of jrnylst, aka Snowcatcher--A booklet of her 20 most popular snowflake patterns is available in pdf form free with a donation to MS. Just got mine last week. It's a nicely done 40 page pattern book. Read about it here: http://snowcatcher.blogspot.com/2011/01/hot-off-press.html

Thank you, Fran, for such a nice review!

Another beautiful snowflake!

Now I'm working on other thread projects (finishing a small tablecloth, started about 2 years ago :lol - just decided it's high time to complete it!).

There are 3 aunts in my family who crochet and we meet from time to time just to crochet together and have fun. They wanted so much to make a few snowflakes from "99 snowflakes" book, but they don't know English and they don't like written patterns. So I prepared a few charted patterns of flakes for them - just had to draw the patterns :) So even though I didn't make any snowflakes lately, I had my "snowflake input" :hook

Beautiful as usual. If you ever run out of ideas I have a picture of a flake I would love to see as one I can make, have held on to the wrapper since before Christmas. Happy Valentines Day everyone.

Please, inspire me! I try just about every snowflake I see on any wrapper or container!

Another beautiful snowflake!

Now I'm working on other thread projects (finishing a small tablecloth, started about 2 years ago :lol - just decided it's high time to complete it!).

There are 3 aunts in my family who crochet and we meet from time to time just to crochet together and have fun. They wanted so much to make a few snowflakes from "99 snowflakes" book, but they don't know English and they don't like written patterns. So I prepared a few charted patterns of flakes for them - just had to draw the patterns :) So even though I didn't make any snowflakes lately, I had my "snowflake input" :hook

Diagraming snowflakes is quite the task! I'm impressed that you were able to do that for them! I think diagraming can be more difficult than crocheting them!

Would love to see your tablecloth when finished!

Please, inspire me! I try just about every snowflake I see on any wrapper or container!

Thank you! Not quite brave enough to try it myself. I will scan it and see if the picture comes in clear enough to see otherwise I will find another way to get it to you.

Another great snowflake!

Diagraming snowflakes is quite the task! I'm impressed that you were able to do that for them! I think diagraming can be more difficult than crocheting them!

Would love to see your tablecloth when finished!

I think diagraming is not difficult at all - I'm always suprised when I read written patterns - it's so easy to make a mistake and not so easy to follow! But I know some people prefer the picture and the others - text. In Polish magazines and books about 90% of patterns are charted, so I'm used to it.

My aunts were very happy to try new snowflakes :)

I really like your snowflake rug, but I most certainly wouldn't allow anyone to actually walk on it!!! Its too pretty to come in contact with feet!

That's pretty funny! If it was more than leftovers, I might feel the same way!

Archived