2011 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a cute kitty!!

Finally finished an afghan I've been working on (and off) for months. Used 9 skeins and turned one into a ball! +19!! So long moon! :lol

:turtle:vheart

Putting in my totals now, as this will be a busy weekend!

Did a lot of work, but no skeins used up (worked alternately on two projects), so:

Stashbuster Total: WTD +0 YTD -21

:manyheart

Do giant balls/skeins of yarn and cones still only count for 2 points? I just bought a giant skein of natural colored acrylic yarn to edge some squares and put them together in an afghan and I'm not sure how to count it, plus I have a ton of cones.

TIA

Do giant balls/skeins of yarn and cones still only count for 2 points? I just bought a giant skein of natural colored acrylic yarn to edge some squares and put them together in an afghan and I'm not sure how to count it, plus I have a ton of cones.

TIA

How I do it is that the bundle, regardless of what it is, if its manufactured packed (on a cone, skein, spoon of #10 thread, etc) I count it as 2 points. When I physically roll it into a ball, that's when I get 1 point and when I use it completely, I get the extra point (or the 2 points if I never rolled it into a ball, which is rarely if ever).

here's my score for the weekending August 20,2011:

WTD:-1/YTD:+23

posting now since I have to work today and tomorrow night.

Well, I was on my way back to Earth when the post man found me. Brought my swap package...16 skeins of yarn! Another -32. I'll be on the moon if anyone is looking for me. :lol

Well, I was on my way back to Earth when the post man found me. Brought my swap package...16 skeins of yarn! Another -32. I'll be on the moon if anyone is looking for me. :lol

Oh no, Sue! :eek I thought for sure you'd be in the running for the GOLD this week! ....... Well, it's ALLLLLLL good!!!! :clap Have fun with your special swap gift!!!

:rofl

Okay, I have to post my total again because I'm a bonehead and only counted 1 point per skein I acquired this week instead of 2 points. To whoever is counting this week, I am very sorry for being such a dork. I also bought 2 more skeins of yarn today so Here goes.

WTD -37

YTD -33

I'm posting early. Big party at the beach. Kind of a last hurray, end of summer party. Kind of sad. It means winter is coming.:(

WTD score +4

YTD score -30

Well, I probably won't have much of a good score this coming week. I just started a baby blanket that has 5 different colors, and you have to change colors every 2 rows. So I expect it to take a while for me to finish a skein. Oh well. I love the pattern though! It's called Rainbow Baby Blanket by Mary Maxim. :manyheart

I think you can stay on earth this week cause I have beat you. Since I am new to this can someone explain what I have to do??

Thanks.

I think you can stay on earth this week cause I have beat you. Since I am new to this can someone explain what I have to do??

Thanks.

If you win the "Shoot the moon" award, then next Sunday you do the scorekeeping for the week for WTD scores. Just look at other copies of the scorekeeping, go through the week and write up all the scores.

Good luck and I hope you win!:)

Thanks.

The -32 was just for the swap box. I had to add it to the -9 I already had, so I still beat you. :lol

Anyone want to visit me and all this yarn on the moon?? :rofl

WTD: -41, YTD: -138

BTW, I work tomorrow so this weeks scores will be posted when I get home...same goes for next week. :lol

Archived