2011 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've used up 3 skeins so far this week, so hopefully I'll keep it up and end the week with a positive score for once.:lol

I just finished this shawl last night, and have to admit that I'm pretty proud of it. I made it for my mom for Mother's Day. I'm not sure she'll actually use it, but I thought I'd give it a try since she usually puts a coat around her shoulders when she's cold.

post-33647-135897655336_thumb.jpg

post-33647-135897655339_thumb.jpg

post-33647-135897655342_thumb.jpg

post-33647-135897655345_thumb.jpg

2 words...Hobby Lobby :rofl

33 skeins later....

Lucky you! :yayWhat are ya going to do with all the new stash??

I've used up 3 skeins so far this week, so hopefully I'll keep it up and end the week with a positive score for once.:lol

I just finished this shawl last night, and have to admit that I'm pretty proud of it. I made it for my mom for Mother's Day. I'm not sure she'll actually use it, but I thought I'd give it a try since she usually puts a coat around her shoulders when she's cold.

It's beautiful. She will love it. :manyheart

used of a skein of yarn +2

WTG Faith!!! :cheer:clap

I've used up 2 more skeins. Another +4. :)

2 words...Hobby Lobby :rofl

33 skeins later....

YES! Maybe I won't shoot the moon this week! :lol

That's GORGEOUS!!

:turtle:vheart

Yarn geek, your shawl is absolutely beautiful! Your mom is one lucky lady! The stitches are so feminine and the color is perfect for spring and summer. Lovely!

yarn geek, the shawl is beautiful

our walmart had RH tea leaf,honey dew,linen,light sage for a dollar a skein on clearance,I

better keep busting my score this week or I'll be deep into minus this week

Lucky you! :yayWhat are ya going to do with all the new stash??

:rofl more totes!

I've used up 2 more skeins. Another +4. :)

YES! Maybe I won't shoot the moon this week! :lol

totes totes totes..how many can I get done....:lol:lol:lol

I did buy some for a few scarves :hook

Just added up what I've worked on this week so far..

2 totes for +5 between the 2, and used up a ball on a baby blanket

So +6 there...so now I'm down to -27! Be careful how much you buy! The week is still young!

Thanks, everybody! I washed it and threw in some extra fabric softener; it turned out so soft.:) I'm sure my mom will love it.

So..... it might be a race to the bottom this week.:lol I was going to be good. Honest! I just needed one more skein of fern for a blanket I'm trying to finish. Well, Michael's had more yarn on clearance. I haven't counted it yet, but I'm staring at a big bag full of yarny goodness.:devil

just finished...another..um.. tote :D took 1.5 skeins of mc and 1/2 of contrast so +4 and I'm at -23!

I'm finishing a felted tote that is taking 6 skeins of wool (only 85 yds each, but still a skein)!! So when that's done (tonight) I'll get another +12!!

:rofl who was I kidding

I got 33 skeins..that is -66. Here I was cheating and trying to make it only -33 and then this morning using my spread sheet...I realized that 33 can't be what I bought by points as that is an odd number :lol

Ok so you all have some breathing room :rofl

wtd today

Hobby Lobby -66

Totes +9

baby blanket +1

so I'm only at -56 for the week :lol :lol :lol:hook

Well, Hobby Lobby got me for a -18 :devil

only used a skins and a ball so -15, looks like everione had just as much fun shopping as I did :hook

I got 33 skeins..that is -66. Here I was cheating and trying to make it only -33 and then this morning using my spread sheet...I realized that 33 can't be what I bought by points as that is an odd number :lol

wtd today

Hobby Lobby -66

Totes +9

baby blanket +1

And you girls couldn't do this on a week when Sue and I go shopping?? :think

:rofl :rofl

after last week's scores, I was a little worried to have a -6 this week... not fretting too much now... actually considering another shopping trip LOL

shop shopshopshop!!

not too subliminal for you is that? :lol

wtd today

Hobby Lobby -66

Totes +9

baby blanket +1

:whewI'm safe!! :devil

I just added up my haul from last night: 24 skeins! I've finished 6 skeins so far this week, which puts me at -36. I could have had a +12 for the week, but I think I'd rather have the yarn.:rofl

AHHH I need to shop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL

I will say this, last night I finish off my last dishcloth ... and I don't finish a skein of cotton off... oh no - I have about 5 yards left LOL

Anyone know what to do with 5 yards of cotton?

Well, I used up a skein, but gained a TON of yarn last week from my friend who's moving away. I'll put my totals in as soon as I can count all the balls and skeins...

Well, I used up a skein, but gained a TON of yarn last week from my friend who's moving away. I'll put my totals in as soon as I can count all the balls and skeins...

Gotta love our friends. The ones that give us yarn and the ones that throw them in our carts (:turtle). :rofl

Archived