Question - Round Ripple Afghan for a man??

Is a round ripple afghan appropriate for a man?

I want to make an afghan for a former co-worker and his wife. They live in Montana, near the mountains, in the woods. I don't know exactly what kind of house, but suspect very simplistic, in neutral tones with great views. The husband is a photographer and takes pics of nature - mountains, lakes, trees, etc. I don't know anything about their favorite colors, likes, dislikes, etc. and would prefer not to ask to keep these afghans as a surprise.

The wife's is easy - a round ripple in ivory and light brown. I am just about finished with one in those colors and I absolutely love it. It is for someone else, so I will be making another one, just changing up the color pattern rounds a little.

I was thinking of a round ripple in ivory and light green for the husband. If a round ripple is good for a guy?

I really suspect their house is more earth tones, nothing really bright. I figured the light brown and the light green would go in with the surroundings - trees, mountains, etc.

What do you think? Round ripple okay for a guy?

Thanks,

I made a RR in RH Ocean for my 11 yr old nephew, 1 in dusk for my 26 yr old nephew. I am making one for there grandfather in blue, taupe and white. I plan to do one in camouflage for my niece's hubby

montana is also known as big sky country...so some blue in there is good. like rhss earth and sky...

Love this colorway! I like using a multi-color, then pull solid colors from it when I make afghans. But, I am sure whatever you do they will appreciate :manyheart

I don't see why not except I don't know how tall he is. A round ripple really isn't the type of ghan that you fit well under. If he's 6 ft tall he'll need a really big rr.

Most guys LOVE the flannel ghan. It gets COLD up there so a 2 strand ghan would work.

You can do the rr in 2 strands also.

I just made a 2 str RR for my adult son, so that part is fine...but he's only 5'9...and I had to make that pretty big. Rose Red's suggestion of a FG or even a similar, rectangular ghan is, I think, a better idea for someone taller.

Personally, I would not use the light green for a manly ghan. I thing either a darker green or the flannelghan would be a better choice. (I'e use the dk gr for the flannelghan too)

...just sayin'.

If you want them to match, you could take the light brown from the wife's and use it with a darker brown. I don't think I would use a light green for a man either, unless I knew for sure it was a color he would like. If you use a blue, you could choose a grayer, more denim type blue. Those seem to me to be the most neutral of the blues.

• 2 weeks later...
Is a round ripple afghan appropriate for a man?

I want to make an afghan for a former co-worker and his wife. They live in Montana, near the mountains, in the woods. I don't know exactly what kind of house, but suspect very simplistic, in neutral tones with great views. The husband is a photographer and takes pics of nature - mountains, lakes, trees, etc. I don't know anything about their favorite colors, likes, dislikes, etc. and would prefer not to ask to keep these afghans as a surprise.

The wife's is easy - a round ripple in ivory and light brown. I am just about finished with one in those colors and I absolutely love it. It is for someone else, so I will be making another one, just changing up the color pattern rounds a little.

I was thinking of a round ripple in ivory and light green for the husband. If a round ripple is good for a guy?

I really suspect their house is more earth tones, nothing really bright. I figured the light brown and the light green would go in with the surroundings - trees, mountains, etc.

What do you think? Round ripple okay for a guy?

Thanks,

This was written back in 2006. My opinion as long as the afghan covers from feet to neck your on your way. Also, I'm sure whatever you made was greatly appreciated by both! I'm going to keep reading to see if you posted any pictures. Also does he hunt? Because greens and browns would have been perfect!

This was written back in 2006. My opinion as long as the afghan covers from feet to neck your on your way. Also, I'm sure whatever you made was greatly appreciated by both! I'm going to keep reading to see if you posted any pictures. Also does he hunt? Because greens and browns would have been perfect!

This thread was started Dec. 22, 2010. Her join date however was May, 2006. :-D

Julee

Archived